• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

You need fat need to build muscle?

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
You fat need to build muscle?

This has got me really confused, some people ( including IFBB Pro Mike Sheridan) have told me that if I eat six high protein, high carb, low fat meals equally spaced during the day, as long as I train and eat healthily I will make gains. But other people have told me that I need to put fat on first.

Can I get a 100% definate answer.

Do you need fat to build muscle?

Everything you read and everything you hear is a matter of ones opinion.

Have you followed the book for at least 6 weeks prior to this post?

You don't need fat to build muscle. :no:

Clean bulking is the answer. That way you gain minimal fat while building LBM. Check out the sticky at the top of the forum called Guide to cutting, bulking........for sample diets on a clean bulk.

It depends on your body type....ectomorph, endomorph, etc...bottom line, if you want to bulk, you need a calorie surplus (in excess of your daily maintainance level). I'm an ectomorph (fairly small boned, 6'2", now @ 198#, but over the winter I go on the seefood diet......I see food; I eat it [within reason....no ice cream binges!), but you will probably gain some fat along with the muscle....like Jodi said....eat reasonable clean and you'll be fine....but eat LOTS of protein

im also seeing good results on the seefood diet. im pretty skinny naturally (was about 130# at 5'10" before i started piggin out). i just try to see food thats better for muscle gains... meat, beans, cheese, etc. im not particularly worried about cutting cuz i have to work really hard to put on weight anyway.

Putting on a little bit of fat while bulking is normal, but I dont understand why people recommend putting on fat to help muscle gains.....

If you are asking if you need fat in your diet to build mass then the answer is yes. Fat in you diet aids in the uptake of vitamins A and D and also aid in natural test production. Eating fat does not make you fat. Many people get the Omega-3 fatty acids via supps like fish oil or flax seed oil.

Re: You fat need to build muscle?

Originally posted by leg_press
This has got me really confused, some people ( including IFBB Pro Mike Sheridan) have told me that if I eat six high protein, high carb, low fat meals equally spaced during the day, as long as I train and eat healthily I will make gains. But other people have told me that I need to put fat on first.

Can I get a 100% definate answer.

Listening to an IFBB PRo who is on large amounts of steroids is not the best place for advice. When you're using steroids it's easy to stay lean and gain muscle mass simultaneously, not so easy naturally.

When you're trying to gain mass, or "bulk", it's typical to gain some fat due to an increase in calories. The problem with staying lean is it's difficult to ensure that you're getting adequate calories, so by eating a little extra you ensure your gains, and it's inevitable that you will gain a little bit of fat. You will also find that with the extra fat and water weight you will have more strength allowing you to push bigger weights, and make more gains.

To answer the question, yes you can gain muscle without gaining fat, meaning it's physiologically possible, but difficult to do, and much more so naturally.

Thank you evertyone, what I was told was that you needed to put fat on first before you can put on muscle. I don't mind the extra fat lord knows I need it. Just out of curiousity: How do you know that Mike is on steriods?. He doesn't have any needles marks in his arms or anything because I've been him training.

IML Gear Cream!
i wasn't even showing up on the caliper tests i definately needed to add some

no, i was startin to look like "sucked az" i am at a much better state now, with more muscle and fat, feelin and lookin a whole hell of a lot better

yeah serious i eat like a pig now, and no more hardcore 2 a days

Re: You fat need to build muscle?

Originally posted by leg_press

You need fat to be HEALTHY. This does not mean ANY form of fat.

What you are talking about though is bulking, and when a gear head bulks it usually means eating way beyond maintenance calories so that you put on as much LBM as possible. A natural guy bulking doesn't need to eat so crazily.

Originally posted by Prince You will also find that with the extra fat and water weight you will have more strength allowing you to push bigger weights, and make more gains.
So true! Just found this out myself recently. :thumb:

Re: Re: You fat need to build muscle?

Originally posted by Prince
You will also find that with the extra fat and water weight you will have more strength allowing you to push bigger weights, and make more gains.

Is that true ? :confused: How is that possible?

Re: Re: Re: You fat need to build muscle?

Originally posted by Vieope
Is that true ? :confused: How is that possible?

It is true because:
a) mass equates mass....ie the more mas you have the more mass you should be able to move (in theory)

b) a little extra fat and water will protect the cells and joints as well as give way to extra energy to allow for some heavier lifts.

Think Powerlifters - they carry a MUCH higher bodyfat than the norm. :eek:

Regardless, you don't need fat to build muscle :no:

okay cool, do you reckon my meal plan is okay though?

Back