• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

best time of the day to burn fat

TX_BOY

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I heard doing aerobic excercise in the morning is the best time of the day to burn fat. What time do yall work out/ do cardio at? Is there really such a thing as a certain time of the day to burn fat ?

Empty stomach in the AM.

So say i jogg 2 miles straight when i wake up, ill lose more fat than after my dinner in the evening ? I started joggin at around 7pm cuz i thought it help burn calories from my dinner and earlier meals, thus trimming my body fat.

the trick to burning fat from cardio is forcing your body to go to your fat cells for energy (empty stomach.) if you do cardio after eating your body wont need to do that.

Mudge said:
Empty stomach in the AM.

I started doing HIIT in the AM on an empty stomach.

The I read a post from an extremely experience poster here, with all the credentials to boot, that said muscle can be lost if doing cardio, and even HIIT on an empty stomach.

If I do HIIT in the AM on an empty stomach, and then wait 1 hour before eating, my body will burn fat and not tap into any muscle for energy, right?

You Don't Want To Do High Intensity Cardio To Burn Fat. To Burn Fat You Have To Get You Heart Rate Elevated To A Certin Level And Keep It There For About 30 Mins. The Heart Rate Level Depends On Your Age And Weight . 30 Mins At A Nice Steady Pace First Thing In The Morning On An Empty Stomach. You're Not Trying To Do The Hundred Yard Dash In 6 Seconds.

i disagree with the steady heart rate. whether you're trying to build muscle or burn fat or whatever ... your body is made to run as efficient as possible. thats why its best to keep throwing your body curve balls so your body cant get used to 1 thing (heart rate, reps, exercises, timing of meals.) IMO

TheWolf said:
It's tough to argue with Spike with those abs, but here is an artilce that goes against his advice.

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~wneumann/files/guerilla_cardio.pdf

Rebuttal??
I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. BOTTOM LINE IS WHAT WORKS FOR ONE PERSON MAY NOT NECESSARILY WORK FOR ANOTHER. IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS FOR ME. AND THIS WORKS FOR ME. TRIAL AND ERROR, THAT'S HOW IT IS IN THIS SPORT. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF SOMETHING IS RIGHT FOR YOU UNLESS YOU TRY IT. IF YOU DON'T SHOW PROGRESS DOING A PARTICULAR EXERCISE OR ROUTINE MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT ONE. GOOD LOOKIN OUT WOLF.....

caps man caps...alright

IML Gear Cream!
Good point Spike.
I'd never ARGUE how to burn fat with a man who has 12 pack and 0.25% BF!
HIIT is just another weapon in the arsenal for the war on fat.

Take care.

TheWolf said:
It's tough to argue with Spike with those abs, but here is an artilce that goes against his advice.

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~wneumann/files/guerilla_cardio.pdf

Rebuttal??

the science behind Guerilla Cardio is the same as HIIT cardio. Intervals of maximum effort for a short duration cause the RMR to remain elevated for hours after the training session...both are excellent for decreasing body fat and sparing lean muscle...

during my whole workout i am sweating bullets and breathing very hard during my whole lifting session....my heartrate is up the whole time.....isn.t this like doing cardio

Mr_Snafu said:
The I read a post from an extremely experience poster here, with all the credentials to boot, that said muscle can be lost if doing cardio, and even HIIT on an empty stomach.

Sure you can, do you think fat burning doing cardio comes free?

I dont do any cardio.

yep definitely HIIT training in the morning on an empty stomach.. but i dont think doing cardio is the best way to burn fat, the best way is to improve your diet..

improve diet definitely! min amount sugar!, cario 1st thing in morning empty stomach 1hour flat out if you can last it or high low 1st 1 minute run fast then slow 1 minute then fast 2 minutes then slow 1 min etc etc.. then 1 hour at night of cardio & weights, caffine tab to give u a boost to run that bit faster (Hydroxic Cuts or Diamtrene Extreme) , L Cartine, flax seed oil, fish oil

defiantly will improve with all that! fast... but number one rule is to be committed!

I know all this as thats what worked for me last time when i was going to compete .. this time round I'm struggling with time for cardio... i need a kick up the a$$

Jogging in the morning is certainly the best time, although I firmly believe in eating first unless you have to resort to fasted AM cardio in an attempt to break a weight loss plateau. If you jog in the morning, then you reap the benefits of an elevated metabolism for a while after you finish.

Check out this article on IM. It weighs the risks to benefits of various weight loss techniques.

Morning and after workout

Back