• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

trainer put me on this program...

Italian44

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone...ive been using this forum for a while now, and everyone is always telling me to give each muscle a weeks' rest...but when i spoke to the trainer at my gym today to set up a program, he said that muscles only need about 2 days rest. He said, "when you workout ur breaking muscle fibers, and it just takes about 2 days for them to replenish and recooperate"...or something along those lines...now im not too good at following programs, but he gave me a program that has me doing 2 sets of 8-12 of a couple workouts that i cant remember the name of...but what im thinking about doing is...Just alternate days for upper and lower body. Monday do upper, Tuesday lower body, Wednesday upper body, Thursday lower body, Friday upper, Saturday lower, etc...being 5'5, 178 pounds now, my goal is to get down to 155 by September 4th which is when i leave for college...i lost 43 pounds in 7 weeks last year on the Atkins diet, so i think i can do it...right now, im doing a TKD diet, where i only consume carbs about an hour before workout, and i get up every morning and walk 90-100 minutes on the treadmill, which i know is long, but it feel good after. Im not trying to get bigger, although i wouldnt mind a few inches more...im just trying to retain muscles, and lose fat. If i do one body part a day, i feel as though im not working much, not burning enough calories. Thats why i think doing upper-lower body all in one day is beneficial cause i burn loads of calories. Also, a friend of mine who goes to a military academy says the football team there is in the gym everyday working out for an hour and a half, every muscle too. And ive seen those guys, their huge! Also the football team in my school does strength training and conditioning every other day, they workout for about 2-3 hours every part every other day too, and wwe got some big guys too. But yeah, so my new plan goes upper body on Monday, lower body Tuesday, etc...along with my TKD diet, and my 100 minutes of treadmill in the morning. Any thoughts on this....

If you are looking to lose weight and get toned.......Yeah, you could do that. What I would recommend is a circuit training program where you work every muscle group in one workout. Of course you only do 1 or 2 sets for each body part, but the point is more on keeping your heart rate up.

The reason people work each bodypart only once is because they do a lot of sets for each one in one session. There is nothing wrong with full body routines. I used to work every muscle 3 days per week. The key is to do a lower number of sets so that you don't overtrain. For example, doing 3 sets of chest 3 days per week or 9 sets 1 day per week will give you similar results.

Last edited:
Back