• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How much fiber one is too much?

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I find myself eating a good 3+ servings of fiber one on a daily basis. Is this too much? I get a lot of fiber from other places as well.

We're talking 14 grams a fiber per serving here. It's my understanding that too much fiber can be detrimental to nutrient absorption. How much is too much?

you can get diareah from too much oats/fiber.

i used to eat 6-8 cups of oats per day when eating 5000 cals, an had even long term digestive probs... took a few weeks till i felt normal.

The American Dietetic Association advises that intakes greater than 50-60 grams a day can block the absorption of some nutrients. Generally the recommended amount is 20-35 grams. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get a mix of soluble and insoluble fiber.

I am sure that the American.. made this for the regular person. :) That is why I always increase the RDA on everything.

That is why I always increase the RDA on everything.
Not a bad strategy, as long as you don't mega dose fat-soluble vitamins and minerals.

redspy said:
Not a bad strategy, as long as you don't mega dose fat-soluble vitamins and minerals.
Exactly, that is the only RDA that I respect.

Vieope said:
I am sure that the American.. made this for the regular person. :) That is why I always increase the RDA on everything.
Yeah, this is true for most nutrients. The increase should almost be linear with the increase in caloric intake for the most part.

Too much fiber and you can have reversible effects :eek:

Back