• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

water retention?

aztecwolf

Sackin' up every day
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is the water retention due to a high sodium intake similar to that of the water retention due to taking creatine?

carbs can also do it to you.

both excess sodium intake and carbs cause water retention, also not getting ENOUGH water will as well.

I hate the water retention from carbs. After a meal of 70+ carbs I honestly feel like a whale, and the fact that I drink at least 1.5 liters of water and my fiber intake is through the roof doesn't really help, hahaha.

Peace.

Originally posted by atherjen
both excess sodium intake and carbs cause water retention, also not getting ENOUGH water will as well.
All of this and even certain medications WILL cause water retention.

Originally posted by BabsieGirl
All of this and even certain medications WILL cause water retention.

medications such as......

i need to know what to avoid.

Blood pressure medications can make you retain some water. If you have HTN. Diuretics though, can help you with this such as Hydroclorothiazide or Lasix.

Too Much Water can do it too can it not?

IML Gear Cream!
are you male or female?

it could be the foods that you are eating - try some digestive enzymes such as papaya, charcoal tabs or ginger root.
also, do you eat dairy products? that could be a problem for sure.
have you ever been tested for allergys? it could be an allergy to wheat/gluten (as I am).

Originally posted by aggies1ut
Female, and sometimes it's irregardless of menstrual bloating. Meaning, I'm bloated when I'm nowhere near my period.

Have you talked to a dr about this?

When does your bloating occur? After you eat? What does your diet look like and be HONEST!!! I think I know but am not sure unless you're completely honest with me.

Babs

Here is some informatin I have put together....Incase others are wondering the same thing.

First, Doctors call the gassiness, bloating and discomfort that occurs after eating dairy foods lactose intolerance. It means your stomach is unable to digest the lactose--or milk sugar--in dairy foods. As people age, they produce less lactase--the enzyme needed to digest lactose. Without lactase, the undigested milk sugar ferments and gases form. The trapped gas makes your stomach bloat.

Second, other hard-to-digest foods--such as beans, nuts, seeds, fruits, brussels sprouts, oats, barley, honey and yeast--can also cause gas and an inflated stomach.

Third, food allergies can cause your stomach to puff out, too. But this is a reaction of the immune system involving the whole body, and usually hives and runny nose are the more prominent symptoms.

Fourth, if your digestive system is the least bit sensitive--and you have what's called irritable bowel--then, milk, beans and other common problem foods may be even more intolerable. With an irritable bowel, the nerves in your intestines may overreact to irritating food and drink. This triggers spasms in the muscle wall of the large intestine. The contents can't move along, so you become constipated. This distends the bowel. As the contents ferment, gases are produced, making you bloat even more.

Fifth, if you eat your food too quickly, you'll swallow air, which also stretches out the bowel.

FYI -- Persistent bloating with pain could indicate a number of digestive diseases. These include obstructions in the bowel or kidney, diverticulitis, appendicitis, gallstones, ulcers or a tumor.

To get rid of gas, try Phazyme 95. It's an OTC medication that contains simethicone, which quickly breaks up gas bubbles, eat more fiber like Atherjen said, skip stimulants such as; coffee, tea and chocolate .
*Fat is another food that's often hard to digest and may stimulate spasms--and consequently bloating--in the bowel.
* Approach milk with respect, just because milk and dairy products cause bloating doesn't mean you have to give them up. You can drink lactose-free milk, which tastes sweeter, or add liquid lactase to your dairy products.
*slow down and chew your food carefully
*Take a PMS Supplement - take supplements containing the B-complex vitamins and also magnesium and calcium.
*Keep a "bloat" diary

Most importantly, you need to consult your physician about your bloating problems. Especially if your bloating is causing abdominal pain. This is by no means a self diagnosis. Strictly FYI!!!

Take care and be safe
Babs

I agree with Jen - Ginger, papaya and charcoal. You could also look into a plant based digestive enzyme. I've been taken them for about a week now and they work wonderfully :)

IML Gear Cream!
It depends on the kind you bought. I take the digestive enzymes 3 times per day with my larger meals. I take the ginger, charcoal as needed (IOW - when I'm bloated :( ) and I take the papaya after every meal.

Back