• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Post Workout Meal

Jill

Back to reality
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you all think is the best to have imediately after your workout?

I used to do a whey/dextrose mix immediatly after training. as much as the science behind it back it up, etc. I have noticed NO difference whatsoever from switching to oats/whey post workout. :)

What do you think about whey and oj? ( not for me;) )Someone recommended that at the gym.

1 cup oats
40g whey isolate/concentrate/casein/egg albumen blend
5g glutamine

Peace.

Originally posted by Jill
What do you think about whey and oj? ( not for me;) )Someone recommended that at the gym.

terrible.
orange juice (fructose) will replinsh liver glycogen first. and you want to restore muscle glycogen stores :)

doesn't the fat in oats would count as fat in PWO meal?

i like oatmeal, but is it bad if i prefer to eat it rather than mix it with my drink, i just love to eat oatmeal

Originally posted by Premo55
1 cup oats
40g whey isolate/concentrate/casein/egg albumen blend
5g glutamine

no oats, at least not in the first 60 minutes pw, it is too slow digesting and will slow down the protein digestion.

pure whey protein is the best pw, you want quick absorption of amino acids for anabolism, casein digests too slowly, not good for pw.

for a carb dextrose or maltodextrin are good pw.

and of course creatine and glutamine are ideal pw.

an apple would be good for PWO?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Jill
Jill, stick what your doing just make sure you don't have any fat PWO. ;)

What would be the best carb then? I usually have tuna or egg whites as PWO protein

Originally posted by Prince
a high GI carb, and a quick absorbing protein, egg whites would be okay, no tuna.

What does tuna do for PWO protein?
I guess the brown rice and Sweet potato, yam would be a very high GI carbs

Mine's pretty simple, and is the only thing I had figured out before I hit this board - 6 grams of creatine with 2 scoops of whey.

My creatine supp has a high-GI spike built into it, so it's a good quick carb, and two scoops of whey is 44 grams of protein.

Nice and easy.

My post work out meal is my lunch. Should I not eat lunch after, or should I not eat as much, or is what Im doing ok, I eat about a chicken breast and a half and 2 cups or black beans, about 1/2- 1 hour after workout.

I will start drinking a protein shake this week. Should I just mix the protein, creatine, glutamine together with water?

I drink a shake with 50g protein, 5g creatine, and a tbsp of Udo's blend. I used to add dextrose/maltodextrin, but stopped adding it because of the extra 400-500 calories it provides. I keep my calories to around 2200 a day and would rather spend those 500 calories on some chicken or ground beef.

I have to fess up. I was using the gourmet jelly beans that my wife gave to me for valentines day for a PWO spike:rofl: Hey we can't be perfect all the time, and if I'm going to eat them that was the best time of day!!:grin:

IML Gear Cream!
Prince, my PWO shake works for me...I tried bulking once on nothing but casein and saw nice gains, too...there's literature to suggest that whey is simply TOO fast PWO and will be used to refill glycogen instead of repairing muscles. I can't deal with the sugar crashes from dextrose and maltodextrin, and my waistline doesn't react positively to it, so I really prefer oats.

Peace.

theres a great post on Avant labs "Ode to Oats". its a discusion on high GI carbs(dextrose) vs. oats.
very interesting. worth a read
I stick to oats! :)

This is for Steve-how about whey, a banana and water post workout? (he usually has that but with milk) Deff no oj????

For Steve, I would skip the banana and the milk PWO Go with 2 scoops protein and dextrose for him.

Fructose will only fill liver glycogen. PWO, he need to fill muscle glycogen.

Premo - did you do a serach or Ode to Oats?

Jill- no bananas either post workout as a carb soucre only. the fructose will replinish liver glycogen stores first.

Yeah, I did, I couldn't find anything. Aren't bananas composed more of glucose than fructose?

Peace.

Back