PDA

View Full Version : Help with wifes sex drive.

Bevo
03-15-2004, 07:57 PM
My wife has been on some antidepressants and they are great, as far as her moods swings, but have hurt her sex drive. And now that she's not moody anymore I want to have more sex. Anyone know of anything to help boost a ladies sex drive while on antidepressant. And when I say moody I'm sugar coating it, so getting off the antidepressents is not an option. Any ideas or is this common?

PreMier
03-15-2004, 08:00 PM
It is common. You may want to have her talk to her doctor. There are other medications out there, that may affect her sex drive differently. But from what I know, the only way to get it back is to stop the meds.
Try posting this in general health and awareness. Or PM DrChiro or bandaidwoman.

Sapphire
03-19-2004, 05:07 AM
It is a very common side effect of anti depressants... unfortunately. I think Wellbutrin is supposed to be one that does NOT affect sex drive. Have her ask her doc about it.

iron jock
03-20-2004, 03:41 PM
To what I heard all anit-depressents do that, even kill off the drive completely till the med are clean out of the system.

supertech
03-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Prozac,zoloft and paxil really cut out your sex drive.I would go with what sapphire says and try the wellbuterin.