• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Myostatin inhibiton

mikey_7777

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone know if this drug is effective?
Anyone use it?

I haven't seen evidence it works in humans unless physically working with the genes directly, and I've only seen that done on mice, not humans.

I have some pictures and maybe brief study notes, there are a couple sites on the net with information on it.

I dont know how or where anyone would get the drug(s) without a research license, I've only seen the supplement stuff.

Originally posted by mikey_7777
Does anyone know if this drug is effective?
Anyone use it?

there are no effective myostatin inhibitors on the market.

all of the testing done has been performed on animals that have the protein gene myostatin manipulated since the embryo stage. it also has greatly reduced the lifespan of those same test subjects..

Thats no good. I have seen some stuff on how heart rate and caloric intake is believed to be linked to lifespan.

The giant tortoise has a resting heart rate of around 30 beats per minute, and lives to around 200 years.

They also showed one scientist who is experimenting on himself with I believe a 1500 calorie per day diet, overall he was quite healthy other than bone density. He is hoping to extend his lifespan on this "starvation diet." I think he was 6 foot and around 130 pounds, somewhat of a walking skeleton.

They also showed some mice, one on a caloric restriction and one who had their appetite stimulated so that they became overweight. The thin mouse lived 190% as long.

I tried Biotest's Myostat CSP last year - and let me tell you - SAVE YOUR MONEY! It's definitely not worth it. I did not notice any changes at all! The only change that I noticed was that the crap would make my eyelid spasm - no joke. I called the company, and the gentleman told me that he had never heard of anything like that before. Once I stopped taking it, my eyelid went back to normal.

SO SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Originally posted by mousie
I tried Biotest's Myostat CSP last year - and let me tell you - SAVE YOUR MONEY! It's definitely not worth it. I did not notice any changes at all! The only change that I noticed was that the crap would make my eyelid spasm - no joke. I called the company, and the gentleman told me that he had never heard of anything like that before. Once I stopped taking it, my eyelid went back to normal.

SO SAVE YOUR MONEY.

you should have checked up on it before you bought that crap. there is absolutely no medical study behind that supplement and for that fact most of the crap from Biotest. 90% of their supplement line is nothing but hype...

i hope someday there is one or two. I did a pretty good sized report in college on this for an animal science class, It is amazing. I recommend you check out some blue belguim and pedmontese cattle. Absolultely amazing creatures

any supplement that claims in any way to manipulate the
myostatin gene is 100% bogus...

if and when a compound comes about (probably decades away at this point) which can manipulate the myostatin gene it will not be OTC...

There are only so many supplements I will use if they shorten my lifespan significantly, fuck that.

IML Gear Cream!
Mudge, could you throw up those pics of the super mice? I cant find them anywhere(i know theyre posted here somewhere...). Or look in your attachments and give me a link? Thanks.

Mudge said:
They also showed one scientist who is experimenting on himself with I believe a 1500 calorie per day diet, overall he was quite healthy other than bone density. He is hoping to extend his lifespan on this "starvation diet." I think he was 6 foot and around 130 pounds, somewhat of a walking skeleton.
They had a long discussion about him on the radio one morning. Seems as if he is doing more harm to his body than good. Bad idea IMO

I agree with trying to live as long as possible, after all we only live once.

But there is a balance that must be achieved between lifespan and quality of life. By eating 1500 calories a day your activities have to be limited, as well as your enjoyment of life. So I rather live 10 years less than Dr.Skeleton, but overall my life will surely be more rewarding and fulfilling.

dg806 said:
They had a long discussion about him on the radio one morning. Seems as if he is doing more harm to his body than good. Bad idea IMO
English guy? I would not doubt him to be the only one.

I've seen shit like that go for 10$ at GNC. Because they were stopped carrying the product.

Myostatin inhibitors dont work, the above mice had the gene removed. You will also note their life span was reduced by about 50%.

Mudge said:
English guy? I would not doubt him to be the only one.
I don't remember.............but the guy had test levels lower than most women and his wife did not even find him attractive anymore he was such skin and bones. He no longer gets an erection because of his test levels. So why is it worth it?

IML Gear Cream!
I dont know that this other guy was married or not, that wasn't covered. Since he was on a mostly vegan diet though I would not doubt him having issues with testosterone, attractive he was NOT, he was I think around 6 foot 130 pounds and his head looked litterally like skin draped over a skull, there is just no fat anywhere on the guy. I knew some people who were lighter than him (Japanese) at around 6 foot and they looked much better somehow @ 113 pounds, but this guy could not pull off the "I haven't eaten since last year" look very well.

I would have hoped he knows something about balanced diet, at that time he was normal other than some osteoporosis.

Thanks BCC and Mudge.

Superbaby!

:hot: Front page of the Miami Herald guys...

Some baby in Germany that was born with a genetical mutation, so his body won't produce Myostatin. The baby is otherwise in perfect health.

His muscles are twice the size of a normal baby, :lifter: while having 1/2 of the body fat. He is 5 years old now, and able to do side raises with a 7lb dumbell without a problem. They also show pictures of his legs, and they are extremely muscular.

Report also says that Wyeth is the only chemical company currently running safety tests on humans.

Besides the obvious benefit for athletes and bodybuilders, this one of a kind baby can be the rosetta stone for creating an effective Myostatin inhibitor that will help millions suffering from various diseases....

Anyone got more news on this, please post!

I seriously wonder how big the kid will get.

ZorroAzul said:
Besides the obvious benefit for athletes and bodybuilders, this one of a kind baby can be the rosetta stone for creating an effective Myostatin inhibitor that will help millions suffering from various diseases....
complete inhibition of myostatin has to be done at the gentic level...I would say any such supplement is at least 50 years away...and of course there is absoultey no data on the long term effects of inhibition in humans...

Back