• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Asthma

Subliminal

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well this might not pertain to the whole bodybuilding thing but I've got a situation. Well I started getting asthma when I was young, around 10. I still have it at age 17 but its not nearly as bad. Some years I dont even need a pump and others I may need it more than 3 times a week. Now my friend( who runs track) has asthma and says its pretty much gone away since he started track. Lifting doesn't really provoke my asthma at all but I usually have to take my pump before a football game. This doesn't bother me too much except for the fact that I plan on possibly joining the marines. My friend told me this would be a great factor and I should do some running to try to build my lungs up. I've noticed alot of people on this board know tons about health and was wondering if anyone had any recomendations on what to do? Would be a great help, thanks in advance.

Yea... I know...... I just really wanna get in and my older brother had asthma but outgrew it... is it possible to slighten my asthma from running/training etc..? My friend joe said he just stopped taking his medicine and just started running...I dont think that sounds too smart so I didn't do it.

absolutely, if you have exercise induced asthma. Doing both aerobic and anaerobic will make a difference.

Also, Im currently on a routine. Will all that other exercise stunt my muscle growth or anything? Im sorry for the stupid questions but I don't know much about this. If I have to change some things in benefit for asthma reduction than I will.

You really need to talk to your Doctor. Depending on the severity of your asthma he might suggest a steroid inhaler or something else. Medicinal options for asthma have improved greatly and there are lots of new products out there.

As far as stunting your muscle growth at 17, most likely not.

Hey Subliminal,

First I would definitely recommend consulting your doctor to see if they suggest any limitations on your fitness routine before you go crazy with training. Once you get the green light though, I highly recommend incorporating regular lifting and cardiovascular exercise. I've had asthma since I was 2 years old and can definitely tell that I have a lot less trouble when I concentrate on working out regularly. You definitely might have some flare-ups if just starting but take your time and you'll get to where you can handle a lot more! That was my experience anyways. Hope this helps buddy. Take care. :thumb:

Back