• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lifting Belts

Yanger

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What lifts do you recommend or feel require a lifting belt? Don't use one currently but wonder if that is mistake or not.

TIA

Belts are only really needed when your going to be in a possition where you back could be put under alot of stress (squat, deadlift, ect.) I like the belts by Schiek. Form fitting and comfortable.

Keep doing the lifts without a belt.

I use belts on squat and deadlift only. I've done it real heavy w/o belts before and ended up screwing up my back. It helps you keep good before while preventing injury. Of course, coach instructs us to wear belts - I never did before I started competing.

I dont use one. If you cant lift the weight on your own, dont lift it at all.

Get those abs and that lower back up to par and you dont need one.

I agree belts are often over used, but when you have 500+ lbs. on your back it's a good idea to wear a belt. :wave:

hahaha, how many people here on IM can squat that? Not too many. "SLDL+crunches= Citadel"

500 isn't to bad :lol: Nah I can only squat around 415 - 425 :headbang: Getting there tho. BTW I never use a belt.

IML Gear Cream!
If i'm doing light-medium weight I don't use a belt, but on deadlift or squat im usually working out 80-85% so it helps me.

I don't use one unless I am squating, and I don't use one then until I go over about 350. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, that's true. But you gotta beable to support the weight if you wanna get big. So just build the secondary muscles, so you can suport the higher weights. No assistance = Better Gains. More muscular strain.

Originally posted by scottrtrout
I agree belts are often over used, but when you have 500+ lbs. on your back it's a good idea to wear a belt. :wave:

Good old Needsize and his "fragile" body, doing 600 with no straps, gloves, wraps or belts. :)

Back