• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

St. Patty's Day

I'm Irish. I'm not having any of that unfortunately :( I just want some Irish Soda bread and a good stout ale' :lick:

My grandparents are from Ireland and they never had corned beef and cabbage until they came to the States LOL!

Its an American meal but OMG I SOOOOO Love cornedbeef and my Gram does make some yummy corned beef but her Soda Bread is to die for. I was suppose to fly home this past weekend too. :grumble: They already made the St. Patty's day dinner because my Grampa's B-day was the other day. :(

Heh, I'm Irish, and I have Soda Bread on the counter. I'm being bad.....Also had steak and Fadge for dinner.

I have a Guinness in hand at the moment. :)

While corned beef and cabbage is indeed an American meal, we're having it tommorow. If I had thought ahead, I would have ensured white and black pudding, and some Irish bacon were around for breakfast tommorow.

This IS a holiday, afterall. I took the day off and am going to celebrate.

Well I was planning on having a beer....just for the occasion :p

Irish here as well. I don't like corned beef and cabbage much so it won't be a sacrafice to skip it. Really do love the Irish soda bread though. Damn I miss that stuff. I could probably persuade my mom to bake me a loaf and ship it...but I'd eat it in a day and that's no good. :no:

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone :)

I want soda bread :bawling:

IML Gear Cream!
wish I could toss ya some Jodi

I don't know what I'm going to do today.......:scratch: Been pinched twice though...Guess green eyes don't pass the test:grin:

Happy St. Pat's day to you to Jodi

My bloodline on my fathers side has the one and only John L. Sullivan, the bare knuckle brawler, I learned that when I did my family tree in high school. My mom's side has some red hair, so I got it from both sides. I'm such a mix breed, but I have blonde hair, blue eyes and white skin. The only indication I might have Irish is when I grow a goatee the tips of my hairs are reddish- blonde. Tonight I might make some baked potato soup

all i have to say is taht i didnt wear green all day

and i didnt get pinched yet...
im actually dissapointed
when i was little is was so fun...:/

Who knows that St.Patrick was a slave, and after escaping decided to go back and teach? Blue was also the original "St.Patricks Day" color.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/03/0312_040312_stpatrick.html#main

As the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick is credited for bringing Christianity to the island. Yet St. Patrick himself remains in a mysterious fog of fact and legend.

No one can pinpoint the exact dates of St. Patrick's birth or death or where he originally was born, Mahony said. It is generally agreed that he was captured in his youth and sold into slavery, probably in the fifth century, in Ireland. "There is a combination of history and myth that is very difficult to sort out," Mahony said.

From Haggerty's perspective, it is clear from the stories, whether true or not, how St. Patrick won over the hearts of the Irish. "One of the things that endears him to the Irish ??? was the fact that, because he had been enslaved [in Ireland], he had learned the language and so he could preach to them in Irish."

i took down my corned beef and cabbage, good stuff, i also sported my knee high green socks that i had from soccer. unfortunately i didn't partake in any of the true irish festivities(drinking, and heavily at that) cause i drink no mo'. How Irish am I really then?

To celebrate St Pattys Day, I drank.. a lot.. :hehe:

Back