• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

one arm push ups

Justindh

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If I bench pressed yesterday, and it was low weight high rep, could i do one arm push ups today if im not really hurting?

Hey Rocky, I would suggest you don't work the chest 2 days in a row, although I think 1 arm pushups is mostly done with momentum. Still your chest needs a rest. You could smack some meat around if you want.

Last edited:
LOL! Ok thanks. And I have a question for you. What kind of abdominal exercises do you do? You have spectacular obliques.

Last edited:
Justindh said:
LOL! Ok thanks. And I have a question for you. What kind of abdominal exercises do you do? You have spectacular obliques.
2 sets of crunches and 2 sets of bent knee leg lifts, done till they burn like hell. :hot:

Vital Signs said:
How often do you do this..?
3 days a week, for the obliques all I really do for them is flex in front of the mirror,squeeze hard.. :thumb:

SPIKE1257 said:
3 days a week, for the obliques all I really do for them is flex in front of the mirror,squeeze hard.. :thumb:
i think another key is that he has insanely low bf%

Justindh said:
If I bench pressed yesterday, and it was low weight high rep, could i do one arm push ups today if im not really hurting?

if you can bench more than your bodyweight push ups are a complete waste of time...

LAM said:
if you can bench more than your bodyweight push ups are a complete waste of time...
Not necassarily true. I wouldn't be doing pushups the day after my chest workout but pushups are an awesome way to finish off a chest workout. You can always put your feet up on a bench to make them a little more difficult.

madden player said:
Not necassarily true. I wouldn't be doing pushups the day after my chest workout but pushups are an awesome way to finish off a chest workout. You can always put your feet up on a bench to make them a little more difficult.

finish it off in what way ? the fly is a superior stretch muscle movement for finishing off the chest. the push up untilizes only a portion of the bodyweight regardless of the angle it is performed at. if a 200 lber can bench 250 lbs what exactly will a push up do interms of stimulating strength or hypertrophy ?..nothing

IML Gear Cream!
One arm or two arm pushups are a waste of time unless you are weak, not on day one and not on day two.

Just my opinion, but they have no use unless you are anti-weights and all about natural bodyweight movements, and its not even bodyweight at that due to leverage nor is it linear either due to angle change.

I used 100 pounds ( I only have a hundred pounds worth of weights) and I weigh about 139 140. Im not trying to get big, Im more ripped. That is how i want to look. Im only 15 so I cant get any serious muscle right now. Plus I dont have more than a hundred pounds in weights. The chest is not even all that important to me, what I work the most is my midsection. Saxon side bends, wheel jack knives whith a 25 pound plate on my back, double leg russian ballet leg thrust with ankle weights, 70 pound full contact twist, hanging stretch sit ups withs weights, swiss ball crunches with alot of weight, dragon flags with a swiss ball, and much more. I have pavel tsatsouline's bullet proof abs and it has to have the most painful exercises I have ever seen. Im going to start using kettle bells soon. And push ups are not that useless, go out on the concrete and do them on on your finger tips and knuckles until they bleed.

you can do several sets of push ups the day after chest training as an active recovery exercise...

LAM said:
finish it off in what way ? the fly is a superior stretch muscle movement for finishing off the chest. the push up untilizes only a portion of the bodyweight regardless of the angle it is performed at. if a 200 lber can bench 250 lbs what exactly will a push up do interms of stimulating strength or hypertrophy ?..nothing
So what you are saying is that even though I ended my chest routine with flyes and I can get down on the floor and pump out a couple of sets of pushups I am not stimulating any growth??...I am not trying to get on your nut sack or anything but those pushups at the end of a chest workout are super tough. I am lucky to get in 6-8 good full range pushups and I find it hard to believe that they are doing nothing.

Justindh said:
And push ups are not that useless, go out on the concrete and do them on on your finger tips and knuckles until they bleed.

Because if we learned anything from the dark ages, its that bloodletting, is good!

I am NOT a big Push up fan. The Army cooled me on that. But I will say this. I tried some cockamamie training deal to get past a stuck spot on my bench press.
It went something like
225 as many times as you can
25 push ups
225 10 rep
25 pushups
225 5rep
25 pu
200 5 rep
25 pu
185 5 rep
25 pu
It f'ing smoked my ass. but you know what...it worked. maybe it just bored me so badly that it helped me bump up my bench, but it did work

madden player said:
So what you are saying is that even though I ended my chest routine with flyes and I can get down on the floor and pump out a couple of sets of pushups I am not stimulating any growth??...I am not trying to get on your nut sack or anything but those pushups at the end of a chest workout are super tough. I am lucky to get in 6-8 good full range pushups and I find it hard to believe that they are doing nothing.

sure they are hard because the muscles have already been depleted of oxygen, ATP, etc. and glycogen. it has been pre-exhausted.

it all comes down to the load that is being applied to the chest muscles. progressive overload causes muscles to remodel and hypertrophy.

Bit of a no brainer though isn't it? Taking Arnold Schwarzenegger's word over anyone's here.

IML Gear Cream!
DannyT said:
Bit of a no brainer though isn't it? Taking Arnold Schwarzenegger's word over anyone's here.

you obviously don't really know that much about Arnold if you think he actually wrote those books, can you say ghostwriter...lol

I am betting a lot of Arnold's writings were ghostwritten...but push ups have their place in bodybuilding....flyes supersetted with push ups is an awesome combo, keep pushing till you are face down in a towel.

The whole BB world is full of ghost writers, not that I doubt that Arnie's favorite post workout meal was beer, chicken, dbol and pot.

His orgy stories are something of legend, aye.

Mudge said:
His orgy stories are something of legend, aye.
It should give people around the world hope...come to America do lots of drugs have crazy orgies marry into the Kennedy's become movie star then Republican governor of "Kollyfornia"...you gotta love that guy...is there a greater success story??

Ghostwriters just put people's thoughts into words, which is quite different to making everything up. There's not many people who could write their own book, word for word, without a ghostwriter.

Back