• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Starting and Ending with Cardio?

canuck_newbie

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Right now, my routine looks like this:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=27972

I am doing 15 minutes of cardio (excercise bike) at the beginning of my workout and 15 minutes of cardio (excercise) at the end as well.

I have read a couple of posts where post-workout cardio was frowned upon because of catabolization. Didn't quite follow that. I also understand that if you are bulking cardio should be kept at a minimum. I'm not at the stage where I am doing bulking and cutting phases yet.

My workouts are taking me between 1 - 1 1/2 hours now. I am thinking of putting an end to my post-workout cardio, and just sticking to 15 or 20 minutes on the bike at the beggining. This would get me out of the gym and drinking my post-workout shake that much quicker. I want to give my heart a good workout too, but I don't want to inadvertently minimize the muscle-building that's going on.

Any thoughts?

i like to start my workouts outs with a combo jump rope/jogging routine to get my heart rate going and muscles warmed up. If i don't i lift like crap for the first 25 minutes of my workout, before i get my "first wind" going. as for cardio afterwords i really don't like to do it. if i do cardio after working out it is usually much later in the day

well, id try to get the workouts you do to under an hour if possible. as for cardio, if you want to do it, do it all before or all after, otherwise most of it is warming up and you wont be hitting hte cardio hard enough. i like to do cardio on my off days. if you are gaining, you might want to go easy on the cardio or not do any at all for a while.... i did way too much cardio for years and didnt see nearly the results that i am now.
summary: id recommend doing some HIIT on your off days and cutting out the cardio completely on your workout days, especially if you are gaining. keep your workouts short... under an hour if its possible. a warm up is ok, but not a full-blown cardio workout, unless its the only one. but if youre getting good enough results with what youre doing, dont stop! hope this helps

i find that a quick 10 min burst of cardio helps get the "junk" out of my muscles and decreases soreness and quickens recovery.

your mileage may vary.

10 mins cardio after your workout!

do not do intese cardio before your workout, or else you'll have no enery to lift the weights, keep it light pre-workout

ideally cardio should be done in the morning on the days you don't lift

peace

I do both to get my heartrate up before and burn more. After to wear myself out. I only do this "double" cardio about once a week though.

Back