• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What is your all time favorite exercise???

What are your fav bodyparts and the exercis you use???

• the squats... I just love limping afterwards

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • The bench press... I love it when my pecs are pumped up

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • deadlifts.... makes me feel like a new man everytime

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • t bar row/ any back exercise... I like training what i don't see

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • lat pull ups... the wings give me confidence

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Shoulder... the presses create the illusion that I am wide

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • the arms... those curls and presses just make me so confident in my poses

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Abs... I can go on doing crunches all day

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • The calves... I am in no way allowing this body part to be left behind

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • traps... Overtraining is my forte

Votes: 13 12.9%

• Total voters

oliver10_28_2k

grungeboy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well It can be the squat, bench, dips, deadlift, the curl, the press, something for the lower back(unlikely), lat exercises, abs???

I voted traps. Mine seem to grow rather easily, and are very strong.

SQUATS........NO! DEADS, YES DEADS.........NO DAMMIT, CALVES! OMG i'm so nervous:gosh:

I love squats cuz i love the near-death experience. I love deads cuz i feel so powerful. i absolutely LOVE when my calves feel like cannonballs.

I guess i'll go with tbar rows. i feel like a MAN when my entire back is swollen, cuz when doing back, bi's and shoulders also get pumped haha. i wish i always felt like that.

deads and incline dumbells

hahaha you could vote all if you want... Its a personal preference anyway.....=)

i haven't voted yet but military press with DB's and incline DB press are probably my 2 favs... a good back work out is always a good feeling too ;)

squats and standing overhead barbell press

Weighted pull ups for me. I just love the feeling in my back and bi's afterwards. :rocker:

Deadlifts. I love deadlifts, both classic and SL.

I would've said squats. When my knee's in form, there's nothing like a killer all-squat leg workout. Squats slow, squats slower, squats with more weight, finished with many, many squats at less weight... but if my knee is bitching, of course, nothing sucks more.

I like the classic powerlifter lifts: bench press, deadlifts, and full squats. I like military press too, but not quite as much as the others. I like them all really!

One of my new favorites is one-legged squats AKA bulgarian squats.

I love workin' shoulders... squats are pretty nuts too!

I love training the chest and the arms... WHo doesn't??? Especially the part when your chest feels numb and your almost about to give up with the last two sets but then you put your all out effort in blasting those pecs... damn... Yah flyes are good, i'm sure everybody has their own unique facial expression when they do a little stretching with some heavy flyes...

I'm voting for BENCH PRESS. While I like many others this is my favorite...for now anyway:)

ok, I suck.... cant vote or pick JUST one...
tie between DEADS, SQUATS and STANDING BB PRESS! :lifter:

Originally posted by P-funk
squats and standing overhead barbell press

P-Funk I have a question about those because I love that exercise also....
Do you look up, or keep your head straight?
At peak, do you have the bar directly over your head, or forward of your head?
And Last do you bring the bar all the way back down to the ground for every rep?

Deadlifts. :D

Next would be rows.

IML Gear Cream!
Bent over supinated grip rows or SLDL. Squats are becoming fun.

Originally posted by DEF Bungis
P-Funk I have a question about those because I love that exercise also....
Do you look up, or keep your head straight?
At peak, do you have the bar directly over your head, or forward of your head?
And Last do you bring the bar all the way back down to the ground for every rep?

I look directly forward the entire time I am doing an overhead press. Looking up makes you lean back to much. As the bar travels just past my eyes, I pop start to push the bar over head and pop my upperbody through so that the bar is now directly overhead, so that the bar is splitting my head down the center. Leaving it out in front of you doesn't allow as much control over the bar as it is not over your center of gravity and can put a lot of strain on the shoulder joint because of this (because you are trying to stabalize weight out in front of you). Bring the bar back to the ground?? If I am doing power cleans then yes I drop all the way back to the ground. If i am doing lock knee overhead presses I bring the bar all the way down under my chin so that it touches the top of my anterior delts andI pause holding the bar in the rack position like that (the end position of a clean where you are creating a shelf out of your anterior delts that the bar rests on). Then without using my hips (this is not a push press) I push the weight back up to lockout over head.

I haven't even done a standing military in so long, I've been doing clean and jerks and push presses for my shoulders.

My favourite exercise is the dead by far, stiff-legs, conventional, Romanian, Sumo, snatch grip, I love them all.

I like the snatch too, the front squat, and the clean and jerk. There's something special about the snatch and getting a weight overhead.

Peace.

Originally posted by P-funk
I look directly forward the entire time I am doing an overhead press. Looking up makes you lean back to much. As the bar travels just past my eyes, I pop start to push the bar over head and pop my upperbody through so that the bar is now directly overhead, so that the bar is splitting my head down the center. Leaving it out in front of you doesn't allow as much control over the bar as it is not over your center of gravity and can put a lot of strain on the shoulder joint because of this (because you are trying to stabalize weight out in front of you). Bring the bar back to the ground?? If I am doing power cleans then yes I drop all the way back to the ground. If i am doing lock knee overhead presses I bring the bar all the way down under my chin so that it touches the top of my anterior delts andI pause holding the bar in the rack position like that (the end position of a clean where you are creating a shelf out of your anterior delts that the bar rests on). Then without using my hips (this is not a push press) I push the weight back up to lockout over head.

Then I need to adjust my form cause I have been looking up and not bringing the bar directly over my head. (Mainly so I can push more weight)
Although I am getting some decent results from my current form, i've never really been sure on how to properly do an overhead press. And I do have shoulder discomfort on occasions.
I'll drop the weight a litttle and check it out.

DEF

Originally posted by Premo55
I haven't even done a standing military in so long, I've been doing clean and jerks and push presses for my shoulders.

My favourite exercise is the dead by far, stiff-legs, conventional, Romanian, Sumo, snatch grip, I love them all.

I like the snatch too, the front squat, and the clean and jerk. There's something special about the snatch and getting a weight overhead.

Peace.

OK, so what is the difference between push press, and standing overhead press? Is the push press a machine?

Deadlifts are king. I love the way people look at my like I'm crazy when I stack on 4 plates on either side of a bar. When you lift it, and feel your back straining in every imaginable area, its a freggin great experience.

Originally posted by DEF Bungis
OK, so what is the difference between push press, and standing overhead press? Is the push press a machine?

when you pushpress you use your legs to pop the weight up from the botton, overhead presses use no help from legs or anything, its standing with your knee straight and pressing overhead.

regular overhead presses

Last edited:
Originally posted by Yanick
when you pushpress you use your legs to pop the weight up from the botton, overhead presses use no help from legs or anything, its standing with your knee straight and pressing overhead.

regular overhead presses

ALso, push presses you aren't pushing with your shoulders. You are using your hips to move the weight and relying on you shoulders to decelerate and make the catch over head. If the bar gets half way you need to pop under neath it to make that catch because the weight you are push pressing will be to heavy for you to just push over head.

I said traps as well....love that burn.
Mine seem to grow pretty well too :shrug:

Originally posted by PreMier
I voted traps. Mine seem to grow rather easily, and are very strong.

Last edited:
Back