• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Arnold Press

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've read that the Arnold Press is supposed to work the anterior deltoid, but I really feel the burn along the medial deltod. Was the desription of the excercise that I read incorrect (as far as which muscle gets the most work), or is my form off (such as lifting them directly over my head)?

Thanks
Conrad

cfs3 said:
I've read that the Arnold Press is supposed to work the anterior deltoid, but I really feel the burn along the medial deltod. Was the desription of the excercise that I read incorrect (as far as which muscle gets the most work), or is my form off (such as lifting them directly over my head)?

Thanks
Conrad

any overhead pressing movement is going to involve the lateral and anterior heads. if you just want to target the anterior deltoid to front raises with a db or bb...

IMO...the arnold press is overrated

Subliminal, that's where I got my info on the Arnold Press from. Great site by the way!

LAM, thanks for the information. I don't believe that the Arnold Press is over-rated. When I do them I feel a phenomial burn on the middle deltoid. It's so accute that I can feel the burn right between my front and back deltoids.

Thanks for the help guys!

Saturday Fever said:
What does a burn have to do with the quality of an exercise?

Everyone knows that major lactic acid buildup is king for muscle hypertrophy!
LOL

I am a n00b, but here's my train of thought:

1) If you correctly use a muscle you get the normal physiological reactions (increased blood flow, chemical reactions, etc.)
2) A muscle that gets used has increased blood flow to supply oxygen (and other items)
3) The transfer of oxygen leaves behind lactic acid.
4) Work a muscle so intensely (I work to failure) would require a lot of oxygen and thus leave behind a lot of lactic acid.
5) Lactic acid burns.
6) A good burn means a high oxygen requirement that means that the muscle got a good workout. Which is a good thing.

I'm no expert, but I think the logic is sound.

Additionally, the fact that (for me) the medial deltoid head burns and not the anterior or posterior deltoid, then I likely had good isolation.

Just a thought...

lactic acid is nothing more than the byproduct of glycogen metabolization in the abscense of oxyogen...a burn means absolutely nothing. some people have a high lactic acid threeshold others a low thresshold. because exercise A burns more than exericise B does not in any way mean that exercise A is a superior exercise...

creatine and sodium bicarbonate both help to buffer lactic acid...

LAM said:
lactic acid is nothing more than the byproduct of glycogen metabolization in the abscense of oxyogen...a burn means absolutely nothing. some people have a high lactic acid threeshold others a low thresshold. because exercise A burns more than exericise B does not in any way mean that exercise A is a superior exercise...

I was being facetious!

IML Gear Cream!
LAM, based on what you said about Creatine, and what I've been able to learn this afternoon, I went and picked up a very large container of Creatine Monohydrate (unflavored) from GNC.

The things so huge it's almost its own excerice. :)

Thanks for the tip.

Lam, so you'd wanna take creatine pre-workout? During weight training, lactic acid is at its highest, some are more sensitive, right? I always take creatine post/w, so it wouldn't help as far as lactic acid buildup. IYO, would it be a good idea to consume creatine pre-workout . . . perhaps during workout? lol

Creatine ensures you have ample phosphates to form ATP after phosphates are broken off during muscle contraction. (with regards to weightlifting)

So why not take it whenever you want, as long as you're consistent, and your body will always have them ready. It's not like your body is going to digest it right away and it's not like your body screams for it after the gym.

I take creatine in the morning everyday, it just so happens I work out in the morning. But I'd take it in the morning regardless.

And here I was trying to be a law abiding poster by starting a thread about Creatine in the supplement forum. ;)

Thanks for the tips! Yet again!

Back