• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Outer

Mule

Great American Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What?

Me neither, just SQUAT

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

Don't know what it's called but it goes something like this:

alien4.gif

LOL!

------------------
Learn HOW TO from people who know! [CLICK BELOW]
IBCOF - International Bodybuilder's Co-Operative Forum

Hmmmmm.......Never thought about that developing the forearms. How have your results been. What do you recommend 3 or 4 sets? To think I've been wasting my time with wrist curls.

[This message has been edited by BroadStreet (edited 05-02-2001).]

COME ON YOU BUNCH OF BABIES!
biggrin.gif

Come on, didn't you read that article?

You CAN'T isolate any part of any muscle, that is a myth! Get with the program!
biggrin.gif

(p.s. I don't really believe that, I'm joking.)

------------------
got muscle?

Will someone answer me. Please.

are the outer heads like where your forarm meets your bicep? if it is i do reverse curls to work that

------------------
get bigger, stronger, faster

Tell me the best excercises to hit the outer heads of the tricep and biceps please.

The Bi's are made up of three heads:

Biceps Brachii is made up of 2 heads
Long Head (Outer)
Short Head (Inner)
Brachialis has one head

The Triceps Brachii are made up of 3 heads:
Long Head
Lateral Head
Medial Head

I believe you can target diffrent heads with diffrent exercises but you cannot totaly Isolate them from the other heads.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

Originally posted by Mule:
COME ON YOU BUNCH OF BABIES!
biggrin.gif

ok ok, don't have a fit! lol I'll send you a PM because this will only start an arguement with some members and I for one am tired of arguing about this subject.

------------------
If you build it they will come

I was just wondering the best exercise people who don't have the problem of hitting these areas. Let me know what you do.

Large you know theres nothing but love for ya. Or do you want a piece of the ASS.
smile.gif

That's a joke! I don't want you to touch me.
biggrin.gif

According to Arnold. Reverse barbell curls and preacher curls done with dumbells together not alternating hits the outer bicep. For outer triceps, lying dumbell extensions.

Ok now we are talking. I just want opinions.

won't cable kickbacks hit the tricep head? I also use a rope and a low pulley and pull up and out like swinging a baseball bat and it seems to get that zone pretty good. It looks retarded, but it's what the MLB guys do.

actually, both those exercises suck so stick with pushdowns, french presses, and dips

All 3 heads are involved in a tricep extension, and the long head is the prime mover in a shoulder extension and adduction.

What does that mean?

It means that a lying tricep extension will stimulate all the heads of your triceps, but a pushdown would stimulate the long head specifically.

So, if over years of training you have come to the conclusion that the long head of you triceps (this would be the bottom part) is lagging, then a pushdown may help you bring it up.

Note - The lateral and medial heads cannot be seperated under any circumstances.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

Oh I forgot about the biceps...

The biceps are a relatively simple muscle in nature, as far as mechanical function.

There are two bicep heads:

Long head - outer
Short head - inner

The two main functions of the biceps are:

Elbow flexion
Forearm supination

Both heads are invloved in both of these functions, therefore it is impossible to target one with the exclusion of the other.

So, in all functional sense, the biceps are in fact one muscle.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

<font size="1">[This message has been edited by TheSupremeBeing (edited 06-06-2001).]</font>

Back