• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Morning Cardio

brodus

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
We've probably all read how good it is to do cardio first thing in the morning, even before breakfast, as your glycogen stores are very low and your body will burn fat more quickly. But for most, its hard to make that work during a work week , due to time available before work, etc.

Well, I rearranged my schedule and did my first morning cardio today, and DAMN not having glycogen SUCKS! I "hit the wall" way early into my run. I felt lactic acid buildup after just five minutes. I am definitely going to keep doing this in the morning, but WOW, it hurts.:eek:

Anyone else care to comment on how difficult it is to workout in the morning with no glycogen to help you out?!

I did it this morning for the first time but I had no problem. How long you go for?

For my last 5 weeks of contest prep I started doing morning cardio, luckily I have a home gym in my basement that is equipped with a stationary bike, elyptical glyder and treadmill, I do 20 minutes of HIIT at 6am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings.

Yeah, 20 minutes is where I stopped, and then cooled down. I had a post workout shake, and now I feel great.

I honestly don't think I could go much longer than that at my intensity level. You just don't have the juice!

I dont like to do it in the morning
its like ultimate catabolism...
I eat something first
anything
like a whey protein shake
and then do it maybe 15 minutes later...

Anyone do their morning cardio outside in the cold morning? I've been thinking of doing that and as early as 6am but I'm afraid to catch a cold or something. What do you guys wear?

Do my cardio 430 to 530 two times a week when im not lifting , love the quiet mornings and the cool fresh air. I live in northern Maine!!!!!

riverrat-- from EF? :)

Explorer Forum.

IML Gear Cream!
Morning cardio is highly overrated. If you are on a calorie deficit, which you will be if you're cutting, or if you're moderating or going low carb, you will be with low glycogen stores all day anyway.

But then again, cardio in general is a very overrated concept.

Peace.

Makes my day! 6 miles in 45 mins, for a 45 yr.person keep hoofing the asplalt working the total body all at once!

Back