• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tom Venuto Article

greekblondechic

I'm special :)
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes..

a while back i read a tom venuto article about losing fat. ways to lose fat if u r stalling.. and it talked about morning cardio and it said do 30-45mins of cardio a day and u will get so ridiculously lean in 12 weeks ull wonder why u didnt think of this b4

i have searched and searched for this article with no luck.. and no i dont want a lecture about doin too much cardio!

thanks!

In BFFM he talks about cardio and burning fat. In a nutshell, Tom suggests starting out with like 30 min 5 times a week. If after a week or so you do not get the results you are looking for (loss of 1-2 lbs fat) then you step up the cardio duration, or the intensitey or the number of times you perform cardio. He does suggest not going over 60 minutes at a session as the fat burning benefits seem to deminish substantially after that.

I am trying to lose fat, but I am not in a hurry. I do cardio first thing in the morning (before I eat). I cardio 5 sometimes, 6 times a week, between 25 and 30 minutes. I do not count the times that I walk my dogs as it is more of a moderate walk (not that long and not that fast of pace). I was at 26% BF 4 weeks ago. I am down to 22% now.

hmph

i can only just last 15 mins if im lucky on cardio :(
im only 15 though.. but is that still bad??:confused:

yeah pretty "out of shape" thats how i was like 6 months ago but being younger you should find it easier to get in shape than someone lets say 40 and badly out of shape

but ive read alot about periods of much longer than 20 min start burning muscle...?

hmm ok

i was always taught if i was faced with a problem i should fix it, not cry about it..

so ne of u guys got ne ideas on how i can improve cardio?... by how much i should increase time and how offen i should increase it??:thumb:

yeh

i heard summmat like that, n also ne speed faster then 7 mph jog doesnt burn fat...

Originally posted by greekblondechic
not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes..

a while back i read a tom venuto article about losing fat. ways to lose fat if u r stalling.. and it talked about morning cardio and it said do 30-45mins of cardio a day and u will get so ridiculously lean in 12 weeks ull wonder why u didnt think of this b4

i have searched and searched for this article with no luck.. and no i dont want a lecture about doin too much cardio!

thanks!

was it this article: http://www.bodybuilding-fitness.net/index.php/content/view/5/

Re: hmph

Originally posted by W8lifterwanabie
i can only just last 15 mins if im lucky on cardio :(
im only 15 though.. but is that still bad??:confused:

What is your target heart rate that you are going for?

220-age is your maximum "safe" heart rate, normally your target heart rate is 65%-85% of your max, how far are you going?

133BPM = 65%
175BPM = 85%

lol man...

ive no idea.. i jsut wana burn fat and look good...:eek:

yeh sure...

i cant A afford it B im not allowed to buy online...:cry:

That wasn't the article I was looking for, but it was a damn good one that I haven't seen in quite a while and now it is bookmarked. TY Prince.

I wish the BFFM book was available in paper copy at bookstores :(

Hey Greeky,

I remember that article you're talking about too. It seems like it was sent in an e-newsletter or something. Tom Venuto definitely seems to be a supporter of more cardio for faster results. For instance, in BFFM he says:

"How would you like to learn a way to double your fat loss in the next seven days? It's really quite simple: To burn more fat you have to burn more calories. Most beginners start off with three days a week of cardio training. Usually they see good results initially because their bodies aren't accustomed to exercise and any increase in activity above no activity will always produce some results. More often than not, the results begin to slow down a bit within a few months of training. Then they scratch their heads and wonder why it's not working anymore. This is why: Because three days a week is for beginners, health, or maintenance. If you want twice as much fat loss and you want it twice as fast, double your cardio. Suppose you burn 400 calories per workout for three workouts per week. That's a total of 1200 calories per week burned. If you doubled that to six days per week at 400 calories per workout, you would burn 2400 calories. YOU JUST DOUBLED YOUR FAT LOSS EVERY WEEK! That was a real no-brainer, wasn't it? While we're on the subject of burning more calories, what would happen if, in addition to increasing your cardio from three to six days per week, you increased the
intensity so you were burning 600 calories per workout? With six workouts at 600 calories per workout you'd be up to 3600 calories per week???.
YOU JUST TRIPLED YOUR FAT LOSS!
Yes it's that simple."

FYI - I printed out BFFM at work (after hours ;) of course) and it easily filled a two-inch three ring binder! If you have an option to print it out and bind it, I highly recommend it. It makes it a lot easier to bookmark pages and reference them more quickly.

:thumb:

Back