• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

bulking and cardio

bulletproof1

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
is it ok to do some mild cardio to burn fat while bulking or will that simply defeat the purpose of bulking? thanks.

I hate to bring up a old topic.... BUT

I think it does defeat it, but does anyone know anyhing that would come out of doing cardio while bulking?

cardiovascular health... cardio elevates my mood and actually increases my appetite. i find it could be good for bulking

In the most recent MnF, there is a section about the easting habits that several body builders did that help change their physiques and help them improve. Ronnie Colman claims that he does cardio 4 days a week, for 40 minutes a session all year. Whether he is bulking or cutting. He claims it helps you eat more food, which gets more of the nutritional value from the food that you need to build muscle. Therefore (he figures) cardio allows you to eat more, which in turn allows you to get more muscle.

I don't know if I agree, but it is food for thought from one of the most gargantuan people around.

High intensity cardio is good for your heart and lungs (among other things). Moderate intensity is good for burning fat. When you bulk, you eat more than you burn since your purpose is anabolism. Some moderate intensity cardio can help keep fat in check while you are bulking. But your body can't burn fat at high intensity, so it burns up carbs and muscle. Ronnie Colman is one of many body builders who have found that fat burning (moderate intensity) cardio allows them to eat enough to build muscle without putting on too much fat. So, no, it does not defeat the purpose. There are many health benifits to aerobic exercise that I won't get into, but you should not cut it out completely unless you are really lean and have a hard time gaining weight. If fat is an issue at all, you should work in some cardio even while bulking.

Back