View Full Version : Former Mr. South Carolina busted for 'roids

JerseyDevil
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Saw this posted on AnabolicFreakz.

Former Mr. South Carolina arrested

Weightlifter charged with possessing steroids
By Phil Watson

The Sun News

CONWAY - A former Mr. South Carolina weightlifting champion was arrested Thursday by Horry County police and charged with possessing illegal steroids.

Kim David Williams, 29, of 1065 Weslin Creek Drive near Myrtle Beach, was arrested on charges of possessing 100 or more doses of anabolic steroids.

Sgt. Andy Christenson of the Horry County police said the street value of the drugs confiscated from Williams' home was about $100,000.

Arrest warrants say the search revealed more than 4,000 individual doses of steroids, about 400 hypodermic needles and a .25-caliber handgun.

Williams is accused of ordering steroids by mail from other countries. Christenson said Williams ordered them through the Internet, so his computer was seized in the search.

The investigation started about two weeks ago when the U.S. Postal Service informed Horry County police it was investigating Williams.

Williams was Mr. South Carolina in 2003 and the winner of the Metrolina competition in North Carolina, said Tami Tucker, a board member of the S.C. National Physique Committee, which organized the Mr. South Carolina contest.

He was scheduled to compete in the Junior Nationals competition in Chicago later this year, Tucker said.

Williams most likely will have his weightlifting titles taken away if proved guilty, Tucker said.

"That's something that we'll have to deal with," she said.

Although most national competitions require drug testing for all athletes, many amateur competitions can't afford to test everyone who competes, Tucker said.

In the two years Tucker has been involved with the National Physique Committee, she said she can't remember another athlete being charged with steroid use.

The charges Williams faces are felonies that could get him five to 10 years in prison if convicted, Christenson said.

Christenson said Williams has only been charged with possession, not intent to distribute.

Williams was taken to J. Reuben Long Detention Center. He posted a $6,565 bond at 5:30 p.m. and was released, prison officials said.

More arrests could be made as the investigation continues.

ZECH
06-14-2004, 01:25 PM
He is lucky they only charged him with possession. I would say $100,000 worth is dealing big time. Postal service investigating huh? That's scary.........

Mudge
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
He posted a $6,565 bond at 5:30 p.m. and was released, prison officials said.
$100,000 in steroids they claim and that kind of bail? :lol:

JerseyDevil
06-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I think that dollar amount is typical overinflating BS. They said 4,000 'doses'. That would be $25 a dose. Must be some mighty good shiat.

I'm betting the USPS got suspicious when he received numerous international packages over a relatively short period of time. It would seem ordering international direct is getting riskier and riskier. You won't see me doing it.

Amazing that he could get 5-10 years. You could be convicted of rape, armed robbery, vehicular homicide, etc and get less time. Unbelievable.

ZECH
06-14-2004, 01:41 PM
You got to hope this was an isolated case where they got suspucious because of a large number of packages going to his house and not them watching everything.

Prince
06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
wow, I am just glad they got this criminal off the streets. :rolleyes:

ZECH
06-14-2004, 01:46 PM
And just think he could face additional charges because of the gun he had at his home(which probably had nothing to do with the roids). Hell I've got an arsenal then! I'd never get out!

Mudge
06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
I think that dollar amount is typical overinflating BS.
Of course, but they are practically admitting it with a bail like that.

LAM
06-14-2004, 01:55 PM
And just think he could face additional charges because of the gun he had at his home(which probably had nothing to do with the roids). Hell I've got an arsenal then! I'd never get out!
those federal weapons violations are a bitch to fight if found to have a controlled substane in the same presence as a firearm. usually you don't catch a break for that which sucks since there is no probation or parole in the federal system...

nikegurl
06-14-2004, 03:21 PM
wow, I am just glad they got this criminal off the streets. :rolleyes:
exactly. not like any of us will sleep more soundly tonight. :doh:

eskimo515
06-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Although I don't juice, I would much rather they focus on the three drug dealers two blocks from my house that practically have a shingle up on the corner than this poor schmuck.

TrojanMan60563
06-21-2004, 05:10 PM
They should go after the crack and dope dealers that are selling their drugs to kids at the play ground. Steroids should be the last of the governments worries when it comes to drugs and abuse in this country.