• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Barley

aztecwolf

Sackin' up every day
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey LAM, i just cooked up some barley and i don't know if it came out right, is it supposed to be watery kinda like a soup or fluffy like rice, mine came out in the middle sorta like mushy.

I don´t even know what barley is. :)
Did you taste it ? Is it any good ?

it was alright, but i don't know if i cooked it right, the make beer with barley

Now I know what it is, I think there is a supplement with it. Taste horrible.

supplement?

Not for bodybuilding :) It is used as a natural drug for something. I guess it is stress.

Is that just barley? I would be suspecting barley greens in the supplement. They taste, well, all right I suppose if you like to eat grass.

Barley is one of my favourites. I cook it in the rice cooker. But three cups water would make it a bit mushy I think.

I prefer "hulless" barley (it just has the outer husk removed) or flaked barley to pearled, which is refined. Very filling and chewy.

I use hulled barley, and I just use two cups water to one cup grain. I love it, it's chewy as heck and very satisfying. Can't wait till high carb day tomorrow when I get to load up on it. Remember to toast it in a pan before cooking it, it brings out the nuttiness of the grain.

Peace.

hmm i have to try out the rice cooker to make it

My family actually had barley today! my mom cooks it with some meat, curry powder and onions..

any yummy recipes with barley?

It might take a couple of times before you get it right...lucky the stuff is dirt cheap...

mine kind of comes out fluffly like brown rice does...

I don't have any "good" tasting recipes for barely..lol

I either mix it with some red lentils or blackeye peas

i'll give it a try with some beans

sweet tip on the rice cooker, barley came out perfect

Back