• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Determination

Paynne

╔═╬═╝
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
It seems like a journal is the in thing to do here on IM so I'll give it a
shot. I don't know if anyone will be interested in some old guy's wimpy
workouts:grin: but I'll give it a shot, and I could sure use the feedback. Here's some background first:

I've been working out for 22 years 3-4 days a week with no more than a
week off at a time. Thought I knew what I was doing but hardly ever changed the workout. Watched what I ate but I knew little about nutrition. It kept me basically in shape. My epiphany came when I saw some pix from a vacation to Punta Cana. To me it didn't even look like I went to a gym. That was about a year ago and I've been on a rampage ever since.:whip: A bulk put me 15 pounds heavier and at about 20%bf. I just finished a cut which brought me down to around 14%bf. It's time to put some meat on these bones before I go any lower.

I'll be doing the basic P/RR/S which is nothing new around here, but it's new to me. Diet was modeled after DP/W8lifter's Bulking with slow burners. I don't think this is really a bulk since I'm planning on going slow, and doing mini cuts along the way to keep bf from getting too high and to avoid the plateaus during longer cuts. I have no desire to compete so there's no need for something as drastic as putting on 40lbs during a bulk. Long term goal for now is 180 @ 10%bf, but hey, anything is possible.

Stats: *sigh*
age 41
weight 160
bf 13%
Height 5'10"

I'm at work so I don't have measurements with me. I'll post them later.

Here's the basic diet:

Meal #1:
Protein pancake =
1 cup oats
5 egg whites
1 whole egg
2 Tbsp nonfat, unsweetened yogurt
served with .25 C unsweetened applesauce

Meal #2:
2 scoops PP
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 piece fruit
2 fish

Meal #3:
6 oz meat
sweet potato or 1 C. brown rice
1 C. veggies

Meal #4 = PWO shake:
2 scoops PP
1 tsp creatine
.5 C. maltodextrin
1 pouch unsweetened koolaid

Meal 5:
6 oz meat
1 C. veggies
1 C. brown rice/Sweet potato
2 fish

Meal 6:
6 oz meat
1 C. veggies
1 C. brown rice/sweet potato
2 fish

Meal 7 on a WO day:
1 C. cottage cheese
1 piece fruit
1 C. brown rice
1 Tbsp Flax

or

Meal 7 non WO day:
1 C. cottage cheese
1 Tbsp Natty PB
1 Tbsp flax

Supps are just PP, creatine, fish, flax, and a multivitamin. No PHs
for me, my prostate would turn into a grapefruit.

This is actually my third week so far. I was maintaining at 2,200 cals although that was at the end of a cut, and I'm sure that my metabolism was depressed. Heck a 12 week cut would depress anybody. Raised the cals to 3,000 and didn't gain an ounce the first week. Raised again to 3,300 cals the second week, and didn't gain an ounce again, but I think bf has dropped to 13% or 13something%. Recomp wasn't the original goal but I'll take it. I'll post today's Wo and meals later. If you've gotten this far your attention span is longer than mine.:blah: Thanks for stopping by.

About time . Ilike watching the "old timers" journals. Especially since I'm one of the oldest ones on here as far as i can tell.

Hey you have a plan and a goal and thats part of it. You will definetly get all the encouragement and feedback you need here !

Good luck ! :thumb:

Gary

Hey, gw what's up? Most of these weights were pure guesses, next time I'll have a better idea of what to use:

Mon - shock :hair:

chest
1st SS:
cable xover:....80x12/110x9
inc DB press:...40x12/45x9

2nd SS:
inc flyes....30x10
dips..........mex9

drop:
seated mach press:
110x10->90x4->50x6 = ouch

shoulders
1st SS:
seated side laterals...25x10/25x9
DB shoulder press......25x10/25x8

