• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

quick question about a certain food combination

Determination

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Working out tomorrow's menu, I'm a waiter and I have to take meals with me to work and eat on the fly as I work. It's very tough to get the right amounts of foods at the right times this way, but I do my best.

I just want to know if this is a fat storing combo. I've heard that you should avoid high carbs when there is fat...so i'm just worried this might make me store fat

1 Whole Wheat bagel (270cal / 55g carb / 12g Protein / 2g fat)
3 oz Chicken Breast (80 cal/ 0g carb/ 19g protein/ 1 g fat)
2 oz tomato (12cal / 2.6g carb/ .6g protein/ .2g fat)

And here's the kicker...1 tblsp of smart balance "butter"...it has 2.5g of mono/polyunsaturated fats...it's good stuff. Normally I would use slices of cheese, but I'm out. It has 80 calories, 9g fat.

Total for meal 442 cal / 57.6g carb/ 31.6g protein/ 12.2g g fat

Anything to worry about as far as fat storage. Again I've very active all day, and I'm more than likely going to eat this mid-work, running around non-stop.

Thanks for your help

This is not a fat storing meal for anyone "very active all day". I can't imagine how you wouldn't be hungry if this is all you eat during your shift. Are you trying burn fat?

Well for this particular meal I'll be eating about an hour before I go to work, so I'll be eating this sandwich around mid shift (2.5, 3 hours later)...then I eat again when I get home

my shift only last 2.5-3 hours..sometimes I little more. Tricky part is that I have 3 of these per day...some times 4...so getting my meals in requires some serious (see screen name)

And yes I'm cutting. thanks for your help

If you are cutting, I'd say the ratios are pretty good. Fat is a tad high. Remember, protien can always be converted to Carbs if your body needs the energy. If you are eating less calories then you are burning than neither the carbs nor protien can be stored as fat, because they must go through a long conversion process to become fat, and your body would rather use carb for it's energy. Dietary Fat can go straight into your fat cells as soon as it is absorbed. So for cutting, keep the protein high, carbs moderate, and fats low (chosing the best fats--mono & poly). Keep the meals small and frequent (sounds like you are already doing this). You should maintain the muscle, and the slight calorie defficiency should burn stored fat. High protein will help control your appetite. It sounds extreme, but what works for me is a 50:40:10 Carb: Pro: Fat ratio (calories not grams) goal. You should never be full, just satisfied. There are a few fat free cheeses that aren't too bad. You certainly don't need more than 35 g of fat per day if you are under 175 lbs. If over, don't exceed 50g per day, and try to stick with aforemention calorie ratios. Only 10% of total calories from fat takes thoughtful planning and sacrifice, but it pays off for me. For convience, look into Meal Replacement Shakes. They are great for at work, require no prep and a good one will have high protien--low fat.

I think you might want to get in a little more protein if possible. Replace some carbs with protein. Replace that butter with something else. As well, you should shoot for more complex carbs that will last longer (Brown rice, lentils, barley, yams, etc.), but you could do a lot worst.

CowPimp said:
I think you might want to get in a little more protein if possible. Replace some carbs with protein. Replace that butter with something else. As well, you should shoot for more complex carbs that will last longer (Brown rice, lentils, barley, yams, etc.), but you could do a lot worst.
I know this, but it's not very convenient to bust out a nice meal with chicken, lentils and greens in the middle of serving people

which is why I go with the sandwich...or an mrp...which I'm already have 2 of today, and that's my max for liquids. You guys have no idea what I have to do to get this meal in, when it's the drink I can just chug it as I go, but when it's a sandwich I have to go hide in the corner and chow it down as quickly as possible

gotta do what you gotta do.

Today I'm eating 2400 calories, my macros are 45%carb, 35%protein and 20% fat...like I said, I usually wouldn't go with the "butter" (it's not really butter), but to meet my caloric requirements that's about the only thing I can put on there as to keep the portion size a decent size.

I'm getting enough protein, that's not even a problem. The mrp's have 45grams...and I should be getting 35 per meal, so 31-32 on some others is not exactly skimping on the protein

I was simply concerned about that certain combination pertaining fat storage...because I usually wouldn't have something like that (carbs in the 50's) with fat

I'm not sur where you live but stores like Whole Foods have a nice selection of sprouted breads. they are far superior to whole wheat types...

I know exactly where you are coming from.....I have been a bus boy for 6 years and the past 2 a food runner. Its not easy but it can be done. I manage a shake or two a night and the rest of my meals. I work way more then 3 hours though. I pack in 4-5 meals every night I work b/c I'm there so long. I still eat my chicken w/ brown rice and veggies while working. You need to find those opening when your rush is gone for a few mins and just chow down. I will ussually just grab my container and shovel some food in my mouth and chew it as I grab the plates, by the time I get to the doors I'm done. Just make sure you pack food's that don't get stuck in your teeth ;)

It is very tuff I know but if the determination is there it can be done.....and if your boss has a problem with you eating then just run to a secluded area for 2 secs and down some of the food, do it every few mins until your done. I use to use the walkin box when no one was there, not only do I get full but I cool down heh.

so far, if I've taken anything that's been to eat out of tupperware and with a spoon/fork...it's just been cottage cheese with yogurt. Other wise, mrp's and sandwiches on whole wheat bread have been my choices.

other main reason I like to stick with sandwiches is that they don't need to be warm to taste like something....cold rice with cold chicken ain't as appetizing.

But hey, I'm trying. Mrp's definitely do help...I don't like having to depend on 2 per day when I'm working, cause they lack the thermic effect of whole foods...but for the most part, I really don't have much time at work.

Today, this sandiwch (I switched the chicken and butter for a lean cut of pork...4oz), I ate it within a 15 minute span, just left it at my station and kept taking bites at it. I managed to find like 45 seconds where I could just gobble the end of it, heh...

Definitely not as easy as getting your meals in when you got nothing else to do but work out, ha.

LAM said:
I'm not sur where you live but stores like Whole Foods have a nice selection of sprouted breads. they are far superior to whole wheat types...
I'll look into that, thanks!

Back