• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I thought I was in great shape untill

once was fat

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I thought I was in great shape untill I joined a city basketball league. I had a practice pickup game and 2 minutes into the game I felt like I was going to collapse. I dont get it. I have no promblem running 5 miles on the treadmill at a fast pace but when I got on the court it was a diffrent stroy. Would anyone recommend loading up with some carbs pre game.

I play city baskeball, and have for the past 2 years. I would recommend getting a solid source of slow burning carbs 2 hours prior to the game with a good bit of protein as well. Dont down energy drinks or anything prior to the game because youll get a nice sugar rush and it will collapse during the middle of the game. Drink water 3 hours before and keep yourself full of water until about 30 minutes prior when you begin to warm up and you should sweat some of that water off. Drink water as much as you can during the game.

I remember running 5 or 6 miles a day during my training for my job and being tired during basketball games too. You pace yourself during long runs such as those, during basketball, your constantly going from medium intensity, to high intensity, to medium, to low and back to high. Your expending lots of energy and intense bursts of energy (such as a fast sprint down court, or battling three or four guys for a rebound) will cause you to get tired much more quickly than running 5 miles on a treadmill. Its all in the conditioning :)

Basketball is more like short springs, and agressively moving your body side to side at fast pace, while "running" is pretty monotonous and straightforward, it is not sprint/stop/sprint/stop/jump/step step/sprint etc

Soccer should be pretty brutal as well.

camaro, what do you do, i mean what isa ur job ?

Gday

Yes mudge is right i play futbol aswell and even though you can do various cardio to train for it the only way to get match fit is to play matches. The fast 20 metre sprint follwoed by jog for 10 seconds then turn etc and add in the tackles, hitting the ground and jumping and its very strenuous. Our first trial game was yesterday and im sore as now. Its only natural to be knackered after the first few games geting back into it, but you will get used to it with more games. My problem is that after the games my guts feel real bad. I cant eat to much and i cant go to the toilet, cant sleep either. My games are usually at 1500 so i have my full breakfast but after that usually nothing till after the game. Should I be eating a tuna sandwich(1 can of 95gram tuna between 2 slices of multigrain bread) an hour or two before the game?

Pele.

it's all on your anerbic condition on that one. if you just jog up then court and back(which you arent doing much), you would probably be in aerobic condition. but basketball requires plenty of short burst of speed( to beat a opponent to the ball, trailing a fast break), then a jog back on D or sometimes if your opponent push it fast and he happens to be a good ball handler and you're in a tight game... you're in for a long night

Heh.. lets just say what I do takes physical training :)

Back