• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

CORN CYCLING QUESTIONS

Monolith

OMGWTFBBQ
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
:D

Actually, being serious... i was wondering if the following makes any sense:

So the basic plan is High/low/no repeat, with each new cycle starting with each new day. But what im wondering, is if a high (or low, or no) day can be separated into two days?

As an example: Its monday. Your first two meals are high carb. The next three are low carb. The last meal is no carb. Come tuesday, youd have 5 no carb meals, with the last meal being high carb. So on with thursday, fri, etc....

Conceivably youd have the same amount of time on each individual carb "cycle." i.e. from the last no carb meal on monday to the first carb meal on tuesday is 24 hours, just like it would on the standard plan.

The whole reason im asking, is because if this is at all possible, then it would be possible to "cycle" carbs and still be able to eat carbs every day. Now, i know theres a lot more involved in this diet, i.e. how many times per day you can spike insulin and the like... which is why i thought id pick your brain. :D

Can I have corn bread? :funny: sorry personal joke to TP :p

Monolith, I am almost positive the answer will probably be no but TP will say for sure. Reason being is because, as you said, the amount of times your insulin is spiked. One of the purposes of the no carb day is to go 24 hours without spiking your insulin at all and with green veggies, protein and fat, we know that's not gonna happen.

Interesting concept, and I have never given it much though, so perhaps after I digest it a bit, I'll have more insight.

Off the top, though, if I am following you, I don't think it would matter all that much. That is, if you are having the same number of High Carb meals, low carb meals, and no carb meals, per week, then it probably should work fine.

But as Jodi implied above, there should be a 24-36 hour period of depletion, every few days where no carbs are ingested.

I have no problem, however, with the idea that you have your last carb meal at 11 am on Tuesday, and the next carb meal at say 5 pm on Wednesday, for example.

You might want to ask Tampa Terry her opinion.

How about...

Monday
High carb (meal)
High carb
No carb
No carb
No carb
No carb

Tuesday
No carb
No carb
No carb
No carb
High carb
High carb

Wednesday
High carb
High carb
No...
(repeat of Mon.)

So youre eating carbs every day. Youre spiking insulin only twice a day. And with 8 no carb meals back to back, youre getting roughly 32 hours of depletion every other day. Also, since youre basically splitting each high carb day over 2 days, youve got ~8 hours (while youre sleeping) between the 2 high carb meals.

So as a traditional cycle it would look something like this: High/No/High/No... except insulin gets spiked only twice a day. Plus, if this works, youre effectively getting rid of the low carb days - making this diet even easier to follow. Even the most anal person wouldnt have to use a measuring cup.

Im gonna look at this s'more... there's gotta be a way to eat carbs every day. :D

Ok, i added it up...

On a traditional High/Low/No cycle, for one week, youd have:

12 high carb meals
6 low
24 no

On the modified 'carb every day' cycle, youd have:

14 high
0 low
28 no

And youre actually going less time between each high carb day, because there are no "low" days, keeping your metabolism speeding along.

But how would you plan to work that into your workout schedule? You going to workout at different times of the day everyday? You want the carbs pre and post so that would be kind of difficult to schedule IMO!

True... if you work a 9-5 job (just for the sake of argument) youd have to get up an hour or two early every other morning to hit the gym early, and on the other days youd have to go in in the evening.

Or you could just schedule your off days on those days. So say you dont want to lift in the evenings, youd just go to the gym on M, W, F or something.

Or you could just go to the gym at the normal time every day. I mean, if you have two high carb meals in the morning, then go to the gym in the evening, youre not exactly going to be depleted in just those few short hours. To combat post w/o cortisol you could just add some FL7 or some sort of 7keto pre w/o. :D

Twin Peak said:
You might want to ask Tampa Terry her opinion.
I thought this was funny at first... but after visiting Avant for the day I find it quite disturbing. Toss the book at the beyotch.

bump

Hey Teepee, any further thought on this? :D

Back