• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Blah Blah Blah

Saturday Fever

Pimp Gimp
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Deadlift Day

I know this was supposed to be deadlift day. But I wanted to try a new lift I saw called Paused Squats. Basically you don't hit parallel but you'll pause with some form of accomodating resistance. The idea is to get yourself accustomed to heavier weights.

Speed Deads
10 sets of 2 with 315

Paused Squats (80lbs of chains)
345x1 (holy shit)
375x1
405x1 (the pause is starting to get annoying)
435x1
465x1
495x1
505x1
525x1 (this is a lockout of 605lb)
550x0 (thank God for pins)
535x1

GHR
3 sets of 20

** when I say not to parallel, I mean not really even close. Basically going down until the resistance from the chains becomes less than their actual weight. That's where you hit the pause. I was using a 2 second pause.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :D

So for the paused squats, you're basically doing lockouts (ie, just the top portion of the movement)? I assume the theory is the same as doing walkouts?

Well, I stand 6'4 so I go probably halfway to parallel before the chains start to offer less resistance. That's where I pause.

So it's a bit more than a lockout. But yeah, the idea is to get accustomed to heavier weights. Strenghtening one portion of the ROM will always carry over to the strength throughout the entire ROM.

Whats GHR?

Ahh... cool. Ive seen those before, but my gym doesnt have any equipment for it. I was thinking of trying it on a lat tower, but the seat is too small for it i think.

How do you like em? Does it feel similar to a lying curl?

LOL, Riss and Rock call them "Dives"

ME Bench Day

6 Board Press (no shirt)
135x3
165x3
185x3
205x3
225x3

5 Board Press
245x1
275x1

Flat Bench (shirt on)
315xNT
345xNT (almost)
365x1
375x1

Tate Press
4 sets of 6 with 50s

CG DB Press
2 sets of 12 with 60s

things are looking good!! I see you must be well healed if squatin again eh? :)

I love GHR's! they kill though! :shake:

I still wrap the foot but otherwise it's been pain-free for a couple weeks.

The GHR is awesome. You can do it with bands, or up on an incline, and the difficulty increases tenfold.

IML Gear Cream!
interesting... I just do the home version on the floor ones under a barbell. :p

Wrap bands around the barbell and then anchor them on some dumbbells a few feet in front of you. Or double up the bands. They will add a lot of tension to your lower back as well. I just hold the bands in my hands at my chest so the tension doesn't creep up my back that way.

Squat Day

I consumed about 14000 calories over the weekend. It was awesome. So was the gym.

Box Squats (Inzer on, until I hit parallel)
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5 (maybe PR)

Good AMs (big arch, sumo stance)
225x1
255x1
275x1
295x1

Hypers (with bands)
4 sets of 6 with 60

Love the journal name man, lol, always unique! :D

375 on bench? Holy bench strength batman! Keep it up bro, you're going to tear it up in that competition. :thumb:

375 with the shirt on. ;)

With the shirt off I think I'm good for 275ish, maybe more. I've really gotten my form into a good spot. I really found the groove of immobilizing the shoulders whilst doing DB pressing a few weeks back and it's done nothing but help my bench.

Bench Assistance Day

Speed Bench
8 sets of 3 with 150

Dips
3 sets of 2 with +130

Had to go to work, cell was ringing. Fuckit.

What do you do for work? For some reason I thought you were a personal trainer?

I own a company that does investing for small companies and the employees of small companies. Similar to 401k in many ways, but done so smaller companies can afford to offer spiffs to their employees.

I don't do much at all in that arena. I actually take care of all the servers and network gear so that my employees can do their jobs. We did a big upgrade a couple weeks ago and I'm still working out the kinks.

I wouldn't mind being a personal trainer. It's obviously something I'm interested in.

I just wanted to note (this being my journal and all) that I am in a pissy mood today. And I think I know why. The dungeon was blaring Slayer this morning when I was interrupted and had to miss some really good music. I think the angry, hateful music carried over to my day.

:mad: :mad:

Saturday Fever said:
I own a company that does investing for small companies and the employees of small companies. Similar to 401k in many ways, but done so smaller companies can afford to offer spiffs to their employees.

I don't do much at all in that arena. I actually take care of all the servers and network gear so that my employees can do their jobs. We did a big upgrade a couple weeks ago and I'm still working out the kinks.

I wouldn't mind being a personal trainer. It's obviously something I'm interested in.
Cool! Got any stock tips? ;)

IML Gear Cream!
Stocks aren't so hot right now. There are LOTS of other ways we invest for people though. Lots of real estate ventures right now.

But should anything come around, I'll be glad to tell anything I can. Don't wanna end up like Martha Stewart though. ;)

lmao. Dont worry, just send any insider tips to my anonymous email account, that way "the man" cant see it. :hehe:

You see microsoft is doing a stock buyback? Increasing their dividends, too. :dance:

Solid workout man, looks great, short and sweet. That's the way that I am realizing I love to train. I am not a big fan at all of high-volume, I much prefer less volume and much more intensity. :)

How's the diet, other than the 14K calories over the weekend, lol.

This morning was going to be longer, but work = blah.

My diet is as usual. I take in about 5200 calories a day, the majority is probably shakes and such. Might begin cutting a shake out everyday and see how much fluctuation that gives me. I'd really like to compete a 198.

I want to see your diet. Will you post todays? Weight gainer shakes?

Today's diet:

Breakfast
1 cup oatmeal (1 cup dry, so 2 cooked)
8 egg whites
2 hashed browns (cooked in a pan with some spray instead of oil)

-insert workout here, followed by Designer Whey Protein-

Snack:30
2 servings N-Large

Lunch
2 chicken breasts (on the forman grill)
2 cups white rice (thank God for rice cookers)
1 serving Designer Whey Protein

Snack:30
2 servings N-Large

Dinner will be in another hour or so, followed by a final Snack:30, followed by ZMA and sleep. Tonight we're BBQ'ing tri-tips. I'll eat as close to 2lb of steak as I can, accompanied by 2 cups of rice, steamed carrots and the better part of a bag of tortilla chips. I've discovered the trick to getting huge meals down is to save the steak for last. It's easy to eat the steak and be satisfied and forego the extras. It's much harder to eat the extras and forego a BBQ'd steak.

So that's my diet and forecast today.

Nice. Its weird, because like you said I find it easy to consume large quantitys of meat. I will try what you do next time.

For what it's worth, dinner last night consisted of the following:

2lb tri-tips BBQ'd to perfection
3 baked potatos
1 serving Designer Whey

And for dessert I had...umm...well, let's just say I had fun. :D

Damn, you can pack it in.

Dessert was fun, eh? I take it you and that girl got your schedules sorted, finally? :D

:yes:

Yeah it was awesome. All I had to do was BBQ and she did the potatos. She started making 2 and I was like, "Hrm, you better throw a couple more in there." She says, "Oh I can't eat two." I just told her, "That's OK." :)

Back