PDA

View Full Version : eating at work

rockcrest
04-22-2004, 09:55 AM
usually i pack a good lunch but today for a number of reasons (woke up late, need to go shopping, etc) i am without my solid foods that normally get my protein from.

for breakfast i did a MRP shake 40-p 20-c 0-f, banana, flax oil pill

right now i am doing 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of skim/rest water, spinach, and a sweet potato all in the blender...kidding, each served seperately.

i guess what i am asking is if it is alright to get through a day with the majority of your protein via a powder? I have plenty of of sweet potaoes, brown rice, and greens along with my whey, but no chicken, tuna, ground beef or turkey like usual.

i don't usually leave the building during lunch but if i can sneak out would it be better to go pick up some grilled chicken?

thanks y'all!

p.s. >>>>bulking

Jodi
04-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Protein shakes are a supplement, not real food. Nothing replaces real food. You should try to keep it to 2 shakes per day IMO!

LAM
04-22-2004, 12:58 PM
nothing wrong with using protein supplements as a staple for protein. NASA has spent millions doing research on that. the only thing that using whey protein supplements will do is short change you on the various amino acid profiles provided by the various whole food protein choices.

Akateros
04-22-2004, 01:24 PM
NASA or no NASA, real food's probably better in the long run. However, it's one day. It's not gonna kill you. Drink up.

Paynne
04-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I always keep some beef jerky in my desk, it lasts forever. Yeah I know the sodium's high but it's good for days when I didn't pack enough food.

sentricyphen
04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
you can make your own protein bars, that way you can get exact measurements.

other ideas- i like making my own sf oatmeal cookies , for the carbs, can always use hard boiled eggs for protein, throw out the yolks if you want. as for fats, well, your pretty much stuck with carrying around a containter of oil, unless your not opposed to eating PB not stop.

zakk
04-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Akateros
However, it's one day. It's not gonna kill you. Drink up.

rockcrest
04-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Jodi
You should try to keep it to 2 shakes per day IMO!

i get 2 shakes with my pre & post but sometimes i will drink some meal replacement shakes too. i always eat at least 3 real food meals a day, but usually four. its just that i was running late today and was in a jam for lunch. i ended up sneaking out and getting some grilled chicken anyway :lick: thankz for the replies though. :thumb: