• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Off-week diet and specific carb cycling Qs

Premo55

Mic Murderer
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, so I'm starting to feel very burnt-out after my bulking cycle, and am gonna continue until the end of this week. Next week I'm gonna de-load my weights (going 2 reps short of failure, lowered weights and volume to recover), and then I'll take a week off completely. For anybody who's done similar things, how should I eat during:
- the de-loading phase
- the off week

Also, what activity level do you recommend I maintain during the off week? I'm an endo-meso.

And as I get ready to cut for the summer, let me get all the facts right:
- Low-No-High cycle?
- 1g of protein per pound, but no real limit
- 1g of carb per pound on low day, >30 on no day, as many as desired on high day, or until satiated
- small piece of fruit with each carb meal on low day and high day to refill liver glycogen and enhance sense of satiety
- eat the fruit, veggies and protein before gouging on carbs on high day
- at least 20 fish oil caps a day

More questions:
- What fat quota should I meet on a daily basis? Presently 3 of my 6 meals consist of protein+fat: 45g protein and 20g fat. My daily fat intake is around 70g. How high should fat intake be on say, a no day, when calorie deficit is to be achieved?

- So the diet works by manipulating carb intake, and affects leptin by underfeeding and overfeeding on carbs, as opposed to calories in general? I see that overall cals don't even seem to be a concern with this diet, only carbohydrates are, which is a cool concept. Does this mean I no longer have to log calories?

- If I go on a carb cycling diet for 10 weeks and eat the same throughout these 10 weeks maintaining the same cycle, will leptin be active enough to keep me losing fat? What kind of tweaks have people used to get past any kinds of plateaus?

- And have any of y'all gained LBM during a carb cycling diet?

Sorry for the long list of questions, just trying to figure it all out. Thanks everyone!

Peace.

Originally posted by Premo55
Okay, so I'm starting to feel very burnt-out after my bulking cycle, and am gonna continue until the end of this week. Next week I'm gonna de-load my weights (going 2 reps short of failure, lowered weights and volume to recover), and then I'll take a week off completely. For anybody who's done similar things, how should I eat during:
- the de-loading phase
I would maintain a regular cycle High, Low, No
- the off week
Here I would do High, No, Low, No

Also, what activity level do you recommend I maintain during the off week? I'm an endo-meso.

Cardio? - I'm not one to normally recommend that but if you want some activity then I wouldn't do much more than cardio. Personally, I would take the whole week off - IOW - Don't step foot in the gym ;)

And as I get ready to cut for the summer, let me get all the facts right:
- Low-No-High cycle?
Yup that would be it.
- 1g of protein per pound, but no real limit
Min. 1G protein - for you I would suggest 1.5G
- 1g of carb per pound on low day, >
Yes
30 on no day,
Nope - its ZERO carbs - only what you get from veggies which we don't bother counting anyway
as many as desired on high day, or until satiated
Correct
- small piece of fruit with each carb meal on low day and high day to refill liver glycogen and enhance sense of satiety
You got it
- eat the fruit, veggies and protein before gouging on carbs on high day
For sure - eating the fruit first helps provide satiety faster

- at least 20 fish oil caps a day
If your an endo meso you should be getting 6-10G EPA/DHA a day. So depending on your fish caps % would depend on the number of caps you would need

More questions:
- What fat quota should I meet on a daily basis? Presently 3 of my 6 meals consist of protein+fat: 45g protein and 20g fat. My daily fat intake is around 70g. How high should fat intake be on say, a no day, when calorie deficit is to be achieved?
Ok, here is how the fat goes. 2 meals need to contain fatty proteins - ie. Beef, eggs, Salmon etc. If you don't get 2 meals with high fat proteins then you need to include 1T. Flax oil in one of your meals. The rest of the fat comes from your lean proteins, fish oil and carbs. No other additional fat is needed

- So the diet works by manipulating carb intake, and affects leptin by underfeeding and overfeeding on carbs, as opposed to calories in general? I see that overall cals don't even seem to be a concern with this diet, only carbohydrates are, which is a cool concept. Does this mean I no longer have to log calories?

I don't bother counting cals unless I'm curious. It is cool and it works great when done properly

- If I go on a carb cycling diet for 10 weeks and eat the same throughout these 10 weeks maintaining the same cycle, will leptin be active enough to keep me losing fat?
Yes, that is the beauty of this plan. No tweaks are needed UNLESS your at a serious standstill in fat loss. Notice I said fat loss and not scale weight loss ;) Huge difference which many people don't seem to understand
What kind of tweaks have people used to get past any kinds of plateaus?
Manipulating the days. Doing more Low or No days. Really it is unnecessary to tweak. I only tweaked once during my cut.

- And have any of y'all gained LBM during a carb cycling diet?

Yup, 3-4lbs while I was getting ready for my comp

Sorry for the long list of questions, just trying to figure it all out. Thanks everyone!

Anytime :D

Peace.

Thanks a lot Jodi, you're always a great help. I guess this is definitely the plan I'll be using this cutting phase, then. I used the old school Beverly W8/DP diet plan the last time with carb-ups, and it worked, but I encountered a lot of plateaus which were easily overcome by tweaks, but this diet seems MUCH easier to follow and less punishing.

Also, I'm not starting carb cycling until the cut. My present diet protocol is:

WORKOUT DAYS
3 carb+ protein meals (50g protein, 60g carb, 4g fat)

3 protein+fat meals (45g protein, 20g fat)

Which works out to 285g protein, 180g carb, 72g fat (2608 calories)

NON-WORKOUT DAYS
2 protein+carb meals (50g protein, 60g carb,5g fat)
4 protein+fat meals (45g protein, 20g fat)
Totals: 280g protein, 120g carb, 90g fat (2230 calories)

Any ideas on how I should eat during the de-loading phase and off week? Should I just eat the same?

Peace.

Your welcome - I'm glad I could help.

As far as your de-loading phase, why not just eat the way you have been and just cut the cals down a bit?

Then on the off week, I'd cut your cals to at least maintenance level.

After your off day, is that when you plan on cutting?

Back