• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Losing too much too quick?

cjrmack

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I kind of let myself slip up to 200 pounds and my belly was getting out of proportion with the rest of me. I began closely watching what I was eating 2 weeks ago figuring on losing a pound a week to get down to 186 in three months.

My question is I have went from 198 to 192 in a period of two weeks. Is that losing too much weight too quick? I have averaged 2200 calories a day for those two weeks. The breakdown has been 30 % fat (73g/day), 32% carbs (185g/day), and 38% protein (219g/day) . I am 5'10" and workout on a 3-day split (Tues-Chest/Tri's, Thur- Legs, Shoulders, Sun- Back, Biceps, Forearms) and do HIIT cardio and abs 2 times a week (Wed/Sat.)

Of course I do not want to lose muscle mass so I am looking for opinions on whether 3 pounds a week is too much. If so I can tweak my diet. Any advice will be appreciated.

if you have greatly reduced your carb intake that type of weight loss is typical. you have simply lost a lot of water weight due to the reduced carbohydrate intake.

monitoring body fat every couple of weeks is the safest way to go when dieting. preserving LBM while reducing body fat is far more important than just seeing numbers on the scale decrease...

at the begining of a diet it is quite normal to have accelerated fat loss, perhaps due to the change in food choices, less carbs as mentioned(water loss), etc. If you do not want to risk loosing too much at once(as risk of loosing muscle) you could increase your protein slightly more, cycle calories and/or carbs.

LAM said:
monitoring body fat every couple of weeks is the safest way to go when dieting. preserving LBM while reducing body fat is far more important than just seeing numbers on the scale decrease...

AMEN....get a caliper test

Back