• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Scroll bar in signatures

Var

Filthy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The scroll bars in peoples sigs screws with the way my scrolling mouse works. I have to scroll through each sig as I come to it before I can get down to the bottom of the page. I know its not a HUGE issue, but its annoying as hell. :)

My bad. Apparently, I'm in the habit of keeping my pointer in the middle of the page when scrolling. If I move it to the side, it works fine. :doh:

Robert DiMaggio said:
I use a scrolling mouse with IE 6 and I have no problems. :shrug:
So don't I but I have the same issue as Var and it is kinda annoying :shrug: As Var said, if you mouse is not on the right you have to scroll through everyones sig.

Yeah...its pretty annoying

Cant the sig size be limited?

I think signature size should just be limited. Honestly, there is no reason that someone needs paragraph after paragraph in their signature, IMO. Who will honestly take the time to sit there and scroll through people's signatures?>

Start clicking your roller and scrolling by pulling your mouse down, it takes a bit to get used to but once your in the habbit its great ;)

Robert DiMaggio said:
yeah, but I think HUGE signatures are more annoying. ;)
I agree! For YEARS the internet generic rule has been 3-5 lines, I do NOT want to see one persons post taking up a whole damn page @ 1280x960 resolution. I frequently cut out my signature from posts if I have already posted once in the thread because THAT is how annoying I find excessive signatures to be, its not as bad as spam but I think its in the same family.

IML Gear Cream!
I agree with you as well Mudge, but some people use their signature for advertisement or educational purposes. For those situations, they require a bit more space. Like for me, I offered to help gopro advertise his p/rr/s program. It proves to be very helpful to new users to advertise the information within my signature. So in some cases, larger sigs are beneficial. But I keep mine within the confines of the standard space area. I did add something below the scrolling area, but I can do without it. For those advertising several links, they can also be referenced in one message, like I did to save space too. This way you can advertise as many links as you want and not require any more signature space.

For impractical reasons, I agree one hundred percent.
Who wants to see a half a page of meaningless graphics each time they scroll through a message. Some people go way overboard. You give em an inch, they take up a whole page :hehe: :evil:

Back