• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Flex Wheeler, Wtf ?!?!??!

BigBallaGA

LA ISLA BONITA
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i cant believe this is flex, picture taken at the 2004 Iron

WTF happened to his physique ?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

thats what happens when you build your body on insane large amount of steroids, when you stop this is what happens ......

Attachments

• flex.jpg
    flex.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 146
Hasn't he been really ill as well? Thought he had a kidney transplant or something.

yea after seeing that pic i read up a bit and saw that he has had some problems, he claims it is in direct coorelation to his years of steroid abuse !! which makes perfect sense

but he had a great physique, too bad.

I aggree with BBG. Ken Wheeler is essentially a skinny man built up by his intake of steroids along with his training and food intake . Nothing wrong with that at all. this is not judgemental. The trouble with Ken Wheeler is his denial of the amount of drugs he took and then the other stuff he brought into it. ie. his bizaare behavior. At a Mr. O, he backed out due to some strange claims of being a victim of a car hijacking . It would appear that someone he knew wanted the car he was driving for reasons that a person could reasonalby surmise but not say publicly. He has previously gone on record that he had done some pretty ugly things in his pro career, things you wouldn't want a momma to know about her son.
He quit a numberof times only to make an announcement of his soon to be triumphant return yet it didn't happen. The last return had him try it naturally which was a crock of crap. ( he never went natural )
Rumors of calf implants always dogged him. And without the high amounts of drugs, his shallow chest and narrow shoulders could not be hidden. he looks like the giambi fellow from MLB- the post steroid pic.
Wheeler turned to religion as do most people who replace one addiction with another. People for whom drugs are a religion often trun to religion to replace the first one.
A woman who goes to his church donated her kidney - from what i read on line somewhere. he still shows up skinny as a rake looking to have his picture taken.

Originally posted by MarcusMaximus
And without the high amounts of drugs, his shallow chest and narrow shoulders could not be hidden.

he still shows up skinny as a rake looking to have his picture taken.

bro-EVERY pro wouldnt look nearly as good w/o all the drugs they take.

He had mulitple kidney dialysis procedures, and he can't eat alot, and obviously lifting is not a priority anymore, survival is. therefore he looks "human" again.

i believe in 1998 (before Flex tried to compete with the mass monsters) he had the BEST physique EVER.

Originally posted by Flex
bro-EVERY pro wouldnt look nearly as good w/o all the drugs they take.

He had mulitple kidney dialysis procedures, and he can't eat alot, and obviously lifting is not a priority anymore, survival is. therefore he looks "human" again.

i believe in 1998 (before Flex tried to compete with the mass monsters) he had the BEST physique EVER.

agreed. there are many pro bodybuilders who take boatloads of drugs that never came anywhere near his physique. and never will.

competing with the mass monsters ; if by that you mean that he started taking larger amounts of drugs to compete against the bigger sized competitors, then you are saying exactly what you thought that i meant about Ken Wheeler. That the larger sized people must be taking more drugs. or better drugs. That Dorian was taking more, that Ronnie Coleman is taking more. that anyone bigger than Wheeler must be taking more than he did.
it could be that they trained smarter and / or their body responded better to whatever it was that they were doing.

I do agree that Wheeler looked good in most pics.

Marcus, ever the one to be a critic eh ;)

Perhaps he just shows up to events because deep inside he still loves the sport.

Regardless of how he looks now, he did a great job building himself an outstanding body. You can push that at steroids all you want, but in reality if it were just steroids that made the pro's then there would be a hell of a lot more out there. It takes years, dedication and some definite knowledge to achieve the sizes they do.

Anybody can be a critic... and the funny thing is, you'll find most critics dont have what it takes to accomplish that which they are critiquing. I think we'd do better to applaud him for giving it his best and realizing when it was time that he needed to stop before he killed himself and cast yet another negative shadow on the sport of BB.

Originally posted by myCATpowerlifts
lol hes posing just like you in ur avitar

Yeah but prince still looks bigger than he does;)

Yeah, and Princes abs arent all outa whack :grin:

Dex has some amazing abs.

Originally posted by Eggs
You can push that at steroids all you want, but in reality if it were just steroids that made the pro's then there would be a hell of a lot more out there. It takes years, dedication and some definite knowledge to achieve the sizes they do.

Exactly.

Bodybuilding is just like any other sport, it takes a hell of a lot more than just drugs to be a pro!

Do you guys think you could be an NFL quarterback if you trained hard and took steroids? Very doubtful, it takes genetics, talent, years of hard training, discipline and the desire/passion to do it!

It's the same with bodybuilding. I hate when people say stupid shit like "I could look like that if I took all of the drugs they take". Yeah right.

Originally posted by myCATpowerlifts
he was fair sized
but the biggest thing was his perfect symmetry IMO

Muscle shape I'd say. He had a kidney removed and is off the anabolics so he says. He is also or was also, on some catabolic steroids. He also has a small frame and small bone structure, he is not going to look big without some serious lifting and dieting.

here is another one i came across,

also, if anyone has links to arnold 2004 pics please post !!

Attachments

• wheeler.jpg
    wheeler.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 64
flex wheeler was one of the bodybuilders over the past several years he always was in great shape his illness is a sad thing it does not matter if he used anabolics to get the body he had.if he had not busted his ass in the gym he would just have been another fat ass with big arms and a big gut

Originally posted by axle
it does not matter if he used anabolics to get the body he had.if he had not busted his ass in the gym he would just have been another fat ass with big arms and a big gut

actually anabolics is a huge part of it. Flex was actually not that intense of a trainer, compared to many other pros. don't get me wrong, he obviously dedicated his whole life to BB (training, eating etc.), but w/o the steriods he would've been nothing.

actually when Flex "retired" and then tried to make a natural comeback, he was quotes as saying something like "i dont know how anyone trains like this (meaning natural), cuz it (the pump) doesn't feel nearly as good and its impossible to make gains.

I remember him admitting to juicing when he said he was "natural." I remember when he was becoming popular, he admitted to being lazy and showed his pictures.

However, Flex being lazy is still an incredible amount of work to get where he was.

Originally posted by Prince
LOL, did not even notice that! :)

Oh yea right Prince,, I know you pulled that Wheeler poster off your bedroom wall, scanned it and posted it here. Your both doing the exact same pose and you didn't notice it? common now.. we know your a Flex wannabe. hahahahahahaha just kidding man...I"m a Flex wannabe too. He looked amazing in that photo.

Originally posted by Eggs
Marcus, ever the one to be a critic eh ;)
lol - and leave it to you to be the ONLY ONE ( so far..hehehe) to find offense and comment about my post. :D
Perhaps he just shows up to events because deep inside he still loves the sport.

he probably does. Can't take that away from him. he should be allowed to go and do anything he wants. At this stage of his life, maybe it's all he knows. There isn't much of a retirement plan for pro bodybuilders. Arnold tried to set something up years ago as he realized that pro bodybuilders live only for the moment and after 10-15 years, have nothing to fall back on. That they end up doing menial work at minimum wages. yet he walked away when the bodybuilders for whom he toiled couldn't get together on it.

Regardless of how he looks now, he did a great job building himself an outstanding body. You can push that at steroids all you want, but in reality if it were just steroids that made the pro's then there would be a hell of a lot more out there. It takes years, dedication and some definite knowledge to achieve the sizes they do.

I am not anti steroid. there is no question that more is required than just drugs.
Anybody can be a critic... and the funny thing is, you'll find most critics dont have what it takes to accomplish that which they are critiquing.
As always the doors of perception seem to be hinges and swing back and forth. with or without lsd. you and everyone else see my comments as criticism and unjust criticism at that. However, what i wrote was almost exactly what he himself has said at various times about himself or about others. Pro BB put themselves up there to be judged, usually by lesser mortals than themselves. There are few people of Flex's cailbre that are around to sit on a judging panel. so you take a bunch of people who have eyes and a semi clear mind. I have no delusions about the quality of my non-physique.

I think we'd do better to applaud him for giving it his best and realizing when it was time that he needed to stop before he killed himself and cast yet another negative shadow on the sport of BB.

Flex certainly was the best in the world at what he does for a few years. as for him realizing that it was time; you miss the issue. he didn't realize that his time was up. he kept coming back, trying to do something else. he didn't realize it until it was taken from him with his kidney failure. it was only then that he decided to quit. closing the barn door after the horse escaped kind of thing.

The guy is indeed great! But it was kind of like watching Ali come back to fight only to get beat those couple of times. But Ali is still a great champ and so is Flex.

Steroids are a good thing. Denial is a bad thing. :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by Flex
actually anabolics is a huge part of it. Flex was actually not that intense of a trainer, compared to many other pros. don't get me wrong, he obviously dedicated his whole life to BB (training, eating etc.), but w/o the steriods he would've been nothing.

agreed. maybe "nothing " was a bit severe but he wouldn't have gone on to being hte best pro bodybuilder for his time. i don't know why people argue this point. anabolics are indeed a huge part. Lazy intense or in between. Wheeler was a great bodybuilder but was essentially a sknny ectomorph who was into martial arts. ( hence his name - he was flexible).

had he devoted his life to MA, he may have gone on to greatness at that.

Last edited:
Originally posted by MarcusMaximus
lol - and leave it to you to be the ONLY ONE ( so far..hehehe) to find offense and comment about my post. :D

Agreed, I'm a critic too :p

I actually think with what he was able to accomplish that his skinny frame was a boon to him... it made him look that much more freakish with his smaller joints and huge amount of muscle on him. If he'd had a larger frame he probably could have gotten bigger... but I dont think we'd recognize the symmetry in that as we did with the build that he actually had.

And denial is definitely bad :)

agreed.

Funny how he will probably make more money and/or be more successful / find more happiness in taking pictures of pros than in competing against them. Everyone will want to have Ken Wheeler's photography of the shows. just a thought.

Hi, guys.. almost four years later!
Flex is my total favourite in the bodybuilding but on the pics posted by BigBallaGA, there's nothing to see. He's wearing shirt and his body can't be seen. Only I can't understand what's so bad in his physique on that pics.

And by the way, does someone has new pics of Flex where his body is showed on? From the new pics, I found, where he is wearing shirt, looks like his body is still nice.

Back