2nd SS:
Rev Pec Deck....60x10/60x10
WG cable row....70x12/90x11

Drop:
cable front raise(both arms, is that right?)
50x9->45x6->40xg

Abs
Since it's shock week might as well do a shocky kinda thing
ab circut, no rest between exercises:
Rev crunch........12/8/8
side crunches.....10/8/8
med ball crunch..7/8/10

Meals for yesterday:

meal 1:
Protein pancake

Meal 2:
2 scoops PP
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 nectarine
2 fish

Meal 3:
sandwich w/leftover steak
1 C. brown rice
forgot to pack veggies for this meal :(

meal 4 PWO:
2 scoops PP
.5 C. maltodextrin
1 tsp creatine

meal 5:
salad with 1 can tuna, 1 C. baby spinach
1 tomato
1 C brown rice
.25 cup raisins (was out of fruit, heck this is close enough)
2 fish

meal 6:
baked cajun catfish mmMMMMmmmm
.5 sweet potato
corn on the cob

meal 7:
(was over on cals here so went a little light)
.5 C cottage cheese
.5 C brown rice
.5 C strawberries
2 fish

It just defies the laws of physics. Increased cals by 1,000, dropped the thermo, and dropped all cardio 2.5 weeks ago and I haven't gained an ounce. :cry:

Keep at it Payne!! :thumb: I am in power week!! :barf: :laugh:

It just defies the laws of physics. Increased cals by 1,000, dropped the thermo, and dropped all cardio 2.5 weeks ago and I haven't gained an ounce. :cry:
Hmmmm , thats not good if you are bulking. unless of course you are replacing fat with muscle at such a rate as to keep your weight level. Guess you better throw in a few banana splits once in awhile like i do !!!!

Thanks guys. I can fit more clean cals in before I split at the seams. So I'll increase them again soon.

Tues - Shock

Legs

1st SS
Leg ext.......80x12/95x10
Front Squat 90x8/90x8

2nd SS:
Leg ext.....95x10/95x10
Leg Press.180x8/180x8

Drop:
Lunge 50'sx8->40x5

3rd SS:
Seated Leg Curl...95x8
Lying Leg Curl......90x8

Drop:
Single leg curl....40x8->30x7
Oh the hams are going to be talking to me tmw

I'm a newbie at front squats and they feel really awkward to me. Since I don't trust anyone at my gym to help with form I might change that to the hack squat machine.

Last edited:
Meals for yesteday:

meal 1:
Protein pancake

meal 2:
1 scoop PP
1 tbsp cream
1 nectarine

meal 3:
6 oz catfish
1 C brown rice
1 C green beans

meal 4 PWO:
2 scoops PP
.5 C maltodextrin

meal 5:
1 C spinach
1 tomato
apple
yogurt ( just couldn't stomach tuna AGAIN)
some beef jerky

meal 6:
turkey burger
.5 of a tomato
brown rice

meal 7:
1 C cottage cheese
1 C brown rice
1 C strawberries (California strawberries just don't cut it when you want Jerseys)

Has anyone read the DaVinci code? That book is great. Makes me want to read more stuff on DaVinci's life.

It's just DP & W8lifter's bulking with slow burners scaled down to my body weight. I don't mind eating this way, I kinda like it.

I think I see an extra pound on the scale now :banana: Hopefully it's a pound of what I want it to be.

Guessed at what the weights should be yesterday, and guessed wrong in a lot of cases, I'll do better next round:

Back & abs - shock:
SS:
pullover 50x10, 55x10
WG pulldown 100x10, 110x8

SS:
stiff arm pulldown 70x11, 80x10
rev grip bent row 100x13, 110x10 (bah, the fixed weight BB's are too light gotta move to the other side of the gym)

Drop:
CG pulley rwo:
120x7->100x6->80x6

Ab circuit
Rev crunch 13,10,11
side crunch 10,8,10
med ball crunch 8,9,10

IML Gear Cream!
Meals: Same shit

...except for one cheat meal last night, 2 slices pizza.

