• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...

Like or Dislike Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

• Liked it

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Disliked it

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

HoldDaMayo

Just call me Mayo
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I need people to back me up... I'm looking for a few select members that will back me up in saying this movie was excellent...

So, vote, liked it, disliked it... and if you feel like making a few comments, go for it...

You're saying I suck? no no no... you suck, and you even enjoy it... :yes: :banana: :love:

complaining? more like begging for more :D

I thought it was good. I liked it. :)

IML Gear Cream!
I had higher expectations of it... I was expecting Jet Li and got Van Damme. :shrug:

Never seen it. So I voted dislike.

I'll go as far as to say that this is one of my all time favorites! I have the superbit DVD and watch it every month or two.

o well this is just an improved version of chinese kong fu movie.
For those who like such martial art movies, this is a good one.
I won't say this is excellent cos there r some crazy stuffs like clan affairs.
Obviously good fighting scenes that can match Hero.

I wont vote due to mixed response.

Drama = GOOD
Fighting scenes = HOKEY as hell

HERO with Jet Li was a much, much better movie IMO.

When I see someone take 4 steps up a wall, and then it escelates to flying (and you can see them trying to stay balanced on the branch while being suspended from cables) it just KILLS it.

It would have been much better if they didn't try to emulate a f#cking comic book, it was completely unrealistic. The fakery in the Jet Li movies is much much better IMO.

Oh all right then, I will vote DISLIKE based on the overall feel. If it were not for the stupid ass fighting scenes then it would have been great, the drama was good and I liked the story for some reason but the fighting just kills me. I have pushed it out of my head for that reason, but I remember the end being very emotional.

HERO = :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

i agree wit mudge on hero, i just didnt get this movie.

Hero is worth watching even with subtitles.

I fell asleep watchig it. Was to fake. Fighting scenes I did see were at night, so didn't get to really see much..
I give it a thumbs down.
My name is Burner, and I'll see you.....at the movies...
:D

IML Gear Cream!
I love cheesy kung-fu flicks, they remind me of my childhood watching the saturday afternoon Kung-fu matinee's on t.v. with my pop's. I liked.

I thought this move wasw awsome!

I prefer jackie chang myself. But I also think this movie may have been lost in translation (I speak mandarin) and alot of the dialogue did not get translated too well.

Ang Lee, like me, probably grew up with B Kung fu movies as a staple of our growing, teenage lives. He was paying homage to the extreme unreality of most of these movies (I remember one where two chinese guys fought off a horde of Japanese bad guys with blades, knives, etc. with just chopsticks...no kidding.) At the same time, despite their hokiness, the chinese are in love with martyrdom. Extreme sacrifices and tragedy still punctate most every older kung fu movie. Bruce Lee started to change that a little, and Jackie Chang threw off that yolk completely.

Ang Lee is very non-traditional Chinese in that he is broaches subjects that are distasteful to my native culture....homosexuality ( The Wedding) and feminism. I saw this movie as a way to showcase feminism in a very traditional setting of kung fu style backdrop......both women could hate, fight, sacrafice, and love with the best of men and both female protaganists saw life as more than getting married...that is a big, big no no. It showed the noble capabilities as well as perverse fallabilities of both men and women.

Keep in mind, as someone who has grown up with many Asian movies, this movie was astounding in that women kung fu fighters played such a central role, rather than a side kick for a main male protaganist. This is not a drastic concept for western movies, but this was the first movie of this type that actually succeeded in selling this concept to traditional Asians.

I actually disliked the movie the first time around. Then I saw it the second time around and loved it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by bandaidwoman
Ang Lee, like me, probably grew up with B Kung fu movies as a staple of our growing, teenage lives. He was paying homage to the extreme unreality of most of these movies (I remember one where two chinese guys fought off a horde of Japanese bad guys with blades, knives, etc. with just chopsticks...no kidding.)

It can be good if done well but I thought there were too many times in the movie when it was obviously fake/assisted. But being western I can handle only so much, jumping out of stadiums (flying if you will) was just way over the top.

Jet Li's stuff even when fakery is added just always looks and "feels" so much better. Sliding on the ground 30 feet from a kick and etc

that bamboo hoping Chinese girl was pretty cute

........love you long time...........

I haven't seen it since it came out so the details are kinda fuzzy. I liked it but didn't love it. I think you have to have seen a lot of that genre to get it. I agree with BandAidWoman about the central female role. I really liked that char and the actress who played it. Yeah the fight scenes are cheesey, they are supposed to be. It's supposed to be action-heroish, comic bookish.

Cheesy kung fu movies- try Kung Pow

Actually- don't try it, it's a horrible movie- but under the influence of a certain munchie inducing herb, it can be the greatest movie ever made-

Fade and I both loved it!!!

I liked it alot even though I got busted cheating on my girl, I took another girl I was seeing on the side to watch this film. Then my girl found out, not good. When its on TV, I change the channel quickly before she realizes what it is, I dont want to have that "talk" again.

Originally posted by Hanz29
Cheesy kung fu movies- try Kung Pow

Hated it the first time, have been liking it ever since. My roomate watches it about every 3rd day of the week (I'm not kidding). Its better watched with friends I guess.

Back