• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Morning Coffee

JosieMarieL

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you are on a cut and do cardio first thing in the a.m on an empty stomach to dip into fat stores for energy, will drinking a cup of coffee (creamer w/ no sugar, and splenda) hinder fat loss at all?

I wouldn't think so. In fact, the caffeine probably raises your metabolism a little bit because it is a stimulant. I would be more worried about losing muscle than not losing fat.

I like my coffee in the am

I have read somewhere that coffee raises your insulin levels which may mean something, but honestly can't remember wher I read it. that may make some sort of difference on an empty stomach possibly?! don't quote me thou

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.. IF SOMETHING WORKS , YOU STICK WITH IT. WE ALREADY KNOW DOING CARDIO ON AN EMPTY STOMACH FIRST THING IN THE MORNING HELPS BURN STORED FAT. (with the proper diet,of course). THIS INFO IS PRICELESS, IT WORKS FOR ME. WHY MESS WITH THIS FORMULAR ?

Coffee plays with insulin response and anything sweet can stimulate insulin release, either way I think it would be a small small difference unless you have some weird genetic trigger stronger than others.

CAffeine

Actually, caffeine helps your body metabolize your fat stores. Endurance athletes have used caffeine to preserve glycogen stores. I can't describe the actual physiological mechanism, but there are emprircal data indicating caffeine effects on fat metabolization. Check cycling or long distance running sites/books for more info on the details. I personally drink coffee before long bike rides and my am rides/run. It alos helps if your a couple hours into an event.

If you aren't going to go to the gym without first having the coffee, then I say, for God's sakes have the coffee and get to the gym. I could see how one could barf :barf: though, that is a lot of acid on an empty stomach.

Nancy

anything caffeinated has been supported as a great pre-workout drink, as it allows you to work harder. but i think i would eat something with it ;)

IML Gear Cream!
I always have some coffee or a caffine pill before my AM workout :)

DimebagDarrell said:
anything caffeinated has been supported as a great pre-workout drink, as it allows you to work harder. but i think i would eat something with it ;)
Makes me feel dehydrated, but I have coffee typically an hour before the gym.

I drink as much as 108 ounces during my gym time.

Im a coffee freak, have been since I was 18yo. Ive also basically worked crazy shifts my whole life too. First thing I have in the AM, which for me is about 5:00 pm "aka 1700 hrs" is about 4 cups on an empty stomach, in fact Im "coffe-ing up" right now cause I worked late and am just waking. I'll have 3 to 4 more cups at work overnight, or RedBulls. I could drink a pot of coffee and go right to sleep, caffiene has very little effect on me. I hydrate as Im having my AM coffee and then drink my pre-workout Myoplex, with berries, x-tra scoop of protein,calcium orange juice, and creatine. During workout I hydrate, post workout I have my whey drink. About 45 mins after workout I eat a light meal.

Have done it for years and have made decent gains, all the while working midnight shift. Which is a shift that can suck the life out of your training program...........take care..............Rich

Mudge said:
Makes me feel dehydrated, but I have coffee typically an hour before the gym.

I drink as much as 108 ounces during my gym time.

You drink coffee while you're in the Gym? Is that a common thing to do?

-Will

He's prob one of those weirdo's that walks around the gym w/ a dunkin donuts cup.

Jk Mudgey! :kiss:

Wkirby, I think he might have been refering to WATER. :shrug:

wkirby said:
You drink coffee while you're in the Gym? Is that a common thing to do?
Mudge said:
I have coffee typically an hour before the gym.
Before I hit the gym I drink coffee, listen to LOUD music, and write my routine down. I also usually prepare 32-36oz of Gatorade, depending on the day I may fill that twice with water in the gym.

Back