• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How to get rid of my belly

alexanne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am doing the atkins diet, for a year now, i jogg everyday for 35 mins, do lots of pushups, but my belly still there a lil bit even though ive lost weight on the rest of my body, and my chest and shoulders and arms are starting to tone, what can i do to loose my belly?

lift weights. You need to add some Lean body mass to raise your metabolism. Stop jogging so much you are probably just wasint away muscle. This is why marathon runners are so "skinny fat". Maybe it is time to change the diet if you have been doing the same thing for a year also.

I dont beleive the atkins diet is going to accomplish what you want. You need to eat more often and throw some carbs in there your body needs carbs, but slow burners are the best way to go...such as brown rice,oats,barleys,and other whole grain type foods.

Read around some more and you will find something that will work.

LIFT WEIGHTS..! I took a 3 month hiatus from working out due an enjury. When I started lifting again 2 months ago, I had a 37" waist and was about 184 lbs. Within 2-1/2 weeks I had my waist back down to 32"... and today I am up to 200 lbs, and still have a 32" waist.

Workout in the heat. Like I posted in another Thread, my trick is to workout in the heat, and eat like a mother-f*cker..! I open all windows and doors letting the outside heat in, and sweat the fat out... then about 20-30 minutes before my workout is done, I close everything and turn the air back on, and then finish my routine. When the air is back on, I feel a renewed strength and workout another 30 minutes!

You don't need cardio to burn the fat.. you just gotta pump the iron and sweat like a smelly bastard... and eat right... and keep doing it all over again..!

sweating doesnt burn fat, unless im mistaken. sweating only makes you... well sweat and lose water weight, which needs to be replenished frequently.

the atkins diet has helped me a lot to loose my weight, im afraid if i change diets i might go back to my old weight, what diet do you recommend? i really dont have time to lift weights but i do like working out at home, push-ups, abs, all kinds of natural exercises.

"sweating doesnt burn fat, unless im mistaken. sweating only makes you... well sweat and lose water weight, which needs to be replenished frequently."

I also would like some verification on the heat/sweating thing to lose weight. It sounds good, but I always thought it was just water weight as well.

sweating doesnt burn fat, unless im mistaken. sweating only makes you... well sweat and lose water weight, which needs to be replenished frequently.
I'm not questioning anybody's expertise, and I don't claim to know everything,... but pumping iron and sweating burned 5" off my gut in 3 weeks.

Sure, sweating doesn't burn fat, if your just standing in the sun and sweating, but my post above depicted physical activity involved... motabolism..!

If you have two guys who are both the same genetic structure, and both have a 37" waist... one stands outside in the 95 degree sun and sweats, and the other is busting his ass on the weights in a 85 degree room... who is gonna burn the fat..?

GEEE... let me think about this for a minute..!

Cmon dude,... it is obvious..!

I still dont see the connection. Read what you wrote.

""Sure, sweating doesn't burn fat, if your just standing in the sun and sweating, but my post above depicted physical activity involved... motabolism..!

If you have two guys who are both the same genetic structure, and both have a 37" waist... one stands in outside in the 95 degree sun and sweats, and the other is busting his ass on the weights in a 85 degree room... who is gonna burn the fat..?

GEEE... let me think about this for a minute..!

So if just standing in the 95 degree heat doesnt make you burn fat. Then how does it effect you during a workout?""

All im asking is for a little proof.

Doesn't sweating mean you're raising your body's core temperature, and doesn't that play a factor in metabolism or something else?

So I'm guessing sweating is more of an indicator, rather than an actual direct factor.

IML Gear Cream!
Nothing but a good case of heat stroke IMO.

Amen Jodi! Of course you should sweat when you're working out, that's a healthy response from your body. But if a key goal of your workout is to sweat, then you're risking a host of possible side effects from your body.

-Will

alexanne, post your diet in the diet and nutrition forum, we can help you from there. you won't lose much weight without proper nutrition, no matter how hard you work out.

BF:2 cups no carb/sugar chocolate milk, scrambled eggs, jam, sausage , low carb/sugar toast (2 slices)
Lunch: 2 subway's chicken atkins's wraps, 2 cups no carb/no sugar ice cream, no carb diet soda.
dinner: steak n eggs, 2 tomato slices, lettuce with no carb dressing.

then i go jogging for 35 mins daily and do about 10 sets of 20 reps push-ups everyday, pull ups, and dips.

WOW no wonder you arnt losing that stomach. Im assuming thats pork sausage with tons of fat and jam is pure sugar. The atkins wrap arnt the best thing to be eating.

Plus you only ate three times. You need to eat atleast 5 times to effectively get your metabolism working for you.

I don't think sweating just to sweat is necessarily the best course of action. If i remember correctly, it's better to stay in a cool climate and drink cold water to burn more calories (your body burns more calories to stay at the same 37 degrees temperature).

And being outside in the sun isn't healthy these days.

If you have two guys who are both the same genetic structure, and both have a 37" waist... one stands outside in the 95 degree sun and sweats, and the other is busting his ass on the weights in a 85 degree room... who is gonna burn the fat..

To me, it's obvious - the Guy in the Sun will get sunstroke and decompensate from water loss, while the guy inside the cool gym works out nicely :D

ive tried to get off the atkins before, and ive kept working out and eating fruits, eat more often ( salads, protein bars in between meals, and shakes), also started eating cereal for breakfast, ive noticed that i had more energy, but either i gained 10 pounds in a month or stayed at the same weight. i dont know what i should do, so far atkins is the only diet that has done the job for me so far, i dont have time to go to the gym, but when i get home i do work out like i said before. what do u guys think i shoul do?

I think you should work out seriously, how do you train at home?

