• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Carb Cycle Apple Spice Cake

Akateros

I read it someplace.
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
"What the hell is that?"
"Cake."
"I thought you were dieting."
"I am dieting."
"Jesus, I wish I was on a diet where I got to eat whole cakes."
(Co-worker, watching me eat my second breakfast.)

APPLE SPICE CAKE
1/2 cup egg whites (boxed are fine
2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
1 good, tart apple, about 3-4 ounces worth, washed and cored
1/2-1 teaspoon extract(s) of choice (I prefer 1/2 tsp each almond and butter extract)
1/4 cup more egg white OR egg sub OR one whole egg
1/2 cup rolled oats, ground to powder in a coffee grinder or blender
1/2 tsp cake spice or pumpkin pie spice or the like; or combine any or all of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, star anise to taste
1/2 tsp baking powder
(pinch stevia powder, optional, but good)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a nonstick, 8" round cake pan with nonstick spray, and set aside. Put the egg whites in a medium-size deep bowl, and set them aside, too.

Grate the apple. Leave the peels on; fibre is Good For You, and you won't notice them in the finished cake. Combine the grated apple with the extracts and the quarter cup egg substance/whole egg, and set aside. Stir the ground-up oats up with the spices, baking powder and optional stevia. Stir well, as the oats like to clump.

Get out the mixer. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the Splenda, and beat until stiff but not dry. Pour the apple mixture down the side of the bowl (not on top; don't want to deflate the whites). Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the lot. Use a wide rubber spatula to gently fold the whole together (again, careful not to deflate the whites) until reasonably well combined.

Pour into the prepared pan, and smooth the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is golden and springs back when touched, and cake is slightly pulled away from the sides of the pan. Cool on a wire rack ten minutes, then decant and cool completely out of the pan.

The cake may also be FROSTED.
Depending on how strict your views are, you may use:

one serving sugar-free Jello pudding mixed up fairly thickly with milk or lowcarb milk or soymilk or even (sigh) water

pureed cottage cheese, or Quark cheese, or ff cream cheese, sweetened with Splenda and perhaps a touch of vanilla or lemon extract

either of the above, folded into Cool Whip Ultra Lite or Free (remarkably good, and a damn fine approximation of a cream cheese icing)

:nanner: That sounds SOooooo good. :) Definately going to give that a try :D

:lick: YUMMM :hog: this sounds good!!
how many servings would this make?

One.
:grin:

Per cake, unfrosted, using egg substitute:
330 calories
49 g carbs (including the apple of course)
7 g fibre
4 g fat
24 g protein

AWESOME!!! :lick: thanks!

WOw.
this looks phenomenal.
Knowing how lazy I am I probably won't get around to making it, though.
Say, Akateros, since you live in the Ontario area, wanna send me one?
Haha.
How big is the cake anyhow?

Peace.

Very tempting! Thanks for posting the recipe. My lazy butt just may be motivated enough to make this one. :D

hows the texture of this when it cools? moist? or dry and chewy?

Pretty moist, what with the apple.

IML Gear Cream!
One cake only has 330 calories?! In the whole thing?!

The magic of egg whites, sugah.
:cool:

Back