• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Eli Manning...

Dale Mabry

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you all think of him refusing the Chargers picking him at no. 1?

This is the kind of BULL SHIT that has professional sports as fucked up as they are. I COMPLETELY disagree with it and thought Archie was a bigger person than this. It's a sad, sad situation. :no:

I think the need to draft him and make him sit out a year!

Look at us all agreeing. :D

I sincerely hope they do draft him and sit his ass down, the who would want him? What is the point in having the lottery the way it is if the players can just refuse who they want to play for? So say Green bay wins this year and Favre retires. Whats from keeping next years #1 QB from not wanting to play for any time but GB?

Originally posted by dg806
I think the need to draft him and make him sit out a year!

Exactly! You want to play in the NFL, you don't dictate the choices. I just wish the owners would say you don't like the rules then you don't play our game

Reminds me of Eric Lindros and the Quebec Nordiques. I think he sat out a few seasons for that. But then again who would want to play in Quebec :lol:

Originally posted by IainDaniel
Reminds me of Eric Lindros and the Quebec Nordiques. I think he sat out a few seasons for that. But then again who would want to play in Quebec :lol:

Nope, they caved and the little puck got his way. Being the Flyers fan that I am I've developed an rather UNhealthy hate for that piece of shit. :fire:

Originally posted by IainDaniel
Exactly! You want to play in the NFL, you don't dictate the choices. I just wish the owners would say you don't like the rules then you don't play our game

I totally agree. What a fuckstick. He should be banned from playing in the NFL. Maybe send him to arena football or someshit.

yes! arena football would be even better than benching him. good idea. :D

question though....if he refuses them is he allowed to play anywhere else? seriously.

have him be drafted by the Colts so he can compete against his brother for the starting quarterback position

manning is a bitch, i want my chargers to draft him and make him sit out another year, but that would also make our team suck even more then they already do, it seems that no matter what the chargers do it will be the wrong thing, they always mess everything up.
and as for manning prove your worth after a couple years, then you can decide which team you want to play for, i hope we trade him to new york so he can bomb bigtime in new york, those yankees will sure show him a lot of patience up there wouldn't they.

He is a wanna be Elway.

Exactly. I vividly remember this very same argument back in the pre-internet days of the year of the QB. Elway made it clear that he wouldn't play for the Colts, but they drafted him anyway. He refused and threatened to play baseball instead (he was drafted by the Yankees). Eventually the Colts traded him to Denver.

I suspect the Chargers will take Manning, then trade him. Archie must figure since he suffered all of those losing years with the Saints, he doesn't want his son to have a similar experience.

I'd love to see him end up as a Dallas Cowboy!

Last edited:
the colts sucked hardcore too when peyton was selected by them and they played on astroturf too so they didn't have much goin for em back then too, and now they are a top team, it must be just a slap in the face of chargers management that he came out and said that to them

giants suck, padres rule, chargers suck but i cheer for em anyway

IML Gear Cream!
looks like chargers made a decent move for the first time ever

FUCK ELI MANNING.

I hope he breaks his leg.

Alli can say is that Eli Manning is a perfect example of how messed up the NFL has become. Hes a joke.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
FUCK ELI MANNING.

I hope he breaks his leg.
Yeah I hope he is a big bust!

Eli Manning, the next Ryan Leaf? :D

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
What do you all think of him refusing the Chargers picking him at no. 1?

He's a bitch, to put it in nice terms. Honestly, people would kill to be the first pick in the NFL draft and to have that kind of wealth. To be picky about it is insane. Peyton came to Indianapolis when they were pretty bad. And after the 3-13 season, he was able to turn the team into a contender. Eli, won't be as good as Peyton IMO.

I kind of alluded to this in my first post but now I'm just gonna come out and say it; I don't think this is Eli's doing. I think this is his dad Archie's doing. Eli's just being used as a tool for the family to make more $$$ and us fans are the ones forking over the dough. Oh hell yes, I think this stinks to high hell, but I'm not gonna put it all on Eli. :shrug:

I wonder if Eli felt kind of stupid on draft day as he was quibbling about which team he went to after they finished honoring Pat Tillman right before he got picked by SD.

Originally posted by austinite
I wonder if Eli felt kind of stupid on draft day as he was quibbling about which team he went to after they finished honoring Pat Tillman right before he got picked by SD.

Good catch, I didn't even think about that. He sure SHOULD have felt like an ass. :rolleyes:

Back