• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

critics welcomed

moldsen

You are always a newbie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all, first post. Just wanted a few opinions on how I train. I am in the Army and have been lifting on and off for about 5 years. With training and deployments getting into routine was hard, but now I am in a job where I can really get serious.

I am 6' 215lbs. 36 years old. I train with a split 6 days a week, back/bi, chest/tri, leg/shoulder. I take 10g EAS Phosphagen (5g before, 5g after workout) daily, 40g protein shake after workout, and 300mg Alpha-Lipoic acid two times a day. I lift heavy 4-6 reps on the first split of the week and medium 8-10 reps on the second split. I am pretty satisfied with where I am at. What you could possibly help me with is the little tire I can't get rid of around the middle. I also would like to add another 10lbs of mass and stay right around 225.

I eat about 4 to 5 meals a day high protein, drink alot of water, and cheat every once in awhile. I am not interested in competing or anything like that but any suggestions or improvements are very welcome. Thanks

Welcome to IM. :D

So, what prompted this post? Have your gains stalled on your current routine?

As for the 'spare tire' - check out the stickied threads at the top of the nutrition forum. There's a ton of information there on how to drop bodyfat.

Yeah pretty much I guess, I have been stuck at 215 for about 6 months, I eat and eat. I could probably pack on that other 10lbs pretty easy if I stopped doing cardio, but the in the Army you have to be able to run. I'll check the nutrition threads
thanks

Try mixing up your routine... there's a myriad of different things you can do. Since you train each bodypart 2x a week, is it safe to assume that you're not taking each set to failure? You're training relatively lightly?

If so, you might consider moving to a once a week routine, but increase the intensity. Or if you've been training to failure twice a week already, you might try taking a week off and easing back the intensity/volume of your workouts.

Check out the journal forum, there's a ton of training logs in there you can read... might find something you'd like to try.

I would reccommend you post a typical days meals and macros, that would give people a better idea on how to help you loose the spare tire.

I would try the many different proven workout programs such as HST, MAX OT, DFHT, etc. Try each program for 8 weeks, take a week off and try another, or if your happy with your gains, keep using it until the gains become stagnant.

Meal 1: protein shake 40g, 5g creatine, 300mg alph lipoic acid

Meal 2: 1 egg, 6 egg whites

Meal 3: 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, apple

Meal 4: Slim fast shake

Meal 5: CHicken, Beef, or Fish. rice/potatoe, vegetable 300 mg ALA

Meal 6: protein shake 40g

Back