• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How Many Calories?

LuckiGirl79

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm new to this. Well, not completley new to working out and eating healthy, but new to precision and perfection you guys have it down to. I've just been flying by the seat of my pants and hoping the scale drops, lol! So, I've been reading a lot of the posts and trying to educate myself on the definitions of refeed, HIIT, carb cycling.........still muddling through it all. Where can I find out how many calories I should be eating a day?

Multiply your weight by 15 for a baseline

Yikes! Then how much should I take off of that if I want to lose weight?

15 cals is a bit high for someone trying to cut but of course that depends on their metabolism. The best way is to calculate what you eat for the next 3-5 days and figure your average cals per day. If you gain then you need to cut it back if you lose, well you get the idea.

Also, is it possible to cut while weight training?

Why wouldn't you weight train while you cut? You should always weight train while cutting.

I thought I read something around here about doing mainly cardio while cutting and mainly weight training for bulking. It has always been my understanding that you should do both while cutting as increasing muscle mass burns more fat. I must have misunderstood what I thought I read.

I'm quite sure nobody here would ever say you should not weight train while cutting. That defeats the purpose IMO.

Continue with your weight training and cardio while cutting, always :)

Jodi said:
...The best way is to calculate what you eat for the next 3-5 days and figure your average cals per day. If you gain then you need to cut it back if you lose, well you get the idea.
Yup, this is the best way to go. Keep a diet journal with each days calorie intake for 2 weeks. Add up the total calories comsumed over the 2 week period then divide by 14, this will give your average calorie intake per day.

Lets just say you did not gain nor lose weight over the 2 week period. This would mean that your average daily calorie intake is at a maintanence level.
To lose weight at a safe rate you should cut about 300-500 calories a day off your average, this is the method I use.

The same method can be used to bulk up. Add 300-500 calories a day to your maintanence level.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for all the advice guys (and gals too)! I find this to be comical. Okay, to count calories you have to read the label and eat the serving size on the label for those calories to be correct. This is a lot of work to go through for every thing you put in your mouth, hence, I already know I will proabably eat less cause that will mean less labels to read! I am now catching on to why most of your diets are so simple. It really makes you stop and think if what your putting in your mouth is really worth all the effort!

try www.fitday.com . it has a huge food database and calculates everything for you. Just search the food and enter the amount eaten. much easier that way :)

LuckiGirl79 said:
Thanks for all the advice guys (and gals too)! I find this to be comical. Okay, to count calories you have to read the label and eat the serving size on the label for those calories to be correct. This is a lot of work to go through for every thing you put in your mouth, hence, I already know I will proabably eat less cause that will mean less labels to read! I am now catching on to why most of your diets are so simple. It really makes you stop and think if what your putting in your mouth is really worth all the effort!

at first it is tedious but couting calories teaches you a lot about the foods that you eat. by learning how to count calories you will "know" what you are putting into your body instead of guessing and hoping that's it's good for you...

Back