• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fish Oil

REACTION

IN EFFECT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im trying to figure out how many tabs of fish oil i need to use as the fat element in my bulking diet. I weigh 145 pounds, im currently consuming 2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight and 4 grams of carbs per kilo of bodyweight. The tabs are 1000mg. Can anyone help please? :thumb:

I take around 8 caps a day

Male or female? Somatype?

Jodi one question, since if I remember correctly you're a big fan of fish oil supps...

the person that asked the question said that each cap was 1000mg...I looked up a so called "high potency 1000mg" variety on the net

and it only had 2g of fat...along with the omega's

my question is...why not just eat fish? You kill two birds with one stone, you get your complete protein and your efa's...

Do these caps have some unreal omega fatty acid to g of fat ratio or something?

The directions on this thing said take 2 caps with each meal daily. How is this not wasting money. Fish is expensive relatively to chicken per se, but if you're supplementing with oil caps...seems to me like you could just buy fish and save yourself some money...

or maybe there's something to these caps that I'm not aware of?

Eating fish is a perfectly valid alternative; the fish oil capsules are simply a more concentrated form (and save you from having to down herring every day if that's not your thing). Of course it's more expensive; it's always more expensive to get your nutrients from refined supplements rather than food.

If you can stomach it, the straight oil is somewhat cheaper than the capsules, though less portable. I prefer to get my EFAs from food myself -- salmon, trout, herring, walnuts, flax seeds, hemp -- and I personally like Udo's blend better than fish oil, though the balance of it isn't quite the same (and possibly, depending on who you believe, not as good). Udo's is, however, tasty as a salad dressing, and fish oil straight up makes my entire being revolt. I didn't notice any particular bonuses in Zesty Good Health or fat loss through the month or so that I gagged down daily fish oil with great dedication, so I'm personally happy with that.

I use udo's as well. Definitely much better as a salad dressing...tastes nasty by itself. I can get the bigger bottle at a health store for 15 bucks which is a steal considering how much I've seen it go for.

I don't eat fish every day per se, but I think variety is key. I try to get my efa's from as many different sources as possible. found this salmon at sam's club, it has 41g protein per serving and 12g of fat. 5 servings per pack (2 pounds), they come individually wrapped so you don't even have to cut it...less than 9 dollars a pack with tax.

sardines are super cheap and mixed with some tomato/garlic/basil (natural) sauce, super tasty

nuts are key, there's a nice variety there, plus who can resists some natty PB?

I also like this brand called "smart balance/smart choice"...they make dairy products with balanced fat ratios and added omega 3's if I'm not mistaken. Their "butter" and "cheese" are quite tasty :)

You cannot get enough EPA/DHA from eating just regular fish even on a daily basis, well unless you eat a big ol' hunk of salmon everyday. I get 4G of EPA/DHA a day which is 8G of fat coming from 8 1000mg Fish oil caps at 50% EPA/DHA.

I have been using herring oil for years, it is loaded with EPA/DHA (brain food). I have no idea how much I take because I drink it right from the bottle...YUM YUM.

What is the deal with fish oils and Mercury??

Jodi said:
You cannot get enough EPA/DHA from eating just regular fish even on a daily basis, well unless you eat a big ol' hunk of salmon everyday. I get 4G of EPA/DHA a day which is 8G of fat coming from 8 1000mg Fish oil caps at 50% EPA/DHA.

I fdefinitely need to read up on epa/dha, then. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the fat to epa/dha ratio isn't the same.

I have bunch of capsules that contain 1,000 mg fish oil per softgel and 180 mg EPA, 120 mg DHA. Are they crap? I assume next time I buy them I should get ones with equal amounts of EPA and DHA but are the ones I have good enough to finish?

thanks

IML Gear Cream!
Hilary, those are the same concentrations that mine are that Im using right now, I get 3g total EPA/DHA daily (reccomended intake I believe) with taking 10 fish oil caps.

So guys im getting the picture is to take 8 - 10 caps a day. I take that already so I guess there is no worries but my original question was how many do I need to take to fulfill my daily fat content on a bulking diet. I am 145 pounds, male and train three times a week with high intensity. Im looking to bulk.

you wouldn't want to try to get ALL of your daily fat intake from fish oil caps imho. better to vary your sources but definitely continue to include the fish oil caps.

Back