Fri - Shock

SS 1:
EZ curl 75x9,75x8
CG chin mex5, mex4

SS 2:
Preach curl 65x7, 65x7
Rev curl 45x7, 45x7

Single arm cable curl 50x6->40x5->30x6->a few negs

SS 3:
Pushdown 65x8, 65x8
CG Bench 115x9, 115x9

SS 4:
Rev pushdown 50x4, 45x6
Inc overhead ext 50x6, 50x5

Weighted bench dip:
45x10->25x6->mex6

Mon - Power

DB Press:
70x7,75x6,75x6

Inc DB Press:
55x8,60x6,60x5

Weighted dips:
35x7,40x5,40x5

BB shoulder press:
80x7,90x5,90x5

Shrugs w/BB:
225x6,235x5,235x5

No abs, ran outta time :(

Now at 3,500 cals a day. Hello? Is my bathroom scale working?

No gains. Thought I saw an extra lb in there for a minute but the bathroom scale isn't too accurate. Cals are at 3,500. Time to increase again but I'm going to start splitting at the seams. Last year, at the same BW but not quite as lean, I was gaining on 3,100 but it wasn't as clean.

On the other hand, I got pissed at the boss yesterday, went to the gym and smashed all of my PRs. I guess the boss is good for something after all.

I was about the only person reading it so I let it die a natural death. Gains are coming nicely now. I'll start posting again if at least one other person reads it. :D

Your a glutton for punishment GW ;)

Meal 1:
Protein pancake w/blueberries mmMMmm

Meal 2:
PP w/cream
carrots

Meal3:
leftover steak in a whole wheat wrap
Spinach/tomato salad w/lemon pepper
blueberries

Meal 4:
PWO shake

Meal 5:
ground beef and brown rice
bah ran out of veggies

Meal 6:
omlet with...
7 egg whites
1 whole egg
tomato and onion
brown rice

Meal 7:
ummmm....
probably cottage cheese, rice, & fiber one

Rep Range

Alt DB curl
40x5,40x6

cable curl
80x11, 85x10

concentration curl
25x10,25x10

weighted dip
30x8,35x6,35x7

pushdown
65x11,70x7

kickback
25x15,30x12

Weight is up about 2-3 pounds. I think bf is the same :bounce2:

IML Gear Cream!
Heh, I don't slack off man. Haven't missed a planned workout in I don't remember. I threw a pic up on the gallery but it's from like a month ago . May have to increase to 4k cals. :rolleyes: Just stated BCAAS and glutamine so we'll see what happens.

Paynne said:
Heh, I don't slack off man. Haven't missed a planned workout in I don't remember. I threw a pic up on the gallery but it's from like a month ago . May have to increase to 4k cals. :rolleyes: Just stated BCAAS and glutamine so we'll see what happens.
Ahhhhh 4k Got to love it ! I take L-glutamine , seems to work but doesn't taste that great :barf: even mixed with creatine.

I got the AST BCAA/glutamine stack, orange flavored. It tastes like orange flavored rhinocerous piss.

Chest/delt shock:

cable xover/inc DB press
110x10/45x8
110x10/45x8

inc flyes/dips
35x8/mex9

seated mach press drop:
120x9(+ 3 partials)->90x5->50x5(+ 3 partials)

Seated side laterals/DB press:
30x10/25x11
30x8/30x8

Rev pec deck/upright row
70x10/60x9
70x10/60x10

cable front raise drop:
60x10(+ 3 partials->55x5->50x5 (+ 3 partials)

ab circuit on whatever was open. For some reason
everybody was doing abs at once :shrug:

For some reason only ended up with 3k cals today. WTF? Guess I'll
have to do a massive carb up before I go to bed :teeth:

Paynne said:
I got the AST BCAA/glutamine stack, orange flavored. It tastes like orange flavored rhinocerous piss.

