• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Some advice on working out

blackcr125

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, heres all about me.

- 16 years old
- 5'6'' or 5'7'' 124 lbs
- currently only doing dumbell curls
- 25 lbs right, 5 sets of 15 reps
- 15 lbs left, 5 sets of 15 reps

(the reason I do less is because my right arm is much stronger)

I want to start working out my arms, (bi,del,tri,forearm), legs, abs and chest. I don't have access to a gym right now. All the equiptment I have is a benching bar, dumbells, plate weights and a total gym 1000. I was wondering what workouts I could do to build muscle. What should I do in eating terms to prepare to build muscle. I have 2 pounds of creatine, but should I be taking it and how much? Do push ups and pull ups build muscle or do they help more with endurance? I also have a VERY bad pain in my left shoulder when pushing the bar up while benching, anyone know what this could be?

I would first go get that shoulder checked out...

My best advice is to start searching this forum for other threads that are similar to yours. I'm not trying to avoid your question, it's just that it's already been answered a few hundred times. I will give you a brief re-cap though.

#1 Take the creatine and store it for a few years. Spend your money on FOOD. You need high quality protein and tons of it. No workout scheme on the planet is going to make you big if you don't eat right. If you want to spend money buy some high quality protein supplement and add it to your diet. Let me re-emphasize ADD it to your diet, it's not a replacement for real food.

#2 Take the curls and throw them out the window. Yeah, they seem cool but they'll just keep you small. Concentrate on "compound" movements. A compound movement is one where more than one joint moves at a time. For instance, bent over rows move your shoulders and your elbows at the same time, they're GREAT.

#3 Sticking to the "compound" theme, do squats, deadlifts, pressing movements and rowing movements. Stick to the basics and you'll get bigger

#4 You're only 16. Sorry to break this to you but most of the really big guys on this board have been lifting for 10+ years. Weight lifting is a lifestyle, it's not a race. Take pictures of yourself and then again in a year and see if you can see a difference. Don't get discouraged if you're not buying larger shirts every other month. IT TAKES TIME!!! :thumb:

I don't want to get huge or anything I just want to get bigger then I am now. Get kinda cut but not like gym every day.

Back