There's nothing special about losing weight! It's just calories and eating often! Find out what your basal metabolic rate is (2500 calories maybe?) and get a diet that supplies a little less than that.

I'd advise you to go to a dietician who gives you a controlled regime. You seem to be doing it blindfolded, and atkins is a little extreme just for losing weight.

i just jogg for about 35 mins, powerwalk for 15 mins, 10 sets 20 reps push ups, pull ups, dips, and ocasionally sit-ups

Well, all that exercise doesn't burn that many calories (maybe 300, 400? And that's including your normal metabolic-rate calories burned), so, again, the easiest way to lose body fat is to eat properly and gain more muscle.

IML Gear Cream!
I really appreciate your opinion, but the million dollar question is: Properly, How? What do you guys recommend? Remember, If I eat sugar, Ive tested this before, I gain weight fast. Since you guys know more about diets than I do, I would like some advice in how to eat properly, what is the best way?

I'm gonna throw my opinion in here. For the record I'm new to working out but have managed to flatten out my stomach and lose 10 lbs in the last 4 weeks. First off I do abs almost everyday. Not a extremely hard abs workout but a nice burn. Also the portion size is very important. The smaller portion sizes the more your stomach will shrink. And then of course your diet is also important. So take it for what it's worth but working my abs almost every day and having 5-6 small meals as opposed to 3 bigger ones has flattened out my stomach in only 4 weeks. I still have the fat but it's on the way out also.

Again, I'm new but what the hell I can have an opinion right? ;)

And now I'm off to the gym! :rocker:

There is alot of great diet tips and recipes on this site. You should really check them out. Overall, the best thing to do is calculate your base metabolic rate. It will help you determine the number of calories you need to take in each day to maintain your current weight. If you cut that number by about 25%, that is the number of cals you should take in to cut. Then divide those calories over 5-6 meals a day, spread out every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours. Each meal should be comprised of lean protein, carbs (both green and leafy/vegie type, and the nice starchy kind like brown rice, oats, whole wheat pasta and barley) and fat - but the good kind, like olive oil, omega-3 fish oil, flax seed oil or the fat from nuts (almonds are great!). Usually a 40/40/20 ratio works nicely with 40% protein and carb, and 20% fat. Check out the home page of this site for some excellent nutritional info. Good luck! :)

Atkins diet will work for you as long as you dont eat carbs. Are you going to avoid carbs the rest of your life? To build quality muscle you must have a healthy balance of macros. Your diet needs a complete makeover and I know you want to avoid the carbs, but in the long run, your body will thank you and it will be so much easier to keep the weight off because of all the muscle your body will have. Dont be scared of carbs, moderation is the key.

Fact is, in order to lose and maintain the loss of weight, you must be calorie deficient. Which means you must get rid of more than you put in. You need to figure out your basal metabolic rate. Then figure out how many "positive" calories you can put in based on what weight you want to be. If you want to be 110 lbs for instance, a rough guide is 1100 calories to MAINTAIN that weight, to lose means less or burn it off another way. "positive" calories means protein (60%) carbs (20%) fats (20%). Complex carbs, lean proteins, essentail fatty acids (Salmon, flaxseed oil). Walk around more at work, take a walk at night, dont eat that ice cream so much (1 per month is fine), play with the dog for 20 minutes outside, have sex, eat properly, do 3 sets of your routine, pushups, situps, crunches, dips, no-weight squats etc. Hope this helps.

Alexanne you probably gain 10 pounds whenever you eat sugar because your body's been depreieved of carbs for so long that when you start putting then back in, their gonna start retaining fluids and you'll blow up like a ballon, or at least thats what i heard happens after going off a low carb diet.

In terms of your diet you need to be eating frequently say every 3hrs. 6 small meals thurout tha day. do you know what your bmr is.

Upon rising - whey shake w/10g glut (help me with the cortisol thing)

egg whites with 2oz shredded chicken breast and oats with dash of cinnamon for taste.

whey shake w/oats and flax seed oil (varies with PWO or HIIT)

1 baked potato(sweet) large salad and baked chicken breast

spinach and string beans with tuna and flax s.o.

baked chicken or fish, steamed veggies and 2tbs peanut butter

bedtime ??? cottage cheese with some sorta efa (sometimes I have cod liver oil) or peanut butter. i like some kind slow digesting protein here, some like leafy greens.

A MUST - water with each meal (at least 8 glasses daily)

Protein

Eggwhites

Turkey breast

Chicken breast

Fish - orange roughy is my favourite.

Whey protein

Carbs

Broccoli

Asparagus

Spinach

Celery

Pumpkin

Green banana

Zucchini

Fool around with it and see what works for you.

you need to be doing weight training

mon - chest, shoulders, triceps
tues - cardio and abs
wed - back, biceps,
thurs - cardio and abs
fri - quads, hams, calves
sat - cardio and abs
sun - rest

hope this helps some. good luck!

staying on the Atkins diet for an entire year is your first mistake...

Xantix said:
Doesn't sweating mean you're raising your body's core temperature, and doesn't that play a factor in metabolism or something else?

So I'm guessing sweating is more of an indicator, rather than an actual direct factor.

The first thing you have to take into consideration is what a calorie is. A calorie is a unit of energy, heat energy to be specific. One calorie is the amount of heat energy required to raise one gallon of water one degree F. Taking that into consideration, when you burn calories during exercise or any other activity, your body is generating heat. To combat the heat your body begins to sweat. Soooooo, being the logical human beings that we are, we form the conclusion that if we're sweating, we must be burning calories. Wellllll, that's not neccessarily the case. As has been pointed out, you might be sweating just because it's hot outside. So, why in the world did you waste your time reading all this? Hopefully you've realized that sweating CAN mean you're burning calories, but it isn't a 100% proof positive that you're doing that.

Back