• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

ectomorphic physic

Karnij

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello.

I am new to these forums but i like what i c and think that you guys know what you are all talking about so i have come here to ask some questions.

I am currently 16 years of age. I am 5'8 or 5'9 and weigh a pathetic 120 pounds. Even though i am a VERY skinny guy i am quite lean and have some muscle. I have been going to the gym and can now at least bench 125 pounds so i am not weak by any means, just REALLY REALLY small. I know that i will probably never be a very big guy but i also don't want to be. I don't want to big HUGE i just want to have a nice ectomorph physic. I mean i want to have a body like say a swimmer ( i want very defined muscle instead of HUGE ones). I want to be able to not have too flex my chest when i take off my shirt so it looks like i have at least something there. So what i'm saying is that i would like a physic where the muscles are broad and thick so that they pretty much look the same when i am not flexing, as when i am.

should i go for a lot of reps with little weigh or should i go for few reps with a lot of weight to get this physic?

can someone give me a routine that i could use at home and in the gym to get the body i want since i only go to the gym twice a week. any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to get to know some of you people.

Hey Karnij, welcome to xtreme.

Firstly, I wouldn't worry about getting huge bulky muscles, that just doesn't happen over night, not even if you have the help of AS.

You'll need to work in the 4-6 rep range with 2 sets for small muscles like arms and 3 sets for larger groups like legs/back.

You should learn lifts like:
Squats
Deadlifts
These are the two key movements and if you do them, I guarantee that your whole body will grow.

You will also need to eat as much good food high in protein as you can and get plenty of rest.

Now if I could only work out 2 times a week, I'd go with something like

Day 1:
Chest - Back - shoulders

Day 2:
Legs - Arms - Abs

Good luck and ask if you need any help with anything.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

16 is a good age to start working out. Scotty gave you some good advice. I was about your size when i was 16, so as long as you stick to your workouts, you'll get there.

Welcome aboard. I see you're from Edmonton. Please don't tell me you're another one of them OILERS fans!
chuckle.gif
bawling.gif

I went to this weboage
http://www.gymamerica.com/gti/exercise/exercise_animated_demo_index/1,4263,1_,00.html?

and an awsome page it is too...

I am going to be joinning the reserves this summer and i need to gain as much muscle mass and weight as i can in the next 6 weeks. Could someone tell me the two best exersises i could do from each of these sections to gain the most muscle mass i can in the next 6 weeks. thanks.

chuckle.gif
Man i'm SO GLAD i found this website.

If you want to build some functional muscle in a short time you should use an abreviated routine and focus on the largest muscle groups.For example, use a routine that focuses on deadlifts and chin-ups.3-5 sets of each performed twice per week.For variety, you could switch grips every workout.On the deads, you could do wide-grip deadlifts on one day and the next day do regular grip deads.On the chins, you could do wide grip pronated chins one day and close grip supinated chins the next.You could supplement this routine with a circuit of push ups, sit ups and free hand squats(you will need to prepare for these exercises since you are headed for basic soon).I know that there are no bench presses or curls, but this routine has what you need.

------------------
matt toupalik

I can see from your question that you're pretty new to all this. Instead of asking for a specific question (ie, what routine should you do), I would ask people to teach you how to begin a bodybuilding lifestyle in general. You must learn how to:
1- diet
2- train w/ proper form
3- recover

1- Diet is what take the most dedication, cooking 6 meals a day is what you must do. All meals equilibrated with proper ratio of fat/protein/carbs (ie, 1:2:3 or 1:2:2 is good).

2- I saw you found a good website, read stuff like that from left to right.. pick up a magazine at the book store, stuff like that and make sure you apply them in the gym. Defeat the temptation of putting more weigth to boost your ego.

3- This is the part where you'll pack the pounds, include sleeping plenty enough (7-10 hours of sleep per night). Keep your training to 3-4 short (but intense) workout a week. The low reps theory is known to be the way to go, so I would stick with the 5-7 reps for each sets. Don't try to follow routine given by magazines, they are usually routine used by pros (who use steroid and recovers much faster than you can). Btw, Here's an exemple of my routine, http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=42dba3d388baafff3aca5c99bbd29d0f&threadid=1571 , just to guide you a little.

One last thing, forget your fear of becoming 'too big'. This is simply not gonna happen (especially if you stick to natural training). I've never heard of anybody saying to himself "Shoot, now I am too big". No offense, but it is just a lame excuse people have made for being skinny.

ok, thanks a lot for the help, since i'm not living on my own and am only 16 easting 6 meals a day will be REALLY hard to do but i think i can manage something.

Can anyone tell me why deadlifts are so important to everyone? i mean i was always told not to lift with my waist but that looks exactly what you are doing when you do a dead lift? anyone tell me whats up with that?

Deadlifts are a productive exercise(for most people), because they stimulate a large amount of the body's musculature(hips,thighs,lower and upper back) and it is a functional lift.That is, a lift that carries over to day to day activities.The key in performing a deadlift correctly and safely is to begin the lift with the legs and not the back.Initially, the back muscles are used for stabilization while the legs initiate the movement.Think of pushing through the floor with the legs.Once the bar passes the knees and your hips start to shoot through, that is when the back muscles really begin to take over.Also, remember to keep the bar in close proximity to the body at all times which will decrease the risk of injury.

------------------
matt toupalik

IML Gear Cream!
It's a dangerous movement if the spine is not in a natural posture. Always make sure your spine is not curved and look up while performing the movement.

<font size="1">[This message has been edited by Sinep (edited 05-19-2001).]</font>

Warm up completely, doing the exercise with no weight, then the bar. Perform this dead slow until your body gets the rhythm of the moments. Then start adding weight perform at normal speed.

<font size="1">[This message has been edited by Eric Draven (edited 05-20-2001).]</font>

Back