• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Scientific renowned journals

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
It is very hard to trust studies since some of them are performed by the government or industries.
I think I need a list of scientific renowned journals ( peer reviewed) ... anyone has that list ?

Thanks, I think that might help. I found other links about some universities journals. There is a lot of research going on. I need to talk to these people.
Hey Monolith, they need people for experiments. :)

Trick is most of these things are found in JOURNALS as articles. You'll need to go to a local university to access them.

The other alternative is PubMed as listed on that site...trouble with that database of journals is that you won't be able to access most of the articles (abstracts only) since you need to pay a fee and subscribe to them.

University campuses have EXCELLENT database access to hundreds of journals. That's where you NEED to go for SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE DATA.

Originally posted by Vieope
Hey Monolith, they need people for experiments. :)

Check out the journal forum, im already experimenting on myself. :lol:

Fit Freak Good idea. I didn´t think of it because I know that some universities here don´t have access to the latest research. I will ask for a friend in USA/Canada to scan some for me.
Hello friend :)

Monolith I will :D You are doing TP, am I correct ?

Nah, im not doing TP's training program... im evaluating Avant's Leptigen: Rebirth and Sesathin. Not to mention all the other weird chemicals i've been ingesting over the past few months... :eek:

Not all the journals on pubmed are good ones. A lot of the lower quality journals are on there. Even with peer reviewed journals it depends on the qualifications of the reviewers, how many there are, what standards are used, etc. I haven't yet found a good list that rates journals based on these properties, probably because a large degree of it is a matter of opinion. However after you research for a while you can get an idea about the quality and type of research most journals tend to have as long as you evaluate everything you look at critically.

OK...I just went to the Library's homepage for my school (Dalhousie University) and looked for journlas under "HEALTH & HUMAN PERFORMANCE"...here is a few (but as I said you'll have to go to a university to access them):

Biomechanics of Human Gait (Human Kinetics)
CBCA (Canadian Business & Current Affairs)
CBCA Full-Text Business
ERIC
Leisure Information Network
NIOSHTIC (National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety)
PAIS International
PsycINFO
Pubmed (Medline)
Sociological Abstracts
SportDiscus

Others:

American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
Anabolic Steroid Abuse (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
Ergonomics and Biomechanics (links from Ohio State University)
ErgoWeb
Exercise, Fitness & Sports Medicine (University of Pittsburgh)
Health Care Information Resources (Health Sciences Library, McMaster University)
Health Promotion Online (Health Canada)
International Society of Biomechanics
Kinesiology Forum (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
Nutrition (Kellogg Health Sciences Library, Dalhousie University)

Other Reputable Sources (as per library recomendations):

Canadian Sport
Canadian Sport Centre, Calgary
Coalition for Active Living in Canada (Health Canada)
Dance Links
Gender Equity In Sports (University of Iowa)
Leisure Information Network
Leisure Studies WebPage (Griffith University, Australia)
Olympics (International Olympic Committee)
Physical Education and Recreation Related Links (University of Alberta)
Surgeon General's Report on Physical Activity and Health
Sport Management Info Centre@UNB (University of New Brunswick)
SPORTQuest
Sportscience (Royal Society of New Zealand)
WWW Women's Sports Page (Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and PhysicalActivity)

You have to search each database for the topic(s) you're looking for.

Other key MEDICAL JOURNALS include:

Bioethics
Cancer
CINAHL
Cochrane Library
Drug Databases
Harrison's Online
MDConsult
PsycINFO
PubMed (Medline)
PubMed for PDA's
SportDiscus
Web of Science
Evidence-Based Health

This should keep you busy for a few YEARS:)

Happy researching!

That will keep me happy for a long time :)
If it is not to ask for too much, do you remember the title of your introductory book in biochemistry ?

IML Gear Cream!
Well...it was written specifically for my class since it's a course in Biochemistry tailored for health science students so it has a clinical focus:

Biochemistry: An Introduction with Clinical Correlations

By: C.W. Helleiner (2004)

This book was written by my course professor....check any university bookstore and you can find an Intro Biochem textbook...it'll run you a good $100 for sure:(

If all you want is reference material search around for something used since you don't need the most up to date edition.

I think that you don´t know that here everything in dollars is really expensive :) Next time I go to USA I will stop by at an university.

Hey Monolith, this seems to be a very good, standard, introductory book. I will get one for me. Thanks :)

Back