Chest/delt shock:

cable xover/inc DB press
110x10/45x8
110x10/45x8

inc flyes/dips
35x8/mex9

seated mach press drop:
120x9(+ 3 partials)->90x5->50x5(+ 3 partials)

Seated side laterals/DB press:
30x10/25x11
30x8/30x8

Rev pec deck/upright row
70x10/60x9
70x10/60x10

cable front raise drop:
60x10(+ 3 partials->55x5->50x5 (+ 3 partials)

ab circuit on whatever was open. For some reason
everybody was doing abs at once :shrug:

For some reason only ended up with 3k cals today. WTF? Guess I'll
have to do a massive carb up before I go to bed :teeth:
Hey nice wo !!!!
I never could quite put my finger on what the L-glutamine tasted like but I see you figured it out . LOL

Legs - Shock

SS:
leg Ext 125x12/140x10
Squat mach 230x10/240x10

SS:
Leg press 180x11/190x10
Leg Ext 140x8/140x7

Lunge 50x01->40x7->30x4

SS:
Seated leg curl 95x12/110x10
Lying leg curl 100x7/90x8

Single Leg curl 40x10->20x10

Calves on Leg Press:
140x11->120x9->100x6
140x12->120x8->100x6.5

Doesn't look like much on paper but it was just the mother of all leg workouts for me. I had to sit down after each set. :eek:

edit: Note the last shock legs week. the strength gains on this have been pretty great.

Doesn't look like much on paper but it was just the mother of all leg workouts for me. I had to sit down after each set. :eek:

edit: Note the last shock legs week. the strength gains on this have been pretty great.

Looks good to me ! Congrats on the gains !:rocker:

What kind of Squat machine ?

Paynne said:
I was about the only person reading it so I let it die a natural death. Gains are coming nicely now. I'll start posting again if at least one other person reads it. :D
I just saw this journal... Hey I'll start following. I'm 48 AND from Jersey, so I think I'm qualified :) . One thing I noticed after scanning the thread, is it seems you do a disproportionate amount of 'shock'. If anything, on a bulk, you should be more focused on power movements.

JerseyDevil said:
I just saw this journal... Hey I'll start following. I'm 48 AND from Jersey, so I think I'm qualified :) . One thing I noticed after scanning the thread, is it seems you do a disproportionate amount of 'shock'. If anything, on a bulk, you should be more focused on power movements.
Maybe they should start a forum just for us "oldtimers" ! :laugh: NAH !!!!!

gwcaton said:
What kind of Squat machine ?

That's what I call it but I don't know it's real name. I never seen one before. You lean forward a bit. I feel it more in my quads so I'm using it in place of front squats since it doesn't feel like my form is correct and I don't trust anyone at my gym to give me feedback on my form on ANY exercise :rolleyes:

I just saw this journal... Hey I'll start following. I'm 48 AND from Jersey, so I think I'm qualified . One thing I noticed after scanning the thread, is it seems you do a disproportionate amount of 'shock'. If anything, on a bulk, you should be more focused on power movements.

Hey JD thanks for stopping by. Where in NJ are u? I'm in the southern part about 5 mins from the shore. I'm doing straight P/RR/S I just haven't logged any of my power weeks yet. Next week is power and I'll log it. The strength gains are coming pretty fast with this program so my weights aren't as embarrassing now anyway :D

:scratch: Something just isn't right here. Either my scale is lying to me or my measurement taking sucks, or maybe both. It can't be right but here's what I'm coming up with:

.................6/12/04................7/10/04

weight.........160....................163
Bi...............14 1/2................14 3/4
chest..........39 1/4................39 1/2
waist...........32 1/2...............33 :eek:
thigh...........18 1/4................19 1/4 :crazy:
calf.............13 1/4...............13 3/4

Perhaps I'll do better measuring next time.

I read your journal Paynne!! :D
Looking good Sweetie ;)

Back