• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Tape measure, photo, squeeze & feel?

seabee

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Been cutting for 8 weeks and I use the visual, squeeze and feel approach to guage muscle loss. I don't have the guts to measure. What do others do?

When I'm dieting for a show I take pics weekly to see how things are changing. Try to wear the same thing each time. But don't be afraid of the tape measure it will help as well.

Do you thing you have lost much actual muscle size?

Measuring is good, once a week or whatever you feel is appropriate. If you want to progress wether in gain or loss, why not get the facts?

I use a combination of tape measure, scale and bodyfat calipers. If you're losing too much muscle, then you need to add some calories. Nothing sucks worse then spending months working hard in the gym to add a few pounds of muscle, then lose it all, or more, due to an overzealous calorie deficit.

I don't think I've lost size, but my lifts have dropped by 10 lbs +. I have lost 15 lbs in 8 weeks. This is the leanest I've been in 7 years bodybuilding. I'm going for 10 more lbs by May 1. This will be the first time I've been well in single digit bodyfat territory...If I'm losing a little muscle, not much I can do about it...right? If I add calories, I'll never reach my goal. I don't want to turn back now. This has been a bitch. :bash:

15lbs in 8 weeks is pushing it. There is something you can do...................slow down the weight loss to 1 lb a week. The slower you loose it, hopefully the less muscle you loose, if you keep your diet right.

Originally posted by JerseyDevil
Nothing sucks worse then spending months working hard in the gym to add a few pounds of muscle, then lose it all, or more, due to an overzealous calorie deficit.

YES! Dont go from a 4,000 diet to a 2,000 diet overnight!

1 pound a week (~500 cal a day) is the most usually recommended for a natural lifter to attempt at gaining or losing per week. 2 pounds or greater for a non-natural lifter.

If you are burning 300cal from cardio, count that.

Back