• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why is bread bad ?

THEMYTH

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have noticed that the board frowns on eating bread. Why ? I am bulking now so am I still ok to eat it. What the hell else do you make a sandwich with ?

wheat

ok so what is bad about wheat ? I thought that was suppose to be good for ya

Originally posted by THEMYTH What the hell else do you make a sandwich with ?

no I answered your question, wheat is much better than just white bread

And if you are bulking you should be ok with wheat, unless you are keeping you macros and stuff, or on the atkins crap

I have a tuna sandmich a day on wheat

bread is highly processed and lagging in nutrients.

Originally posted by atherjen
bread is highly processed and lagging in nutrients.

So, the only thing against it is the fact that it doesn´t have nutrients?

Originally posted by Vieope
So, the only thing against it is the fact that it doesn´t have nutrients?

Processed grains are crap when compared to all natural sources of complex carbohydrates like oats, beans, lentils, etc...

Originally posted by LAM
Processed grains are crap when compared to all natural sources of complex carbohydrates like oats, beans, lentils, etc...

What if I ask "Why?".. :grin:

One of the reasons is because they are high GI. The higher the gi (such as bread) the more potential to store fat instead of using it for glycogen storage. They have very little nutritional value.

If your going to have any bread - Whole Grain (not ww) is the best. And make sure it has NO high fructose corn syrup as 99% of the "nutritous breads" out there have. :rolleyes:

What if I ask "Why?".. :grin:

processed carbohydrates are lacking in fiber and other nutrients. because of that they cause a greater increase in serum glucose and serum insulin levels. constantly elevated levels of both can cause a number of health problems...

I wouldn't go higher than 1 serving of processed grains a day. whole grain breads are OK but natural sources of complex carbs are far superior...

IML Gear Cream!
I read somewhere that if you add "flax seed oil" or other type of food the G.I gets lower .. does that mean the effects on my serum glucose&insulin levels will be lower too ? and the potential risk to turn into fat will be lower too ?

bread is yummy but goes to my :booty:

Are the ww pitas or lc ww tortillas as bad as the bread Jodi for fat storing instead of glycogen storage?

They are better but still not the best. Nothing will beat/replace oats, sweet potatoes and brown rice. :shrug: However we gotta live and so long as your not gorging on them all the time, the pita's and tortillas are fine on the occassion.

i find that if i eat bread i will eat less carbohydrate grams then i would if i ate rice or sweet potatoes

Anybody with an answer to my question above ?

yes...adding proteins and fats will decrease the glycemic load of the meal, but not neccesarily the insulin response.

right now i'm eating 2 tuna sandwiches a day... so 4 slices of whole wheat bread... it's the easiest way for me to get my protein... any other meal suggestions that won't result in my mom losing it on me for cooking up all the chicken breasts?

i eat egg whites and oat meal for breakfast, and generally through out the day (every 3.5 hours or so) i'll eat tuna and celery, tuna and an apple, dinner varies and a protein shake or low fat cottage cheese before bed while drinking only water of course...

ive noticed ive even added a bit of extra bf from eating more b.rice... time to buy some gluten free pasta.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by sentricyphen
ive noticed ive even added a bit of extra bf from eating more b.rice... time to buy some gluten free pasta.

rice is a gluten free grain ;)

yep, thats why i was using it.
but is alot more glycemic than the oats, which is why i got fat.
( i have to eat some 4500-5000 cals now to gain 1-2 lbs a week)
so a changeover in my carb sources really messed up my body composition :(

-still its a whole heckuva lot better than the "stomach related issues" heheh.

How can you generalize bread into "good" or "bad"?

INGREDIENTS:
Whole wheat flour, water, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% of less of: soybean oil, salt, molasses, yeast, mono and diglycerides, exthoxylated mono and diglycerides, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide), datem, calcium sulfate, vinegar, yeast nutrient (ammonium sulfate), extracts of malted barley and corn, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, calcium propionate (to retain freshness).

INGREDIENTS:
Organic kamut flour, salt, water, sourdough.

Both "bread". It's not like lining up even veggies and fruits into good and bad -- just read the frikkin' label and figure it out. If it fits into one's carb allotment and one is not sensitive/mildly allergic to any of the ingredients (e.g. wheat) then there should be no reason to ban bread.

What about Ezekiel bread? and Tortillas?

Ingredients:
Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Rye, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Oats, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Sprouted Corn, Organic Sprouted Brown Rice, Fresh Yeast, Lecithin (from soybean), Sea Salt. Certified Organic by QAI.

per slice= 80 Cals, .5F, 15C, 4P

Better Tortillas?

Ingredients:
*Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, *Organic Unhulled Sesame Seeds, *Organic Sprouted Soybeans, *Organic Sprouted Barley, *Organic Sprouted Millet, *Organic Sprouted Lentils, *Organic Sprouted Spelt, Sea Salt. *Organically grown and processed in accordance with the California organic foods act of 1990.

Ezekiel 4:9??? Sprouted Grain Tortillas are made from freshly sprouted Live grains and contain absolutely no flour! They are are inspired by the Holy Scripture verse: "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and Beans, and Lentils, and Millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it" Ezekiel 4:9. The unique blend of freshly sprouted grains, beans and seeds provides superior nutrition and a complete protein that is 84.3% as efficient as the highest recognized source of protein (casein). No milk, baking powder, yeast, artificial colors or flavors are used. See the difference fresh sprouts really make and partake of the miracle. Your body and tastebuds will know the difference

i read some where brown rice is only lower by 3 on the glycemic index than white rice... if this is true what are the benifits of brown rice

Originally posted by kvyd
i read some where brown rice is only lower by 3 on the glycemic index than white rice... if this is true what are the benifits of brown rice

more good fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. they are all in the husk.

white rice is mostly all starches since the husk has been removed during processing...

but then this leads to many other debates....im taking multis,fish oils,and getting plenty of fiber...so what benefits does it have other than just extra nutrients.....not saying im going to start eating white rice...just dont understand the big deal plz explaqin

it has been explained.

eating white rice isn't much better than eating dextrose. all you are getting out of it is carbs (starches)...

Back