• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What do you guys think about BOWFLEX?

alexanne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I really dont have the time to go to the gym, but I was wondering if BOWFLEX is any good? does it really work? :confused:

I guess it could work. But for the price... I think they are like 800 for the cheapest model. Why not spend that on a good bench,squat rack, and adjustable DB's, and plenty of weight... you might spend a little over 800, but youd have everything you really needed.

i agree with kvyd on that one! i mean i heard it was pretty good, my uncle has it and he said he really liked it, but he sold it after he achieved the body he wanted and now he just has a big basement full of squat racks and benchs and DBs etc...etc... he said all that shit is better than the bowflew tho

What do you guys think about BOWFLEX?

just about the same thing I think about most of the other fitness fads out there, bunch of pussified worthless hype.. if you have time to use a bowflex then you have time to go to the gym 3 times a week, just drive faster there.. you might actually have to work hard as opposed trying to find the quickest and easiest solution. Make time

My father bought one when I was going to college in my hometown. I used it during the summer during a regular schedualed exercise and I never got results that I got with free weights. It was good to get my muscles toned and such, but never made any gains on it.

theres no such thing as getting your muscles toned, you can lose bodyfat and your musculature can be more apparent as a result, but hypertrophy is hypertrophy.

A friend of mine has a Bowflex. I went to his place and worked out on it for an entire week... all body parts, just like my regular routine. It DOES NOT even compare to free weights! Later, he came to my house and could not even compete with me on free weights. Don't waist your money on this piece of junk..!

Nice looking piece of equipment, but it's still a machine that doesn't allow the stalbilizer muscles to come into play. YOU CANNOT BEAT FREE WEIGHTS..!

Vital Signs said:
Nice looking piece of equipment, but it's still a machine that doesn't allow the stalbilizer muscles to come into play. YOU CANNOT BEAT FREE WEIGHTS..!
Oh no, sure you cant. Never.

But its the better of two evils I think. I hope. For those looking to get a home gym type of thing that is...

blowflex makes for a great clothes rack, that's about it...

Bowflex is a good piece of equipment

There are several reasons you might want to go with a Bowflex type machines and several reasons you might not.

I'll start out and say that I was once 287lbs and needed a way to lose weight. I didn't really think at the time it could be done with a cheap bench and a barbell since with that I thought it would be difficult to work each and every body part. That was simply my mistake. It can be done. I could have gone to the gym at the time but 287lb people hardly ever go to the gym and don't want to get their fat ass into one. I lived probably half an hour from the nearest one.

I got the Bowflex and when I got it decided to change. Threw out all my junk food and started exercising. I worked out every other day and in the end I lost a total of 90lbs. I could go on and on about it but won't. The fat did really melt off. I really liked the machine but in the end realized the mistakes I was making. I was using their suggested program and what's crazy is that on that program you are really not eating enough to gain any muscle! How could you on 1500 calories?! It was all my fault. At the time stupid me did not realize you had to eat more than you burn to gain any real muscle.

Yes, free weights are always going to be better than the BOWFLEX. It really depends on your goals. If you want to just get in shape and don't mind paying $800 then go with the Bowflex. You might just want to save yourself half that and go with a Crossbow for $399. If you don't like that you can take it back and spend the $800 on free weights. I paid $999 for my Bowflex and I felt it was worth every penny, mainly because I lost 90lbs!

I have my doubts if you can gain any very large muscles with the Bowflex. I don't think it can be done. I wish someone could prove me wrong. So, I don't think it's a good idea to get the machine if that's your goal. You could build muscle but just not a lot.

I think with some people the BOWFLEX is perfect. It just all depends on your goals. It's easy to use and easy to learn how to do all the different exercises. Like I'd imagine it'd be much better for people over 50 than free weights.

I don't get why people bash the Bowflex so much. It's just wrong, just go with what works I think. Anything is better than nothing.

Did you stop to think that not everyone has room for a huge bench, squat rack and all that other stuff. Some people also don't live near a GYM? As I mentioned free weights are better, but I just don't have the room for the other stuff. Bowflex takes up just a really small space and is lightweight.

Anyway, right now is if you go the power rod/resistance cable route the Crossbar is looking pretty good. They have one model that's only $600 I believe. The Crossbow is the first version with the resistance bands/rods.

You can also get a Schwinn Bowflex at a sporting goods store for around $500 -$600 I believe.

tdockweiler said:
I don't get why people bash the Bowflex so much. It's just wrong, just go with what works I think. Anything is better than nothing./QUOTE]

1) Because people like to have opinions regardless of whether or not that opinion translates to everyone
2) Because people really do want to help, and much like the supplement companies *caughSell-Techcough*, we know that there are better things for the money so we speak up.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned goals AND that anything is better than nothing.

This is where I work out...
http://www.mightysworld.com/gallery/V-Player/V_Player_Gym

Why? because I HATE gyms and anything is better than nothing.

gr81 said:
just about the same thing I think about most of the other fitness fads out there, bunch of pussified worthless hype.. if you have time to use a bowflex then you have time to go to the gym 3 times a week, just drive faster there.. you might actually have to work hard as opposed trying to find the quickest and easiest solution. Make time

wordmuthaf*ckinlife bro!

on the real don't waste tyme on that rubbish, go get yo ass 2 da nearest gym you'll get WAYYY better results. trust!

Back