PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I think I'm fat!

Evil ANT
06-25-2004, 04:58 AM
Hi guys! I'm finally back from my business trip.

Anyway, as some of you know, I ran my first cycle a few months back. During which, I ate like a pig, lifted heavy, and got way stronger. Unfortunately, I also seem to have gained some noticeable fat. I've had a few people tell me lately that I've porked out. Not the best thing to be told.

I'm pumped I've gained so much strength and I'll be starting my next cycle very soon. Problem is, I don't want to get even fatter! I've been watching my diet and increasing my cardio quite a bit.

Think if I run my next cycle and still eat a lot, but not as much as before, I should be okay? I know Mudge has said many times that gaining some fat during a cycle is normal and okay. I just inflated a bit more than I was hoping for. Part of me doesn't care since I'm happy with the strength I've gained, but it sucks having people say, "dude, you're getting fat."

My plan for my next cycle is to step up cardio even more to ensure I don't gain too much more extra fat and to not eat as much. I'll try taking in 500 or 1,000 less calories than last time. I'll also be slamming my lats more to give off a wider and stronger appearance as my lats are by far my weakest point.

Thanks for reading my short rant. :)

TrojanMan60563
06-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Dude I think its all about diet. I don't remember your stats but chances are your not big enough to require huge amounts of food. I know food makes you grow and all but I think that if you want to avoid getting fat or fatter on a cycle you have to cut your calories low enough that your able to gain muscle while still losing some fat.I know its easier said then done, but there is a line where your eating too much and going to get fat. I'm sure you can eat more on cycle without getting fat then when your natural but there is still a line where you end up eating more then really needed and wham your fat.

Mudge
06-25-2004, 07:19 AM
With my own body its best to drop fat before starting for best results. I am ecto/endo so I add fat too easily, and muscle takes friggin hell to come on.

Rauschgift
06-25-2004, 07:22 AM
What is your next cycle going to be? The bottom line is if you are going to run a bulker that's just the way it is going to be, obviously within reason. If you try and run a bulk cycle on limited calories to prevent fat gain then you also will not get the results you could have had. It comes down to what you are looking to achieve. If you are trying to gain some freaky mass then you have to eat. If you are content with some smaller gains and want to stay lean then keep your diet in check. What I usually do is run a bulking cycle during the winter and right before summer I run a cutter. Even during a bulking cycle though you shouldn't be getting "FAT", just carrying a few extra pounds around you know 4 pack instead of 6. ;)

ilmartelo
06-25-2004, 08:05 AM
I just started a cutting cycle about 2 weeks ago. I am 5'6'', 145 lbs. I went from eating 2500 callories a day in a 40/35/25 protein/carb/fat split to eating 1600-1800 calories a day in a 50/30/20 split. I workout 4-5 times a week. In addition, I now do cardio every workout- 5 mins of jogging before lifting to warm up, a HIIT program 3x a week, and 10-15 min of jogging on off-HIIT days. Am I doing ok or should I cut my calories further?

LAM
06-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi guys! I'm finally back from my business trip.

Anyway, as some of you know, I ran my first cycle a few months back. During which, I ate like a pig, lifted heavy, and got way stronger. Unfortunately, I also seem to have gained some noticeable fat. I've had a few people tell me lately that I've porked out. Not the best thing to be told.

I'm pumped I've gained so much strength and I'll be starting my next cycle very soon. Problem is, I don't want to get even fatter! I've been watching my diet and increasing my cardio quite a bit.

Think if I run my next cycle and still eat a lot, but not as much as before, I should be okay? I know Mudge has said many times that gaining some fat during a cycle is normal and okay. I just inflated a bit more than I was hoping for. Part of me doesn't care since I'm happy with the strength I've gained, but it sucks having people say, "dude, you're getting fat."

My plan for my next cycle is to step up cardio even more to ensure I don't gain too much more extra fat and to not eat as much. I'll try taking in 500 or 1,000 less calories than last time. I'll also be slamming my lats more to give off a wider and stronger appearance as my lats are by far my weakest point.

Thanks for reading my short rant. :)
how fat is fat ? are you over 18% bf ?

TrojanMan60563
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Mass is such a general term. Gaining freaky mass could mean getting fat as hell. IMO if your getting fat your eating too much. I agree that to get the most muscle mass gains you have to enough, but I think when you notice fat gains that means you've eaten too many calories for what your body needs and is storing it. I guess for some people gaining any kind of mass is hard so the advise to eat a truck load of food is whats needed to get a response of any kind. I have never had a problem gaining muscle or fat...So for me I would rather eat just enough calories to keep gaining muscle and avoid fat storage.

Rauschgift
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
I just started a cutting cycle about 2 weeks ago. I am 5'6'', 145 lbs. I went from eating 2500 callories a day in a 40/35/25 protein/carb/fat split to eating 1600-1800 calories a day in a 50/30/20 split. I workout 4-5 times a week. In addition, I now do cardio every workout- 5 mins of jogging before lifting to warm up, a HIIT program 3x a week, and 10-15 min of jogging on off-HIIT days. Am I doing ok or should I cut my calories further?
You might want to start your own thread on this. ;)

LAM
06-25-2004, 11:16 AM
gaining to much bf while on cycle can not only be a sign of eating too much of the wrong types of foods (too much carbs & fats vs too much protein) but of decreased insulin resistance from a high saturated fat, low fiber diet...

it is virtually impossible to get fat from an excess of protein...

Evil ANT
06-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks, guys.

On my first cycle I ate whatever I wanted, within reason. I didn't go out and eat cheesecakes or anything, but I did inhale quite a bit of food.

Next cycle I'll make sure to watch my carbs and fats. I'll try to eat pretty clean (as clean as I can while still making gains) and I hope to be okay. I'll be running test, deca, and dbol. :)

Supermans Daddy
06-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Yo my brotha, Do some push aways ( push tha fuck away from tha table) ! ha ha ha! Peace and Love !

Evil ANT
06-26-2004, 12:01 PM
:laugh: