• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

6-oxo used other than for post therapy?

CRASHMAN

SoCal. Stud
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i was just thinking in my head here:

To say someone was cutting, but they really want that hard look in their muscles. could someone just use 6-oxo alone? (because it blocks estrogen)

Not only that, they say that 6-oxo naturally promotes test production from the testies would that be a noticable amount encouraged? or would it just be a waist (hey what the hell maybe an alternate after the ban of andro :D)

Would there be any adverse harm in doing so?

ya i was bored and researching :shrug:

Last edited:
Its not bad when cutting for the reasons you stated.

On paper, the added test levels shoudl help, but anecdotally, it did nothing for me and a few others I know as far as gaining mass.

Plus, its a damn expensive way to use it, as such a use would need to be (1) high dose, and (2) for an extended period.

Try a cycle and see what it does for you...thats the only way to KNOW FOR SURE.

I think, but I am not positive, that if test levels rise so will aromatase enzyme levels. This would mean you would have to increase the dose of 6-oxo every so often. This would be quite expensive. I guess it's your body's way of telling you, "Fuck off, I'll do what I want." I guess scientists call this homeostasis. :D

Originally posted by Dale Mabry
I think, but I am not positive, that if test levels rise so will aromatase enzyme levels. This would mean you would have to increase the dose of 6-oxo every so often. This would be quite expensive. I guess it's your body's way of telling you, "Fuck off, I'll do what I want." I guess scientists call this homeostasis. :D

But 6-oxo being a suicide aromatase inhibitor, that would be taken care of. Test levels would never go high enough to overwhelm this effect.

Here is what would happen. You take the 6oxo and it, as you said, inhibits the aromatase which would lead to a slight increase in test. Not a huge one, but a noticeable one. Your body realizes this and does one of 2 things, increases aromatase enzymes or 5ar. If it increases 5ar, you may lose some coverage up top, get acne, prostatic hypertrophy, etc. Let us assume that this is not the case since your body will also notice a drop in estrogen.

So, your body senses increased test and low estrogen. Now, if your body was not using all of the 6oxo to block aromatase before, you will be fine for a bit. Once aromatase production is upregulated enough to where more aromatase is available than there is 6oxo to block it, you will either have to increase the dosage, or use the stuff with no effect.

This is why most don't use this kinda stuff to increase test levels, the increase is so small that the body can adjust to the change by slightly increasing production of other enzymes.

That shit is way to expensive. I'm waiting for bulknutrition to capsule some up. ;) I hope. :shake:

They sell the raw powder what else do you need :shrug:

It's never going to be that cheap, since Ergopharm owns the patent.

You can get a better price to performance ratio, though, by buying the bulk powder and preparing a transdermal. You'll get more 6-OXO in you system for less $.

IML Gear Cream!
Blackstar's price is pretty good, but if one were so inclined and had the proper contacts, they could get a 10 wk cycle of test enanthate @ 500mg/ wk for the same price. :D

Here is what would happen. You take the 6oxo and it, as you said, inhibits the aromatase which would lead to a slight increase in test. Not a huge one, but a noticeable one. Your body realizes this and does one of 2 things, increases aromatase enzymes or 5ar. If it increases 5ar, you may lose some coverage up top, get acne, prostatic hypertrophy, etc. Let us assume that this is not the case since your body will also notice a drop in estrogen.

So, your body senses increased test and low estrogen. Now, if your body was not using all of the 6oxo to block aromatase before, you will be fine for a bit. Once aromatase production is upregulated enough to where more aromatase is available than there is 6oxo to block it, you will either have to increase the dosage, or use the stuff with no effect.

This is why most don't use this kinda stuff to increase test levels, the increase is so small that the body can adjust to the change by slightly increasing production of other enzymes.

Sorry, but I just don't believe that it will increase test production enough to upregulate aromatase enough to overwhelm the blocking effects of the 6-OXO. What I DO believe happens is that after a short time, the body will simply compensate for the testosterone production and render the product useless for this effect.

And how would it compensate for the testosterone? In the same manner I just described.

too much money for too little results in my opinion

And how would it compensate for the testosterone? In the same manner I just described.

By knocking down LH production.

That would be the response if it were just out of the physiologoical range, 6 oxo won't give it that much of a boost. Think about it, when you inject test into your body, putting yourself way out of physiological range, the response is to downregulate LH. Using 6 oxo, the response would be so minute that your body would either upregulate aromatase or 5ar since that response is more for fine tuning.

That would be the response if it were just out of the physiologoical range, 6 oxo won't give it that much of a boost. Think about it, when you inject test into your body, putting yourself way out of physiological range, the response is to downregulate LH. Using 6 oxo, the response would be so minute that your body would either upregulate aromatase or 5ar since that response is more for fine tuning.

Don't agree with you my friend. The body could actually respond in more than one way...neither you or I could predict for sure.

Very true, but I believe the first response would be upregulation of aromatase. First off, Test would still be in normal phyisological limits so the chance LH production would be effected would be minimal at best. Secondly, estrogen would be low, which the body would also detect. With this scenario I would bet good money that aromatase production would increase rather than LH decreasing..

Very true, but I believe the first response would be upregulation of aromatase. First off, Test would still be in normal phyisological limits so the chance LH production would be effected would be minimal at best. Secondly, estrogen would be low, which the body would also detect. With this scenario I would bet good money that aromatase production would increase rather than LH decreasing..

And in your opinion, if aromatase was upregulated you feel that it would get high enough to overwhelm the abilities of 6-OXO to deal with it?

Yes, eventually. If the dose of 6oxo you are using is high enough, you would be blocking alot of aromataste and still have excess 6oxo floating around. Eventually, the body would upregulate aromatase maybe even gradually. Eventually this would overwhelm the dosage of 6oxo that you are taking and then you would have to up the dose. Maybe ramping the dose gradually is the key, I don't think many have tried that.

Keep in mind I don't know the time frame on this, I bet Pat Arnold may have some insight. It just seems to me that most peeps who have tried it as a standalone have results consistent with this being a relatively quick process. BUT, as you say, this would be on an individual basis and some would respond more quickly.

Personally, I would use the money for a thermogenic, but that's just me. On a side note, I had a pal get some Redline, he is an old school guy who thinks nothing that is legal is any good, and he gives it high marks, says he is sweating like a mofo.

IML Gear Cream!
Yes, eventually. If the dose of 6oxo you are using is high enough, you would be blocking alot of aromataste and still have excess 6oxo floating around. Eventually, the body would upregulate aromatase maybe even gradually. Eventually this would overwhelm the dosage of 6oxo that you are taking and then you would have to up the dose. Maybe ramping the dose gradually is the key, I don't think many have tried that.

Keep in mind I don't know the time frame on this, I bet Pat Arnold may have some insight. It just seems to me that most peeps who have tried it as a standalone have results consistent with this being a relatively quick process. BUT, as you say, this would be on an individual basis and some would respond more quickly.

Personally, I would use the money for a thermogenic, but that's just me. On a side note, I had a pal get some Redline, he is an old school guy who thinks nothing that is legal is any good, and he gives it high marks, says he is sweating like a mofo.

Well, I'm happy about the Redline...thanks for telling me.

Anyway, I think that both of us are making assumptions about how we feel this would go, but only bloodwork could tell for sure. I still feel that the body might increase aromatase and that the 6-OXO would still be defending against it, and thus go to its next strategy and downregulate LH to reach endocrinological homeostasis.

Originally posted by gopro

Anyway, I think that both of us are making assumptions about how we feel this would go, but only bloodwork could tell for sure.

Agreed

Back