• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Old Threads Closed

Pirate!

Gatekepper
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I think it would be a good idea to close threads after they are inactive for a certain period of time. Then we don't have jackasses pulling up three year old threads on myostatin with no comment other than "bump" or to talk about products that were fly-by-night failures and no longer exist. :thumb:

Talk about an administrative nightmare that would be. :shake:

Not only a pain in the arse as Jodi said, but I do not even see the point of it. I agree at times it seems rediculous when people bump very old threads, but there are times when re-opening the discussion a year later is okay.

also, many threads here are indexed in Google and that is how people come acrossed them, so often they do not even realize that they're old. Or, they do a search, which I wish more people would do, they find the answer they looking for in an old thread, but they still have one more question, so the ask in that thread. This can be beneficial for newcomers too.

Around 600,000 threads to close. DAMN have you seen how many zeroes that number has :eek:

Dayamn I was WAY off, still a shiatload of threads for someone to close though. :spaz:

And instead of posting new comments or questions on old-related threads.. one would start a new thread and then get yelled at for not searching first..whereas bumping the old thread shows research has been done and certain questions remain unanswered

UGH..just realized this is a sort of old thread :doh: It was listed on the bottom of the page...

I think they should not be closed. There are some old threads that is good to see it coming back.

IML Gear Cream!
No doubt it would be a nightmare to close that many threads. I thought there might be an option to have old threads closed automatically, but I see why you would leave them open. It is funny that this thread was dug up on accident, though. It isn't that old.

greekblondechic said:
UGH..just realized this is a sort of old thread :doh: It was listed on the bottom of the page...

So what's your excuse for bumping it? :D

My vote would be not to close old threads. There are many valuable threads with juicy information. Adding to the original thread no matter how old it is, makes more sense than continuing to open new threads regarding the same topic. Especially with the threads being indexed as Prince pointed out. It just makes information that much harder to find when it is scattered all over the place. I know that there will always be duplicates, but at least if people add to an old thread it helps reduce them.

Back