• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Whats this lift called?

Slim Jim

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, gals. Just wondering if someone can help me with the name of particular lift.
I think its called Clean and press, basically pick the barbell off the floor like a dead, continue up to the start point of a military press then press it up. The only pause being at the bottom of the military press. Then back down to the floor and repeat.

So am I right about the name? Clean and press?

Thanks P, I guess I'm doing a variation of it cause I'm not moving my legs like the video is on the press up.

Originally posted by Slim Jim
Thanks P, I guess I'm doing a variation of it cause I'm not moving my legs like the video is on the press up.

Why are you doing Olympic lifts anyway?

I'm training for my new career!! lol, I wish.

Its a cool looking move, I can't do alot of weight right now for deads cause I hurt my back and I hate doing seated shoulder press so I thought I'd give this a try.

You don't think they're any good for building muscle?

We always called them Power Cleans. That was without the little curtsie that dudes doin at the end there. Wears you da fok out.
Hi.

Re: .

Originally posted by Sumyun
Wears you da fok out.
Hi.

Boy I'll say they do!!! Think thats why I like doing them so much.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Slim Jim
You don't think they're any good for building muscle?
They're not BAD, but like W8 said, they're better for building strength. The difference is velocity. Olympic lifts rely heavily on generating speed with the weight. Body building movements are most effective when done very slowly. Time Under Tension (TUT) is a major factor in successful body building lifts. The olympic lifts just don't have enough TUT to be effective at making significantly larger muscles. Stronger? Yes, but not that much larger.

Back