• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why does cutting suck so much?

Premo55

Mic Murderer
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
About to have meal 5 on a low carb day after starving for the past three hours....no carb day and CARDIO tomorrow...life stinks. Let me revel in my self-pity.

Peace.

just for that reason I have vowed never to let myself get over 10% bf again...

nin that holla track off pretty toneys hot eh
i think i should step my workout up, link up with me tomorrow, what you doing

I was wondering the same thing...that shit hurt my brain

Premo55 said:
About to have meal 5 on a low carb day after starving for the past three hours....no carb day and CARDIO tomorrow...life stinks. Let me revel in my self-pity.

Peace.
I'm in the same boat as you :( It sucks ass! :cheeky:

LAM said:
just for that reason I have vowed never to let myself get over 10% bf again...
yeah serious that is why i think i am in the slowest "bulk" in the history of mankind, i wish i could gain some muscle like my buddy who got up to about 190 with the same 5% bodyfat level maintained the whole time

After bulking for about a year, I kind of like cutting. I'm actually hungry by the time eat my next meal! It kind of sucks, but I don't do that low carb crap. That would kill me. I know it is effective, but it isn't necessary. I can lose weight eating a balanced diet with the proper number of calories dispersed properly among the three caloric sources.

I think next time I am going to do a leaner bulk though. I would like to keep at or below 13% body fat. I don't really want to go lower than 10% because it starts to become unhealthy at a certain point; my vanity is not worth my health.

I hear you. I'm going to try shorter bulk/cut cycles because 3 months of cutting resulted in too many plateaus and messed with my head.

CowPimp said:
I can lose weight eating a balanced diet with the proper number of calories dispersed properly among the three caloric sources.
True, however low carbs IMO is the way to go, period. If you overfill glycogen stores simply turning your carbs into fat, whats the point of only doing low calorie diets and losing muscle along with the fat?

I swear by low carbs, for myself.

IML Gear Cream!
Mudge said:
True, however low carbs IMO is the way to go, period. If you overfill glycogen stores simply turning your carbs into fat, whats the point of only doing low calorie diets and losing muscle along with the fat?

I swear by low carbs, for myself.
I eat all slow burning carbs to prevent that from happening. The only time I eat simple carbs is for breakfast. I will have a glass of juice or a glass of milk. If I am not capable of losing this bit of weight, then I may turn to a low carb diet, but I would prefer not to if it isn't necessary.

I'm not on a low carb plan. I'm on a carb cycling plan. In reality I'm probably eating just as much carbs as you are, just that I'm eating them in a scientifically-advantageous manner, I guess. And argon is my boy...he just injected a whole mess of irrelevance into this thread. Aztec, it seems to me like you do too much cardio, man, and don't eat enough to compensate

Peace.

see, that's why I gave up on TP's plan. Adding in an extra day of feeling like day-old rotten ass on no carbs (in other words H/No/L/No, since the regular cycle wasn't working at all) just isn't worth "all I can eat of carbs off the approved list". Now, if it was all I could eat of imported cheese and foccaccia bread, then maybe.

I can get the same or better results with a controlled and counted pattern of three days low, one day high. Sure, it's more anal... but on the whole, it's a hell of a lot more livable.

^ I kinda see your point to an extent. H/N/L/N/H/L/N is the plan I'm on right now, and it's quite a bit more painful than L/H/N/L/H/N/L...especially on the no day following the first low day...cardio is even more painful, I guess I"ll have to tough it out and see what happens. I don't see results at all if I eat as much carbs as I like on high day, it's at 2.5g per pound right now...it's been 2 hours since my last meal and I'm already hungry as hell.

Peace.

Still cutting, still sucking?

Keep meaning to ask and keep forgetting, are you getting comp-ready, or just trimming down so you can look your best in minimal clothing come the muck sweats of August?
:flex:

Hey I hear ya man, I'm in the same boat. Im on a H/N/L/N/H/L/N and boy it gets tuff. I've been cutting for close to 5 months now I think it is...losing track. Still not to where I wanna be. I have another 4 weeks of this then I decided to start another monsterous bulk with carb cycling. Because I'm not prepping for a comp yet I can afford not being at that 5% or lower BF. But stay in the game man, don't stop. Just keep thinking why you are doing it and work harder everyday. The results are worth all the struggles your going through.

Lmao ^^^^

IML Gear Cream!
I am still pretty small so if I truely get shredded I'd be nothing. Maybe after my next bulk and I put on another 10-20lbs it will be easier. Hard to cut down and see muscle def. when the muscles are small heh. Ultimate goal by the end of this next bulk is to hit 200. Then another cut.

As long as I keep it a clean bulk again cutting will be easier. I have no problem putting on weight, its the losing fat part that sux. It seems if I dont totaly cut out most carbs I never lose it. I just go insane but look the same.

DeadBolt said:
As long as I keep it a clean bulk again cutting will be easier. I have no problem putting on weight, its the losing fat part that sux. It seems if I dont totaly cut out most carbs I never lose it. I just go insane but look the same.
Yeah, a clean bulk sounds like what is in order for me next time too. I didn't mind cutting at first, but it kind of sucks now that I have been doing it for two weeks. I never realized how many freaking calories I was eating before because I didn't measure serving sizes.

The balanced way is the way to go for me too. After coming of months of low carbing/carbcycling with much lower amounts of carbs than TP and going for a more balanced "fuel my body's needs" plan I lost more weight. Might want to add that I do a bunch of cardio though :p Haven't lost more muscle than I could afford to loose, but I'm not aiming for a BB look either :shrug:

Akateros, I'm just trying to get somewhere near the condition I was at last summer, when I got down to 4.5%. I'd be happy with 8-9% by the end of July. By my estimation I'm 11-12% right now.

Deadbolt, you're doing great man, you've certainly seem progress faster than I have, but no matter, I'll get there somewhat soon, I hope. How much cardio are you doing?

Peace.

Premo for a week or so I was doing 3 days HIIT but for the past 6 weeks none. I did very little cardio this whole cut. I have had no car for a while (in the shop) so I lift with a friend who drives me, I dont want him to sit around and wait for me to do cardio so I just leave with him. I looked at some pics of me after my long bulk and my most recent and I definatly see some changes but nothing major. I see a little V coming in lol.

No cardio at all? damn, man. I'm getting paranoid about the cardio, really, I tend to overdo it when I start. I'm at one session of HIIT rowing machine right now, and one session clean cardio.

Peace.

I would be doing 2-3 days cardio but I have no way to get to the gym. I only can spare about 10-15 mins to cardio so those long runs and pretty much anything besides HIIT are out of the picture. So I just maintain my diet the best of my ability. Its OK 3 more weeks of this hell ride then back to bulking for me. Not stopping until I'm massive heh, that may take some time so I will enjoy this well deserved clean bulk thast is coming.

Back